Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 03:15 PM   #16  

Angry Good Day to everyone

Firstly Mima - have a safe trip home. I know you will be terribly excited and I don't blame you. Now you can devote your time to planning your wedding. It will be here before you know it.

The ICE stuff doesn't do a thing for me. I find better relief with BenGay Ultra Strength. I just hope the Blue Stuff works for Alley and Meme.

Hi Candice. I hope your arm is a lot better. I don't envy you this since I hurt my arm in the accident. It is still swollen around the joint and will just take time to go away. The muscles that lead from the elbow up to the biceps get so achy, I don't feel like picking up my arm at all.

Hi Alley and Meme - hope you gals are doing ok. Spring, with all the ups and downs in weather, is such a hard time of year for FMers, or anyone that suffers with chronic pain.

Now, I went to ww yesterday, and I lost 1.6 pounds. Seems to me I am stuck on that amount, or like last week .6 only. Oh well, I guess it will go when it is good and ready. I have lost inches and that is fine as well.

Have yourselves a nice day.
Old 03-14-2002, 06:42 PM   #17  

Default Hi

Happy- I think ,at times , that nothing helps the chronic pain we have. I tend to just wait it out. I refuse to get all drugged up. I have found that moist heat helps when nothing else will.
Mima.. I know you are a happy camper by the time you read this.
It must be wonderful to find true love when you are in your 60's. It makes you young at heart.
Hello Ally,meme,candice...Joanne
Old 03-14-2002, 07:17 PM   #18  

Leaving for N. Carolina tomorrow, will check in with you all when I get back next Wednes.
Hope all those carbs I have been sneaking don't all show up at once. I haven't tried on my dress in a while!!!
Old 03-14-2002, 08:30 PM   #19  

Default Ally

Have a wonderful time at the wedding, eat drink and whatever else you want to do, and don't worry about your diet. Enjoy yourself. I hope you are feeling better as well.
Old 03-15-2002, 05:11 AM   #20  

I am not sleeping well and I get so irritable..Dh has been sick for two weeks now with cold first then sore throat then ear infection and the antibiotics are not helping..I told him to tell the doc not me..he thinks I am his personnal nurse and I don't feel like taking care of him right now..such a baby!!!!!!!!! My son is sick too so I had to disinfect the house when he left!

We had my sons 22nd BD dinner and I am glad it is over..nice to see the boys but I'm glad they don't live here anymore..too much work! I had banked points I didn't use and I go out to eat today with friends so maybe they will get used then! The resturant I don't like very much..too much smoking in there and the food is not that good but my friend picked it and is paying I need to get some sleep!

My house smells like dog pee when it gets humid!!! Yuck I can't stand it....(from when our poodle was so sick way back in 96)(we had to put him to sleep back then) the dog we have now stays in the basement and I have to mop her room everyday cause she has a bladder problem too! Boy I hope when I am that old I don't dribble! It has not been a good week!

Old 03-15-2002, 12:05 PM   #21  

Default Hi

Home safe-not much sleep-hurt-one dozen red roses and a welcome home balloon. I gotta get rid of this guy!!NOT!!Bye til tomorrow. Mima
Old 03-16-2002, 11:18 AM   #22  

Default hi

My daughter reads my posts! Go away Suzanne-this site is for us older gals-sorry some of you. I just got home from Brad's. Getting things done there so I can invade. I keep leaving stuff so it won't be so noticeable. I saw my dress in a catalog and it's lime green. Glad I didn't order it. Gray and dreary here but buds on trees. Hope everyone is fine. Mima
Old 03-17-2002, 05:42 AM   #23  

Glad you are home safe Mima..........so your daughter knows your sex life now too!

It was good to see my friends but the food was not that great!

I had a grilled chicken breast with a sweet & sour sauce over rice and didn't eat all the rice and had a cup of veggie soup and salad bar(just lettuce and a few beets) oh and a glass of tomato juice..but I was still hungry when I left like I had eaten nothing! I counted the chick as 7 (not sure how many ounces but it was small and the rice as 3 and the soup as 1 so I had points to spare so I had a bowl of cereal (high fiber) when I got home later to fill me up. They had the fried catfish and it looked so good! I was afraid the fat would not agree with me since I am not used to it. I do not like eating out! My friend found a cracker wrapper in her soup!

DH still sick.............I'm kinda down and hurting right now..just a rough week!
Old 03-18-2002, 02:37 AM   #24  

Migraine tonight...and all day long! Middle TN is under water. We are in a flood watch the rest of the night and it is supposed to rain some more tomorrow and Tuesday Morning. Some people have been run out of their houses by water. One person, a teenager, drowned trying to push a car over a flooded bridge. There are cars stranded everywhere and flooded homes and basements. That's all that's on the news...people standing out on their porches with water up to the doors and flooded roads and cars. We are lucky...we built on high ground. Water has run in at our basement door and garage but it hasn't invaded the rest of the basement yet. I put some huge beach towels down at the basement door...hopefully they will get most of it. The carpet at the bottom of the stairs is already wet.

