Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 09:01 PM   #91  

Joanne, glad to hear you had fun at the wedding! I did too! A few country music songs, but lots of Beatles!!! My brother's favorite!!

They also played lots of music from the 70's and 80's! I loved it!!!! I drug my nephews (15 and 16) out on the dance floor. I needed a shower when I returned to the hotel.

We were partway there, and Bob said he needed to come home because he felt sick. So I brought him back, and I went on without him. I knew Tim would be home over the weekend.

I honestly think that Bob was nervous because he might get sick, and I think that made him sick. does that make sense?? I talked to Tim a couple times over the weekend, and he said Bob seemed to be fine. I think he needs to see a counselor, but he doesn't think so.

I had both classes this morning. Last Friday at the first class we weighed (still the same) and she also checked our body fat to compare to when we started. Mine stayed exactly the same! I was upset. She knows how hard I have worked in the class, and even she can see a change in me. She thinks that maybe the machine wasn't working right. Well today I talked to some of the others in the class, and out of all of us there this morning, only 1 person went down in body fat. A couple women even went up! There has to be something wrong with the machine.

The dress I wore to the rehearsal dinner was interesting. The waist was supposed to be AT my waist. It was a few inches below, so it looked really ducky. I didn't have anything else to wear, so I wore it. It was sure alot longer than when I first bought it a couple months ago!! lol The dress for the wedding was longer too, but it didn't have a waist like the other one.

Mima, I need to go to the eye doctor sometime.

Hello to everyone!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 05:48 AM   #92  

Well, Tammy it probably would have been difficult for Bob all weekend and you wouldn't have had as much fun-although you were concerned all the time.
That's weird about the machine to measure fat,
No more doctor visits this week. We are officially on Medicare and Medex. Our insurance went up $200 -it's up to almost $600. But the prescription coverage is worth it. They don't make any money on me.
I talked to Jessica-her baby has to have early intervention because he's not sitting up by himself-he is doing everything else. I told her she wasn't a bad mother. She tries so hard.
Bye for now-Mima
Old 07-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #93  

Default Hey There

Tammy- You have probably lost inches instead of weight. That could be why your dress didn't like you wanted..Bob was probably afraid he would get sick and upset the wedding. Now Louie has at times said he was sick/didn't feel good to keep from going somewhere. But, He didn't want me to go either..
Glad you had a good time. There was no dancing at my G/sons wedding. The brides mother was/is fueding with the father and refused to allow dancing so he couldn't have a father /daughter dance..He gave her away and the mother wanted the step father to do it.. Sometimes adults are worse than children..Too Bad..Funny thing, the father paid for most of the wedding and she controlled everything..
Mima- We don't have to pay anything for insurence.. The hubbys retirement takes care of that.. All we pay is copays.
I made the mistake of going to the eye doctor by myself once.. Even with the sun glasses it is a wonder I got home in one piece.. Traffic is awful here.
Yes Happy ,Christie keeps me busy..
Hello Meme, Candice...
Joanne
Old 07-01-2008, 09:20 PM   #94  

Mima, I know it would have been hard for him. We did decide to stay all weekend so he would have the room to go back to if he needed. That huge room was pretty big for just me all weekend. I'll be glad when Bob can go on Medicare. That will help with our payments. About the time he goes on that, Tim will be out on his own a few months later, so that will be like a pay raise!!

Joanne, I really think that Bob needs to go talk to someone, a counselor of some kind. Still haven't convinced him though. It's really too bad we couldn't have gotten together and boogied on a dance floor. lol That is really too bad that had to happen at that reception. I hope I'm not a controlling person like that when Tim gets married.

I too have done the eye doctor thing alone before. Never again!

Bob goes for ultrasound of liver and gall bladder in the morning. His BP is way down again. Upper legs are swollen tonight.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:22 AM   #95  

Hello...well I put my neck out of wack doing windows so I had to take a week off to recoop...son worked on me. MIL passed away this week so another week gone.......

Mima....what stuff do you have to clean the whirlpool tub????? YOu should have someone help you clean, is Brad a good helper?

Tammy....Oh how awful for you and Bob...I'm sorry to hear that. Hope he can improve without getting to the stage of transplant. Sounds like he is trying to get better...it must be really hard on you.....will keep you in my prayers.

Joanne....Rub Hubby's nose in it!!!!!!!!! Our pup will barf every now and then and I can't hardley get it out of the carpet at the old house. He is very good about going out to his business too. He also demands attention if he is not getting it!!!!!!!!!

Happy.....we all need a Hans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He has you spoiled. You need to make a trip down here and get me moved! Had meeting with shelf people today for the garage and closets, always something to be done. I am plain tuckered out with all this.............me ~oh ~my

Meme..where are you?
Old 07-02-2008, 06:11 AM   #96  

Good morning-I sure hope bob gets something to strengthen him.
We were supposed to go to lunch for gf's bd but the other friend has flying black ants and has to wait for the exterminator.
Got papers to work at the end of the month. i am bored-have plenty I COULD do but don't/ There are things I want to do but can't.
I think I used KAboom-but I need to replace the shine!!
Last year, I had Vacation Bible School but no one volunteered to head it up-so I don't have that going on. I could easily get into someones's business-haha.
Boy, buliding a house is unbeleivable!!!
Candace, is that the son who was in medical school?
Bye Mima
Old 07-02-2008, 10:12 AM   #97  

