Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 11:11 PM   #16  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI VAL ~ TGIF ... you and I posted at the almost the same time, so I didn't see yours. It's so nice to hear from you. I'm glad that those yoga classes are helping you so much. Yah, daylight savings and moving have upset my sleeping patterns too; it seems to be taking ages for me to get to sleep lately. I know some of it is caused by pain in my feet and legs, so I have had to take some pain meds for that.

I used to fall asleep fairly quickly, but maybe I'm just not used to this place yet; as we lived in the other one for over 16 years. DH thinks it will take us a little while to get used to it here.

I haven't taken any pictures, but thanks for the reminder; I'll try to remember to do that tomorrow, along with a dozen other things ... I've taken to carrying a little black book to note things as they happen, like running out of salad dressing for instance; becuz if I don't write it down, I have nothing to jog my memory. My mind is just too busy right now; I have to remind myself to do my bills this month and arrange for mail forward tomorrow too ~ lol!

We spent half our evening just changing the doors on our fridge so that they face the correct way to access it better from the stove and counters. Poor Dh couldn't remember and starting disassembling the whole doors, until I said 'Whoa, there! I think you just need to switch the handles and the hinges.' Turns out that was correct, as I found the manual for our fridge very easily (must have been brought last for a reason; thanks to from up above, I'm sure); and was able to double check very quickly ... phew, saved a disaster there ... Don't tell DH I told you about it, as he was tres, tres embarrassed about it ... lol!

We didn't bother buying any Halloween candy this year at all; as we have learned from the past that we can't stop eating it. Don't know what to do next year if a bunch of kiddies show up; will have to ask the neighbours what we should expect, as we are now in town.

You are right about the flu season coming up, but we already know several people with flus right now; so far so good, we have managed to stay well, and I am so grateful for that since we needed to be well to get through this move OK.

Take good care of yourself and do drop by now and then, becuz we love hearing from you and to know how you are doing. Your friend ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-06-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:54 PM   #17  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi all . . . . . . life has not slowed down today. Hopefully tomorrow. This is a very weirdly busy stretch for me.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:10 AM   #18  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ had another busy day; just stayed home today to try and get this place organized a little more. We finally found our dishes, so we can eat like civil folks ~ lol! Sure got my exercise in today, cleaning and sorting, and such.

HI MEOWEE ~ Friday is a busy day for many people; shopping and visiting and so forth. The sun came out for a while this afternoon and stayed until sunset; so nice to be able to see it from my kitchen window now. Later tonight, we had rain showers; but we don't mind that at all.

DH says we should have the place sorted out by Christmas ... I sure hope so as I don't even know where my Christmas decos are right now, but maybe he does.

HI to PURPLE and VAL ~ hope you both are having a great Friday night ...

Well, it's time to get to bed; as my poor feet and legs need a rest. Take good care ladies, your friend ROSEBUD
Old 11-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #19  
Onward and Downward

Another damp but mild day . . . hey, sure could be a lot worse.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:06 AM   #20  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi Ladies

A BIG THANKS FOR KEEPING THE THREAD GOING ONE AND ALL

I,m back like the proverbial bad penny There has been two reasons why I have not been on. Firstly my PC went sick on me and took a long time to put right. I kind of think a reformat may be in order in the next few months if programmes are starting to deteriorate like INTERNET explorer. Secondly I have been hit for six and not very well. Not sure what it was just some little virus that made me feel generally pretty unwell, no energy and ache all over. I still have the aching but energy levels are gradually returning.

Went last night to a bonfire party at a friends house. Such a shame for the kids that it pour it down with rain and blowing a gale. It would have been much nicer for them to watch the fireworks. The host had done so much work it was unreal. She has cooked curry, chili, rice, jacket potatoes. Mushy peas, mint sauce, coleslaw, sausages and beef burgers. She had even made a vegetarian option for one of the guests whom was vegetarian. I would imagine she had easy 20 to 30 guests. So you know how much food she had cooked.

ROSEBUD Glad you moved into your new home and are settling in. Finding muscles you never knew existed is part of the course as we do too much and lift things we would normally never touch with a barge pole.

You can guarantee that the doors to fridges and freezers are all the wrong way round on moving. The main thing is that the move went smoothly.

You talking of flu season. I had my flu jab on Tuesday so whether that knocked me for six I am not sure. Also DH was brave enough as he is eligible for it free in this country as he cares for me and I am immune compromised. Never thought he would have it as every year before he has thought of every excuse not to have it none of them very good I might add. The only reaction DH has had is the site which had the jab is red and slightly swollen so if you knock it by accident it hurts like crazy.