I'm hurting big time and have gained 7 pounds. You should see how bad I'm swollen. I took a DosePak a week ago and that made me so hungry and I ate too much then plus I'm sooooo swollen now...discouraging! And I'm going to Michigan Friday, too. I was really hoping to LOSE weight before we went, not gain it!

Candice...sorry you are so down. I know what you mean about being glad the BD party is over. My daughter had Jenna's here yesterday...she was 3 today...and I had to clean all day then have everybody here for the party...it is just too much work...especially when I feel so bad! Hope you are feeling better!

Mima...you are so lucky...enjoy your bliss.......I'm sooooo happy for you! YOU GO GIRL! (I wouldn't like it if my daughter read our message board!!!) There are things I need to let off steam about but I wouldn't hurt my kids feelings for anything in the world!!!!!!! For all I talk about them....I do love my family!

I made some of those ricekrispy, choc, peanutbutter, coolwhip thingies and they are soooooo good!!! We just love them!

Hi to everybody else...my head is hurting so bad, I'm going to go take a pill and see if I can sleep...I probably won't be able to...took a 3 hr. nap today!

Last edited by MemeToo; 03-18-2002 at 02:41 AM.
Old 03-18-2002, 06:52 PM   #25  

Default Hi

Candice- I hope you are doing good by now and that your hubby is better and back to work..
Meme- We are getting on the news here in Florida about the flooding in your area . You can send us some of that rain whenever you get tired of it. Hope your headaches are all better.You are probably full of fluid. Hope you feel better soon.
Happy - How are you..
Mima- you are sounding really busy. Injoy yourself.
I went and bought a couple pieces of material to make myself a couple more dresses. This should take care of me for awhile. I see a lot of ladies wearing pants to church. I just have never been able to. I guess ,I think my G/mother would rise from the dead and give me a piece of her mind. Some stigma I can't get rid of,I guess.I have picked up a couple pounds so I am trying to watch myself more. I walk almost every day. My daughter says she has some exercise tapes for me so I can do those also. Everyone is trying to help me stay on tract. They know how fast I can gain weight.
Bye...Joanne :sheep:
Old 03-19-2002, 12:40 AM   #26  

PAIN..PAIN..PAIN....... Oh my gosh I have not had this kind of pain in a very long time!!!! I even walked today and did some cleaning...My legs and arms are just not working right and so much pain in the muscles..stretching even hurts instead of feeling better.....Hope I don't have too many more of these days.....can't hardly stand it and I can't concentrate when I hurt so bad!
Brain dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2002, 09:24 AM   #27  

Default Hey

Candice- I hope you are better soon.. I know what you mean about the pain. My rt.shoulder and arm have been giving me fits. The Dr.said he would inject it,but, I just hate going to the Dr. I keep putting it off hoping it will just go away. I hate that stuff injected into me anyway..It makes me sick for days after.
Hello Everybody...I hope you are well...I am really rushed today..See you later.Joanne
Old 03-19-2002, 10:28 AM   #28  

Default Hello

hi guys-thanks for the well wishes. I have been in my new home organizing and throwing things away and packing other things up. we have a mouse problem in the kitchen. tjis morning we were greeted by 2 dead ones in the trap. Home for a couple of days. Can't remember if i shut off the coffee pot but brad will be there tonight. He is still such a wonderful person even if he did accumulate stuff in the last 5 years. But I'm getting there. Ans when it's done!!!!Happy happy.It's been snowing here and more tomorrow .Getting my blood test tomorrow am. Mima
Old 03-21-2002, 01:52 AM   #29  

One more day and then I'm headed for Michigan. I got my gold shot today so I'll be really tired by the weekend...oh joy! I'm hoping the rain is over for a few days. I'm so swollen I had to go buy a new pair of blue shoes today because all I have (out of over 50 pairs of shoes) is 1 pair of black heels and a really old pair of scuffed up loafers. I had to get a half size larger than what I normally wear!!! I bought a really great purse, too. It has 3 large compartments plus a zip compartment in the front that has a removable wallet. You can just unzip it, leave it in, and get to all your credit cards, money, check book etc. or you can take the whole thing out, zip it up and carry it alone. It even has a place for my cell phone in the side and an open pocket on the side for receipts and lists when you're shopping plus a little zipper pocket for your keys! Now, if I can just get used to where everything is!!! I hate breaking in new shoes and a new purse...now I'll have to do both at the same time.

Candice, I hope you are feeling better. I have been hurting really bad, too. A lot of it is the weather. It has been raining here for days...middle TN was practically under water for 3 days...the last count I heard, 9 have died due to the rain! I always hurt worse this time of year. Maybe we'll get straightened out by Summer!

Ross has his first Dr. appointment tomorrow morning. Pray that she'll be able to help him! I'm so afraid they will want to put him in a hospital or something and observe him. I will just die if that happens. Poor little guy is so afraid of so many things. He'd be terrified!

I just signed on with Earthlink again (for my laptop) so I'll be able to get online in Michigan. Talk to you all again from there!

CHOW
Old 03-21-2002, 02:18 AM   #30  

P.S. Hey Ally, I found a site you need to check out. You can type in an age range of the men you'd like to see, then your area code and they'll show you pictures and profiles of men that match your area and age!!!

http://www.match.com/

Check it out!
Closed Thread