Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 11:54 PM   #76  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI LADIES ~ we had milder temps today and of course, that means we had a snow day! Yah, it snowed and snowed and snowed; it a wonderful white winterland out there right now and the trees look so pretty. Only one neighbour is out there, energetic guy that he is ... cleaning off their vehicles and pushing snow ~ lol!

HI PURPLE ~ have sent up some prayers for CHRISSIE and her daughter; that must be tuff on her too, watching her mom as she is so sick. That could affect how she eats too. Some people eat when they are upset, down, or sick, but some people do the opposite; I have a couple of friends like that; rare though it may be.

Hope you had fun playing cards, even if you didn't win a prize; congrats to your DH on a good night. We don't eat pork a lot; maybe once a week or so; we haven't had roast ham for awhile. I looked for a nice shoulder ham this week and they didn't have any. Maybe closer to the Christmas holiday, they will get some in.

Tonight we had a meatless pasta dish and I also had a salad with mine. I'm trying to cut back a bit on the meat, but try to still eat healthy for both DH and myself. I did pick up a couple of lean round roasts of beef for only $1.99a pound this week: great deal; and the chops were the same price too.

HI MEOWEE ~ nice to see you; too bad you didn't get the aprons done, but I'm sure you'll find something nice. We went to a nice Christmas sale this week, and I picked up a nice handmade hat & mittens & scarf set for the winter to match my new brown parka. I had hoped to find some homemade knit socks, but they were already sold out; so hard to find these days.

HI VAL & NUMPSTER ~ hope both you ladies have a great Thursday ...

Take good care now, your friend ROSEBUD
Old 11-27-2008, 06:09 AM   #77  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

A HAPPY THANKSGIVING

purpleorc

Last edited by purpleorc; 11-27-2008 at 06:23 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:56 AM   #78  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

. . . What PURPLE ORC said . . . have a really great day . . .

I love knitting socks -- I feel so wonderfully busy with all those needles clicking around at the same time -- trouble is, I never get the second sock done. Have to convince myself (and all my family) that mismatched socks are the latest "in" thing.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:05 AM   #79  
MSer living healthy

Hi Ladies

I am back for a second time today was going out so just put the message for thanksgiving and ran

DH is going to the dentist very shortly but not very keen I am afraid. He wanted a bravery pill at lunchtime but had to settle with a mild pain killer which I gave to help with post treatment pain.

meowee
Shame you will not get the aprons done in time but there comes a point where you have to admit defeat.

I hope that it does not thaw too much and cause flooding. I know you are in a safe environment but it would be dreadful for others. It causes so much mess and heartache.

ROSEBUD
Thanks for the prays for Chrissie and her daughter. It transpires that Chrissie had a series of epileptic fits. So she now has to be tested to see if they are MS related or another reason. Same now she has lost her driving licence for a year now. She was reliant on her car for Independence as her mobility is even more impaired than my own. She is now at home with her family.

My luck changed last night at cards and I won 1st prize a couple of chicken breasts. My DH did no good so cards is a game of swings and round abouts that is what I love about it you never know what you might get.

We went out for lunch today It was not planned as such but a hiccups last night I forgot to take my medication for my night time until very late so hence I could not sleep until very late. To help DH said lets go out for lunch. I still managed to eat healthy. I had a jacket potato with salad and a chicken breast. It was really nice mind you I was hungry by this time and a scabby horse would have tasted good

bye for now

purpleorc

Last edited by purpleorc; 11-27-2008 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:47 PM   #80  
Rosebud

... I AGREE ... TO ALL OUR AMERICAN FRIENDS OUT THERE ...

We had a good day today; it snowed all through the night (gee, that sounds like a song ~lol) so the snowplows were here first thing the AM again. The man asked DH if he was paying, and DH said 'NO-WAY ... that's the landlord responsibility, not ours!' Nice try there pal! I mean, we didn't call ya, so why would we be paying ya too??? Our landlord may be praying that it stops snowing real soon.

