Old 11-23-2006, 04:55 PM   #76  

Happy thanksgiving everyone.. today i am thankful for family and friends how about you?(((((((((hugs))))))))))) rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:07 PM   #77  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all you SOUTHERNERS (anyone on the lower side of the Canadian/US border, counts as a Southerner in my book) and, of course, to you, too, ROSEY . . . guess you are a 'northern' southerner??

Even though it is not our 'turkey-day', I'm thankful for a couple of special, although not necessarily pleasant, things today . . .

. . . first of all, my endomitrial biopsy yesterday afternoon, although extremely painful (apparently it's one of those procedures that "becomes progressively more difficult the longer you are after menopause" - to quote the GYN - which translates to "the older you are the more it hurts") resulted in a clean bill of health. Still have to have an ultra-sound to check the ovaries and the earliest appointment I could get is for January 8, but so far, so good.

. . . and secondly, after lengthy discussions with friends and the vet, I took my little orange cat, Goldi, for her 'last' vet appointment this morning. She's been having a string of problems for the last couple of months and no amount of medical attention has alleviated her situation, so now she has gone to a better (and less painful) place; but it is still hard to do, even when you know it is for the best.

Needless to say, I've been over-indulging in comfort food for the past 24 hours. My blood sugar reflects it already and the scale- will probably notice by this time next week. Hopefully, I'll have my act back together tomorrow.

Well, that's enough of my blathering for today. Keep on moving and shaking, gang, and you'll soon wear off that turkey and trimmings. See you again, soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 09:04 PM   #78  

This is the LAST time I am going to fix turkey! Since I got food poisoning from it when I was in high school 35 years ago, I have NOT liked it...and every few years, I honestly TRY to be traditional...bleh! The ham, on the other hand, was fabulous. I think I did well...my bg after dinner was 110! I even got a walk in.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the 'southern' buddies...

It has gotten quiet around here...I am probably going to get ready for bed in just a bit. I am pretty tired. I think I need to call the doctor and get them to move up my blood work. They reduced my thyroid meds way too much, and it is beginning to take its toll on me. I can't see how I can make it through Christmas this tired.

MEOWEE: Oh, I am SO sorry about your Goldi. We recently lost one of our kitties...she was hit by a car...and I know how painful it can be. I am glad you got some good news from the endometrial biopsy. I hope the rest of the tests are all good too.

ROSEY: Today, I am thankful for many things...but I think my new little grandson tops the list. What a joy to be a grandparent! He is just SO cute!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 11:40 AM   #79  
Onward and Downward

Wow . . . everybody must be out doing the day-after-Thanksgiving 'mall-crawl'. Have a great day; get lots of bargains; and remember that shopping counts as exercise.

See you soon, gang.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:06 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 228/188/150

Height: 5'8"

Well I made it through the dinner unscathed. I maxed out at 1200 calories and my BG was only 88 in the morning. Today's was 92...I guess I did ok.

Hope you all had a great holiday.
vikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 01:43 PM   #81  
Onward and Downward

OK ??? -- Girl you did absolutely GREAT!!

Hope everybody else is doing fine, also. See you soon, gang.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:48 PM   #82  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Hello all ! it's been a while since I was here,,all the stuff getting ready for thanksgiving and family,,my 3year old grandson came to visit for 3 days and that was a real treat,,,they live 12 hours away so I don't get to spend much time with him,,it's been 2 months since I have seen him and he has grown so much in that short of time,,,

I am feeling down,,did terrible over the holiday,,,ate like there wasn't going to be any thing left the next day ,,,then did it again,,,my body feels like crap and I am feeling down with all that sugar in my body that shouldn't be there,,,am back on track today,,,I just hate the way it makes you feel and wish I could remember that before I do it,,,feel like a big whinner,,,

Meowee,,,SO sorry about your cat,,,I know how you feel they are part of our family and lives,,,,I have 4 out side dogs that I love,,,lost my rot in may she was 12 and my best friend ever went every where with me,,,and I have 2 house cat that are so special,,,my heart goes out to you,,,

It is snowing very lightly,,,but trying hard to snow hard,,,think i will put up some christmas stuff and see if it doesn't lift my spirts some,,,

Take care hi to all that I missed,,,and hope everyones thanksgiving was fabulous,,,,take care,,,Jeanne
Jeanne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 09:41 PM   #83  

I have spent the day painting in the bathroom. It is almost finished. I had wanted to get it done by the time I went to bed, and it is close, but I am just too pooped to do the last bit. Also, because the color is dark, it is going to need a second coat. Oh joy! So tomorrow, I will paint the rest of the walls, and then put on a second coat. Then hopefully I can get my hubby to hang the new medicine cabinet, and light fixture. With some spiffy colored towels and a good cleaning, it is going to be gorgeous in there. The color is a very strong mulberry pink...think dark, but not 'hot'. I am going to be able to use sage, cobalt blue, white, cream, even black in there...so to change the look, it will be as easy as changing the towels. Next room to tackle will be my bedroom...which I am NOT looking forward to. The laundry room has to be completely rebuilt too. (we had to replumb the house and ALL the pipes go through the laundry room, so the walls are pretty much obliterated!)

Bg has been so so today. I slept really well though. I am not sure why...

