Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/148/125

Height: 5'2

Default My Doc took me off insulin

Went to the endocrinolosit today and my bloodwork was 7.0. I wasn't going to to tell him i stopped takin insulin for a month prior to the a1c test. But he ask how I lost weight b/c it's hard for a diabetic to lose well I told him ww and I stopped the insulin. The reading was good for me not takin insulin but still on metformin. The day I seen the brusies on my stomach from injecting I said that's enough. So there is hope.
missjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I'm glad for you that you are able to get off insulin. I had to have needles in my stomach for blood thinners and I know how they feel and look.

With the help of Metformin and eating better, my sugars are in a good range again. I only have the odd blip up into the sixes if I'm not feeling well or eat something sweet. Diabetes runs in my family, so I do have to keep on top of it though; and going for a walk or doing a bit of exercise can bring it back in line ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote