Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2001, 07:40 AM   #1  

Angry Diabetes #12

Hi everyone,

This last thread was getting a little long, so again, I hope nobody minds that I started a new thread. I'm not sure if I should be the one to start it since I have not been posting much lately.

I got out my old selection plan information and was "OP" for two days, Monday and Tuesday. But Wednesday came and I had to have a surgical procedure (colposcopy) and I was stressed out so I blew it. But, I am learning sooo much form have diabetes. I KNOW it is so important to take care of my sugar levels, they can affect so many things. I had some complications from the surgery and kind of attribute it to diabetes.

Anyway, just wanted to drop in a say and I will try to post more frequently. Just like I'm trying to test more frequently. I did good last week, tested 4 out of 6 days! Levels are still high, but I do feel more in control when I test daily!

Have a great day!

Michelle

PS, was thinking about posting a poll on this thread. Any objections?
Old 10-10-2001, 08:14 PM   #2  

I dont have onset diabetes. I am currently working with a doctor to make sure my 'syndrome X' as they like to call it. High insulin production, and low absorbtion rate into the cells.

Would you mind if I were to hang around and share and get info from you gals? I want to get a group that deals with this stuff on a daily basis, so I can have someone to learn from and lean on.

It's been a big change in my diet after I learned I could easily get diabetes. As well as my weight starting to decrees. My weight has not changed, but my lean muscles and fat has gone in the good directions, plus I dropped 24 to 18 after they started me on Ultra CLA and UltraGlycemX (spelling bad)

So, may I join in the talk?
STeffi
Old 10-11-2001, 02:04 PM   #3  
Darts Diva

Hi Luz and Steffi - Haven't been here in a while, I've been over in Dotti's Weight Loss Zone, posting on the diabetes board. It's pretty neat if you ever want to look.

My BS has been pretty steady over the past few months - almost always in the 80's or 90's - once in a great while will get up to low 110's. I'm still exercising and/or walking on an almost daily basis. The only day I don't do any "formal" exercise is Saturday and that's clean the house, do the laundry day so I'm still moving! Haha!

My last A1c was 6.1. Things are going good except I'm still having high BP. I'm on 4 different meds for that now - I swear I rattle when I walk from all the pills I'm taking! I think my endo makes my BP go up - when I check it at the store it's always normal. He stresses me out, but he's the only endo I can see on my insurance....oh well.

My eating habits are off and on - some days good, some days bad. I really need to join WW or something to get this last 50 pounds off. I'm still losing, but very slowly. Christmas is coming and I want to look good!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Barbi
Closed Thread