JEANNE: Good to see you. Don't beat yourself up about eating too much. Thanksgiving is a holiday that encourages that, so it is very hard NOT to! Just get back on track, and you will feel bunches better... Now, a light snow fall would help put ME in a holiday mood! Enjoy!

Off to get ready for bed! Later!
Old 11-27-2006, 09:08 AM   #84  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . . Thanks for all the good thoughts about Goldi . . . it's really amazing how much quieter it seems with only two cats around the house . . . strange.

JEANNE . . . I know how you feel . . . but just try to put it behind you and get things back on track. We all have these little meltdowns from time to time.

MONET . . . Sounds like a really sexy new look for the bathroom. Good luck tackling the bedroom next.

Well, kiddos . . . I want to get out and get at some more Christmas shopping while the sun is actually shining for a change . . . wonder why at this time of year you only seem to get sun on a really cold day . . . if the temperature is a little milder, you can almost bet that it's raining.

Keep up the good moving and shaking routines, gang, and I'll see you all again really soon.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:11 PM   #85  
Mommy of Skye and Sam!

S/C/G: 203/188.5/160

Height: 6'0"

Hi all!

Just a quick check in! When I get some pics back I will post them, until then, I'm just waitin... I've eaten horribly for the last three weeks, today I'm back on track.. My BGs are to cringe at!

Hugs to all!
Josian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:32 PM   #86  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Hey you all thanks for all the kind words,,,my bs was 125 this morning,,,but still feel kinda icky,,,it will get better like you said,,,i work all week starting on tuesday,,,so that will help me,,,I always do better at work for some reason,,,

One of my sons is a driller and he came home last night and i loaded him up with all the pies and sweats that were left,,,him and his helper will have lots to eat today,,,I just wanted to get it out of here,,lol,,,

I hope everone has a great day,,,it is snowing like crazy here,,,snowed all night to,,,but really windy and cold,,,not liking that part,,,ha,,take care and thanks again for always being here when I need a friend and get down,,,Jeanne
Jeanne88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:35 PM   #87  

Morning everyone..its warmed up here and snowing..looks like christmas outside..we had the best thanksgiving..i always have fun with my girls and grkids.. we ate 2 /18# turkeys and all the trimmings..but i didnt cook after the big turkey day as we had lots left over..except for the pie i did really well on my choices and sl stayed fairly lo 104-122..they all left yesterday and my house was so quiet..now to prepair for christmas have a great day everyone((((((((hugs))))))))) rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:15 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 228/188/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! Morning BG was 96. All seems to be in control. I did my weigh in for November (another group) and I am down 8.5 pounds for November for a 4.187% total body weight loss.

Jeanne, I am so sorry you have been feeling down and icky! But glad you had some face time and hugs with the grandson. With all the stress of holidays, don't forget to leave some "me time" in the schedule. Be kind to yourself, you deserve it.

Meowee, I too am sorry to hear of your kitty's passing. I am such an animal lover (2 golden retrievers). So glad you are here/back.

Josian, I can understand the upset plan for eating with all you have had on your "life plate" what with a little thing like getting married etc. What's a girl to do...certainly one must celebrate. But now is the time to get back into control. Just remember that you deserve to be in control as well. When you are in control, you will have yet one more thing to celebrate!

Monet, come do my house! I am terrible at home interiors! I really envy those that can put a look together.

Rosey, sounds like you are doing marvelously! We are still waiting for snow to come. Temps are dropping as we speak with a frigid cold front on its way. Soon...all too soon.

Last edited by vikia; 11-27-2006 at 02:38 PM.
vikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:24 PM   #89  

Cool

Hi, all. I tried a couple of times last week to get onto the site but it wouldn't let me on. Sounds like you all had a good Thanksgiving. I was glad to get 4 days off in a row and enjoyed it, despite my landlord's turning off the water Wednesday and Friday! Had fish instead of turkey but pigged out on all sorts of stuff and am afraid to weigh in. My bsls have been better since I've been back on Actos. Have decided to drop the gym. The rates went up and I'm not seeing any results, even though until the last two weeks I'd been going faithfully. Walking is really the best exercise for me -- and it's free.
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:34 PM   #90  

Hey everyone! I finished the painting today. Tomorrow night my hubby will install the new light fixture, and the medicine cabinet. He finished the new faucet on the sink tonight, so we can use it again! Yay! I had a dentist appointment today...oh joy! At least I like the dentist. He is a young man from my church, and a lot of fun! I went by the ceramic supply place on my way to the dentist, and got some glossy black glaze to use on some of my pots. Thursday can't come soon enough! I really missed working last week!

I weighed in this morning for the Sugarbusters forum...and was really depressed. Even though my eating was really pretty good, and my bg levels were great over Thanksgiving, my weight was up 7 pounds. I am sure this is due to the change in my thyroid meds. I want to cry! It is SO hard for me to lose and that is like two months worth of struggle to lose, gained in two weeks, with NO effort at all! In addition, I have the brain fog again, dry skin and constant tiredness. Gosh, I hate doctors sometimes. And he wants me to wait until January to be rechecked. I don't think so! If the weight won't budge, even with Byetta, eating right and exercise, something is wrong. And if he won't fix it, I guess I will try and find a doctor who will. I am just not looking forward to it. Seems they are all the same these days...

Ok, off the End of rant...

Thanks for listening though...its nice to be able to vent.

I just finished my Sleepytime tea, so I think I will go get ready for bed, and head that way! Night!