Default Hey There

Tammy- Just a thought... Have your /Bobs doctor talk to him or make a suggestion for someone to come to the house and talk to him. Also ,I think you could call up AA and tell them your problem and maybe they will suggest someone to visit him..If they come to your house he may accept it.. Men are hard..
Mima-I think we all get bored in the summer or maybe we are just getting to the age we want to do less. I have tons of things I can do but they seem to slip by.
Candice - rubbing his nose in it doesn't work. Christie has been pretty good about going out to do her business except the week she wasn't doing so well. Something got her sick. She got a big grasshopper in her mouth and I think that might have done it..
Hello Happy and Meme..
Joanne
Old 07-02-2008, 09:02 PM   #98  

Candice, thanks for keeping us in prayers. Sorry to hear about your MIL.

Joanne, Bob is so stubborn! I really don't think he would be receptive to someone coming to the house. When I was at the doctor today, he asked about Bob. I told him a little bit of what has been going on. He said he thinks it's time for Bob to get back in for a chat. When I got home, Bob mentioned that he wants to give the doctor a call and go in and talk to him!!

AT the doctor today, I voiced my concerns about not losing anything since I started all of the exercising and calorie counting in April. He told me to stick with it because sometimes when you start exercising like this and haven't been, you are building muscles and things are changing with your body. I do know that!! AND he told me not to even think about lowering my calories below 1600. he said for my size, age, and the activity that I am getting in, that is plenty low enough and I will start seeing changes on the scales if I stick with it. He is having me get some bloodwork done next week, and he is checking my thyroid. This was my first time at this doctor, and I really liked him. I have been to his office with my husband several times, and he did mention that he could tell that I have been exercising!!
Old 07-03-2008, 03:28 AM   #99  

Tammy...your new doc sounds nice...unlike mine! I prefer women docs, they seem to understand more. Hope Bob goes in to see him. Yes men are very stubborn, especially when it comes to talking to someone. You both need to go to a support group if they have one on his illness, I think it would really help for support.

Joanne...a big grasshopper..yuck.........my sister's dog eats rocks!

Mima.....If your board go for a stroll are you building?

I'm here for another night, shelf people coming again. Need some rest so I can be nice and not crabby

Hello Happy and Meme
Old 07-03-2008, 06:51 AM   #100  

I like to be involved in projects and one of them is NOT building!!!The kids are coming on Sat so that will keep me busy.
Jim is in Kuwait and he has AC in his tent although he said it doesn't work well. Suzanne may stay over tomorrow night-and bring her dog Lucy. That should be interesting.
Angela and Brett are coming-there's been something going on with them and us but it may be getting resolved. It needs parayers.
Remind me that the reason that Brad and I go shopping together is that I can't push the carriage. I decided that we each should take a cart-ouch today.
Ok-we are missing Meme. Hi if you are there.
Went to lunch yesterday-waiting for Sandy-called her on her cell-she forgot to come. But she was there in no time. And we had a nice time. Mima
Very good that Bob wants to talk to doc-maybe he will suggest AA. When someone gives up drinking, they have to go through some kind of withdrawal.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #101  

Just a short note. Last night Bob wasn't feeling well. It was about 9:00. He went into the bathroom, called me, and he started vomiting blood again. I gave him an option. Either I take him to the ER or the squad does. He chose the squad. He was taken to Greenville (local hospital), and maybe an hour or so later was transferred to Good Samaritan in Dayton. Tim and I got home at 4:00. The hospital (ICU) called at 6:30. He had done well after we left up until a short while before the nurse called, and he started vomiting blood again. The doctor was in with him at the time. Not sure if it was Dr. Weprin or someone else in that group of doctors. I need to jump in the shower, and then Tim and I are headed for Dayton. I think we have another long day ahead of us.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #102  

Oh Tammy so sorry about Bob..HUGs........Hope they can help him and you need to get some rest too. I'ts good he went to the Hospital for help.

I am headed home so no internet for a few days....got carpet ordered!

HAPPY 4TH
Old 07-03-2008, 04:41 PM   #103  

Mima..carts are hard for me to push too, my son did it yesterday..so that was nice!
Old 07-04-2008, 06:34 AM   #104  

Oh Tammy-prayers for all of you. Sure hope things get better.
Candice-you will need some rest too. How far away is the new house?
We are supposed to go to a church picnic today but it doesn't look good. I am going to bake a cake and put cool whip and strawberries on it.
This morning, I have to go downstairs and clean some black mold from all the humidity we are having. Brad is almost done with the Ac-it sure needs it. He says it's all over the cabinets-but I have some Tilex. and old clothes and face masks.
Suzanne is coming with her dog today. And I found a crib on Craig's list for the new baby. Cribs are sky high now.
Bye Mima
Old 07-04-2008, 10:00 AM   #105  

Default Hey There

Tammy- I sure hope things get better.. Prayers are coming your way. Bob is in Gods hands.. He will take care of him.. Get as much rest as you can..
Mima- Mold is bad stuff. Try not to breath it..
Hello All- Today is the 4th and will just be another day for Louie and I.. I will make a steak for us for supper..
I hope everyone has a Great and safe day.
Joanne
Closed Thread