Tomorrow I am off to Wales to Swansea to a cinema to deliver bean bags. It is a very long journey which I am now not looking forward to. I am dreading it in actual fact. I don't normally feel that way about a trip but with feeling off colour not so enthusiast. Will make sandwiches well cobs later today ready to take with us. Then make coffee to take with us. I have a little cooked meat for our Rizzie to take with him to take the edge off his hunger.

MEOWEE I love to eat out but the nightmare is not knowing the calorie intake that you have just consumed. You try to choose not too bad choices but it is such a mine field. I must admit I am struggling at the minute not sure why. Just hungry a lot of the time yet I do not think it is really hunger just me grazing. I am being mindful of my weight though because I do not want to go back to what I was ever. So the same couple of pounds I lose and then gain

VAL
Well looks like we are riding in the same boat of reaching a plateau. I suppose it is excellent practice for maintenance. I have made myself this promise that there is a 5lb window of leeway which I must not go over. Though I seem to bounce around the same 2 or 3 pounds. If this is as far as I go on my weight loss journey so be it. Though I would like to loose another 14lbs and then reevaluate. I imagine my medication that I am on may be the cause of my predicament at the moment.

I am on high doses of anti convulsing drugs and one of the side effects it weight gain. I would love not to have the medication but the pain I suffer from my face is so great that it drives me to continue to take it. maybe in the future technology may progress for nerve pain and something else will do without the side effects of weight gain.

I am please though beyond belief at my weight loss. Last night at the bonfire party I was quizzed over it like I was some weight loss guru. Yes I have lost weight but you have to stick to a healthy eating programme for it to work. Though what works for me may not be the key to someone else's weight loss. My SIL wants to lose weight and is continually quizzing me. I have wrote it all down twice. Even giving this website for help. Though still she does not get it. So I think we are being invited for a meal. We all know this weight loss journey is hard work and it is a life style rather than a quick fix.

MONKEYBEAN Welcome to the thread nice to have you on board. It is really hard to adapt when you acquire a disability for what ever reason. I was my own worse enemy when it happened to me. I overate and all the wrong foods of course. It may not seem it you do come to terms with the "new" you. It just takes a while, some people adapt very quickly or others like me take a while. You have to go through the grieving process which may seem weird. Though you are grieving for the old you no longing being there that could do everything and then accepting the new you with all its limitations that may bring.

We all understand that here on this thread that exercise is limited or not just possible on certain days. That to me was so frustrating when others where saying they had done 5km walk or run when 0.5km was a marathon to me. I have learned not to beat myself up on the days that exercise is impossible as it is not achieving anything but to be proud when I can.

These are a lovely bunch of ladies on here who will support you though the ups and downs with your weight loss journey.

Time to run and put some dinner on. Take care ladies (PS not sure if I will make it on for a couple of days tomorrow in wales and Tuesday I am having my treatment.)

purpleorc
Old 11-09-2008, 03:15 PM   #21  
You can call me Chantili

S/C/G: 227/225/130

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone... thanks to all for your kind words. It is so nice to talk to others who understand the difficulties that I deal with. I don't feel like I have to explain why i do this or that... it is wonderful.

I had a hard past few days. I have been thinking long and hard about my choices, and I have to admit, although I don't have a weight loss ticker on my siggie yet, I kept thinking about it the other night when I was going through a weak moment. I was craving something sweet and kept walking into the pantry and looking at the brownie mix... but when I picked it up, I turned around and put it back because I kept thinking about that ticker...

And as much as I wanted them, I chose to make sugar free jello instead.

Yea... baby steps!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #22  
GO YELLOW TEAM!

S/C/G: 287/281/190

Height: 5'7

I guess I also fall into this category... I am 22, 287 pounds, 5'8. I had a very serious car accident almost 2 years ago, and broke both my legs. I can walk now, but have a nasty limping issue. I cannot run or walk long distances, which makes me very frustrated about not being able to exercise. I don't have a job, I graduated from college in june, and Im Flat broke. I live in Puerto Rico, a beautiful territory of the US, where the food is extreeemely good, and extreemely fattening. Anyone can suggest exercising ideas 4 me? Thnx! Cely
Old 11-09-2008, 11:36 PM   #23  
Rosebud

Well. we had ***SNOW*** during the night; seems GOD waited until we were finished moving just like I prayed. We are finally moved in here, now it is just sorting, tossing, repacking, donating, and shelving all our stuff.

MISS CELY ~ it is very easy to gain weight while in school; I know that I did, even though I tried to walk every day, so I kept it down some. I purposely would walk to school and back, only missing downpours (rainy days). Hope you find some kind of work soon; you gotta get out there and waive that diploma around ~ lol!