DH went out and did some errands and had to buy himself a shovel to clear the doorways. I saw a sale in a CT flyer, so he got a real nice one for only ten bucks ... yeah! I spent a while today trying to sort out our bills and books for the new month; and had to make a few calls.

MY WEEKLY RANT ~ GEE WHIZ, who gave the GAS companies permission to hike the heating bills by 40% when we only get a 2% living increase every so many years??? Our first bill came and it is on a EPP (equal payment plan), but it is twice as much as we were told it would be. The nice lady said that they had added in the last installment of the increase of 25% on our bill for this year.

Well, we gotta have heat in CANADA, eh; or we'll all freeze to death! LOL! And, we all need hot water to bath and clean and such; so DH was whizzing around filling holes all over the place to try and help keep the bills down. We found some gaping holes around our back door, and another huge one under our dryer vent; plus I put up drapes in the big livingroom window, so we noticed a difference right away, as all these things were fixed. I even did some investigation to see how we could save money on the net. So, DH has a new hobby for the winter ... lol!

HEY PURPLE ~ good for you, winning at cards last night; and that's not a bad prize there. I'm so glad they have figured out what happened with CHRISSIE already and that she is back at home. Sorry she lost her wheels though; but hopefully they can get the seizures managed with meds for her soon.

Good for you eating so healthily at your lunch out today; we have found a place that you can order some healthier foods, but it does cost quite a bit more though, so it will have to be for special occasions mostly. We find that the market DELI has the best option of spit BBQ chicken for the best price; thank GOD for them.

That's tres funny, MEOWEE! your knitted socks don't get finished either, eh? You sound like me! That's why I like only quick & easy and very small projects; but these days, I'd rather just wait and buy them from those talented folks who know how to knit so well.

HI NUMPSTER & VAL ~ TGIF ... hope both you girls have a Fantabulous Friday!!!

Take good care ladies, your friend ROSEBUD
Old 11-27-2008, 10:00 PM   #81  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

just running by. hope all the best ladies
Old 11-28-2008, 01:22 PM   #82  
MSer living healthy

Hi Ladies

Tis a swift drop by not had anytime today as I have been watching medical documentaries most of the day in between doing the normal daily chores. This is because I do not have a huge amount of energy today it seems to have deserted me some how. Need to go and find this magical energy I bet I left it somewhere daft

Just got myself ready to go out to play cards at a small village called Gunthorpe. It has a lovely setting over the river Trent and look idyllic with all the boats moored up. Once upon a time it flooded regular this part of the river but some work was done so it has improved things somewhat.

I have read everyones lovely post so nice to catch up with the news. Hopefully I will have more time tomorrow to answer them if I am more energetic So bye for now ladies and take care

purpleorc
Old 11-28-2008, 11:42 PM   #83  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ it's a quick one for me too, as it's getting late. We went shopping and ran a few errands today: just picked up a few things that we forgot earlier in the week; plus a few small gifts ... we were trying to keep things simple this year, but DH just had to splurge and bought himself a mitre saw becuz it was on sale -- yah, huh-huh, huh-huh!

I had ordered some new boots for both DH and I; they arrived today, but both of them are way too small. Is it us or are they making shoes and boots for the 'little people' these days??? LOL! So we have to return them and try a bigger and wider size; if that doesn't work, we'll have to keep looking.

I did get some walking in today; glad to get some exercise any way I can. Tonight, we stayed in and watched a cute Christmas movie, and had some popcorn for a treat. Hope you all had a good Friday too.

HIYA PURPLE ~ hope you can find some energy over the weekend; and best wishes for your games tonight.

HI to MEOWEE and and NUMPSTER and VAL!!!

Take good care, your friend ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-28-2008 at 11:47 PM.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:18 PM   #84  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . .

I'm still in the land of the living and I'm finally finished with that little "job" so now I can get back to getting organized for Christmas -- wrapping and mailing are on the agenda for the coming week.

BTW, ROSEBUD, don't forget that our feet (and our ears) never stop growing. But, I do think you are right, manufacturers do seem to be cutting corners on sizing in some things.