MONKEYBEAN ~ yes, in the beginning, you have to take baby steps; congrats on resisting those brownies ... that's a good start. I don't bake much anymore; the only thing, is healthy muffins mostly for DH, but I will have bran muffin now and then for tea. On special occasions, I will make him a pumpkin pie, but myself a crustless custard only. I am not perfect either, but we have changed many things.

HEY PURPLE ~ nice to hear from you; sorry that you came down with something, but glad you are somewhat better. Hope you have a pleasant trip to WALES, and a good therapy session on Tuesday as well. I have hit plateaus many times, but I am not giving up. Some theorize that the body wants to rest and so is resisting us a bit; so we just have to wait it out, but like you have always said, this is good practice for maintaining.

Maintaining is an important phase, esp if you don't want to gain all the weight back. Your 5 lb plans sounds good to me; I had just mentioned that to DH the other day. I haven't been able to walk much lately; am too sore and tired.

HI TO MEOWEE and VAL ~ don't worry too much; just keep on going, girl. You have done fabulously; and it sounds like you are getting lots of exercise in your busy new job.

Hope you all have a great evening; take good care, your friend ROSEBUD
Old 11-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #24  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

We finally have a bit of sunshine and the temperatures are still holding a little above normal.

Nothing too exciting for me lately -- getting behinder and behinder because I still haven't gotten back to those aprons. Today, I'm making another run to see if I can find a bobble-head-doll. Strange, there are just none to be found -- a few years ago they were a dime a dozen. My eldest son recently had a thyroidectomy and I think a little bobble-head would make such a terrific gag gift for someone who just had his throat cut on purpose.

Welcome to the group MISSCELY, and also . . . glad to have you joining us.

Have a great day everybody . . .
Old 11-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #25  
You can call me Chantili

S/C/G: 227/225/130

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. I have been very busy reading up on all kinds of things that teach me about successful permanent weight loss. I am certain that this struggle will be much harder given my physical ailments, but it IS possible and I am not going to quit!!

OK, off to do some more reading! lol
Old 11-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #26  

Default Have Faith hope and love

faith in yourself hope at the end and the love you diisplay to reach it.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:19 PM   #27  

Default Be Focused

Just like a baby. its hard at first. but just get up again. like vince lombardi says. its not on wheter you fall that you have to consentrate on its on wheter you get up again. sit down and add up little positive notes on your daily life.

Be focused
Old 11-10-2008, 03:22 PM   #28  

Default Remember

do a recap on any little positive points and times
Remember one above all
That your here another day
And its a new begining to start and begin
Carpedium Seize the day
Live everyday like its your last
Live life to its fullest
Old 11-11-2008, 02:07 AM   #29  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ well, we have ***SNOW***; it has decided to stay as the temps are staying cold, but there isn't a lot of it right now. We spent the day and part of the evening sorting more boxes, but I swear that DH spends more time moving boxes around than anything else ~ lol!

For me, that's a waste of time and energy; I like to just grab one and empty it, and move on to the next one. I really felt I get more accomplished that way; it's kinda the same with the BABY STEPS thing ... with each step, we are one step closer to achieving our goals.

BLAHBLAO183 ~ does your name have some kind of significance? It is very unusual! Glad you joined us, and thank you for your positive thoughts: I sure needed them today myself. We are drowning in boxes here and my DH wasn't in a good mood today. Think I'll send him on some errands tomorrow: that may give him a fresh perspective.

HI MONKEYBEAN ~ Hey, be sure to stop back in again and share with us whatever you find out; we all can use some fresh tips now and then.

HI MEOWEE ~ You have an interesting sense of humor ~ lol! I haven't seen one of those bobble heads in a while either; they were a novelty item for some time. Hope your DS is feeling better real soon ... ^prayers ascending^.

HI TO PURPLE and VAL ~ hope both you ladies are feeling well; have a great day tomorrow ...

Tomorrow, it's back to the chores again; if I can just get some more storage space in here; we would be away to the races. There are so many pluses to this place, but one or two small flaws: a shortage of plug-ins and indoor storage space, so I am getting a couple of cupboards, one to use as a pantry and one to use as a linen/storage cupboard.

We'll be at this a while, I think ~ lol! Take good care, my friends ~ ROSEBUD
Old 11-11-2008, 05:29 PM   #30  
Onward and Downward

Well . . . I've had to give up on the bobble head . . . at least I got my own hair cut. Thanks for the good wishes for my almost 47 year-old bouncing baby boy. Actually I talked to him just a few days after the surgery and he was already feeling better than he had in many long months; except for a bit of a sore throat.

It's definitely getting colder around here, but seasonal. Windy though, especially right around the time of the Remembrance Day services at the cenotaph. Still no snow though and we are supposed to be back to double digits (around 50F) by the weekend. Can't help but think we will be paying for this mild spell later on.

Have a good eveniunbg . . .
Closed Thread