Over all,my eating hasn't been too bad for November, but I will definitely be moving my ticker up a pound for the beginning of December (unless some miracle occurs in the next 24 hours). At least the blood sugar has been running at much better levels since I went back on insulin six weeks ago and I guess I'll just try to be content with that for now. I know that the chances of my weight going in the downward direction during the month of December is simply a figment of my overly vivid imagination. I just seem to lose all willpower this time of year.

Hope everybody has a great Saturday . . . see you all later . . .
Old 11-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #85  
Rosebud

HI LADIES ~ well, we decided to take those boots back and ordered some more; I ordered two sizes and Xtra-wide: the lady says to try them both and bring back the one(s) that don't fit. I told DH that if they don't fit, I may have to buy a pair of men's dress boots to get them wider.

That's another one of those traits (flaws) that we inherited in our family: wide feet and wide backs, weight problems and Santa bellies, a wicked sense of humor, and big, swelled heads! hehe! LOL! I'm sure NUMPSTER could attest to that too ...

HEY MEOWEE ~ I'm not surprised to hear that our feet keep growing; as I used to take a 7 regular, and now I take an 8 wide or is that Xtra-wide? A few years back, I bought a men's pair of runners and loved them because they have much more room in them and are my most comfortable pair, but they are starting to get warn out. I hope that I can find another pair like them next spring.

Gee, that's sad to hear that our ears keep growing; for some people that might not be so good! When we were kids, we used to tell NUMPSTER that if she told a lie that her nose would grow just like Pinnochio's ; apparently she believed us, although I did tell her once that it was just a joke. Weren't we naughty?

I understand what you mean about the month of December and being so hard to keep to plan. I can do really well with most of the meals; my problem seems to be snacking, esp on all that CHOCOLATE! I'll try to be good, and have some nuts and dark chocolate, but I will have one nutty-chocolate treat on Christmas Eve as that's a tradition in our family.

I have to admit that I am doing much better than in former years. We have cut way back ... I don't do mega-baking anymore. Actually, hardly any now; just bran muffins and maybe a pumpkin pie here or there, esp for DH as they both are his favorite; his favorite muffin is CHOCOLATE-BRAN MUFFINS.

HI to PURPLE and VAL and NUMPSTER ... hope all you ladies are having a well-rested weekend. I managed to get a little walking in today too; and we went a-hunting for all our Christmas decos and will start putting them up tomorrow. We usually have them all up by now, but our move delayed us a bit. Who knows, maybe we'll get them up in a few days.

Take good care, your friend and Sis ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-29-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:35 PM   #86  
Rosebud

WHOA, ladies ~ nobody's been here but myself since yesterday, so that means you are all feeling great and are so busy that you couldn't make it in here ... and that's a good thing, right Martha?

We had a quiet day today; just stayed home and played with our Christmas decorations. It took us half a day just to do and undo and redo the front deck; and tomorrow, we will tackle the lights, as we couldn't find the bulbs we wanted to put up. Wouldn't you know it, the very bulbs we want to use were packed last and we can't find them; found every other color but them, which is white. We have one far shed to search yet, so they must be in there. We put up our snowman family and candy canes; plus some big, red bows so far. It's catchy ya know, all down the street people were out putting up lights and decos; and put them on tonight for the first time.

We had a lovely roast chicken dinner with roasted veggies together; and I took a lesson from our PURPLE and made a jello-fruit dessert. I made raspberry and put in raspberries, orange pieces, banana slices, and some mixed fruit as well; gee, I have enuff to last for a few days for sure. I saved it and had it for a snack tonight ... very yummy! I did much better today by not snacking as much, so I am very happy about that.

And, I did manage to get a bit of walking in both yesterday and today; but I hope to increase it a bit more this month, esp with this being the holiday season. I am trying to offset any damage by increasing my exercise and walking this month to see if that helps me this year.

Well, it's that time of month again; the last day of the month, so I have started the new December's thread, which we will ask our resident monitor, MEOWEE to bless with a red sticky for us, and send thanks her way too!

So, I hope to see you all over there tomorrow; take good care, your friend ROSEBUD

Last edited by meowee; 12-01-2008 at 08:45 AM.
Closed Thread