Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2023, 01:35 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Trish, for some reason my dog has been very attached to me since we got him but DH is the one who feeds him, pets him, takes him outside. It took a while for the dog to like DH. He likes step daughter, too. Maybe he prefers women. He follows me wherever I go, even to the bathroom!

I finally got on the scale today and I am up to 169. I'm not happy about that but I'm not surprised. I'm eating a lot of carbs in the form of bread. Yesterday we had pizza and the day before we had deli sandwiches. We have not gone out to eat at all. That tells me I control my weight better eating in restaurants. I usually order meat and vegetables. I am so hungry for pork but I keep forgetting to defrost my pork roast. I dont go downstairs so DH will get it out of the freezer so I can cook it on the weekend. Today we will probably go to Rodneys. I will have to look online at their menu to see what to order.

I don't know if I still have congestive heart failure. I don't think I will know for sure until I talk to the doctor in December. I dont know if the new heart valve changed that. I am trying to watch my sodium but I'm sure the pizza had sodium. It was from a pizza shop. I wanted rotisserie chicken but I let DH get pizza since he has been so good taking care of me and helping at home. I will buy a whole chicken and cook my own. I know the rotisserie chickens have sodium injected.

I am not drinking as much water as I used to. I think the water flushes out toxins even though they tell me to limit fluids. I want to discuss that with the doctor, too. I don't understand limiting fluids because the water pill draws out excess fluids. I want to understand why I'm to do things.

I had scrambled eggs,toast and hash browns for breakfast/brunch. DH cooks hash brown squares like McDonalds. I ate half of one. All he ate was hash browns. He eats lunch too, but I don't. If I eat lunch I won't be hungry for dinner.

I hope you get to see the new babies. But I think you will see them grow up because I don't think you are going anywhere for a while. We both have years to come.

We have no new babies. Our youngest is in first grade. I want to see grandson graduate high school in 3 years. I also want to regain my strength so I can navigate my stairs for years to come and walk alone in stores. And I want to start driving again.

When I was in the hospital I never rang for the nurse. The aids were always coming in for something. If no one was there DH would help me. I had a bedside potty chair if I needed it. I didn't like the potty chair but they were tracking and measuring my urine output because of the CHF. Thats why I wonder if I still have it and no one is checking anything. If I don't drink water I don't pee much even with 2 water pills per day. They don't know that. I used to drink a lot and pee a lot before this started. What changed?

I hope your day continues to go well. and mine too!

Old 10-27-2023, 06:36 PM   #242  

We both had fish at Rodneys and brought home the leftovers. We went to Aldi's but their chickens were $1.99/lb so we went to Wal-Mart and they were $1.39. I also got chicken livers. I will cook the chicken tomorrow and the pork roast on Sunday. I used to get chicken at Aldi for 99 cents per pound. Not any more!
Old 10-27-2023, 08:32 PM   #243  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi gang: I have had a very bad day for pain. I forgot to take anything this morning before I went for my mani-pedi, and that was a big mistake. By noon I was in agony and could not get a handle on it for most of the day. Finally had a couple of hours of relief between 6-8 and now it's getting worse again. Lesson learned, I need these meds. I have been grumpy, but DH has also been rather difficult. He still can't park my vehicle properly and his night vision is getting worse as the cataract gets worse.
I am considering doing an Uber or something on Sunday when we go to DD for supper. It was torture tonight, but between my pain and my high dose of CBD oil and some codeine with my Tylenol, I didn't think I should drive.
He was always an excellent driver, but he seems less so these days. He is also easily frustrated, not just driving, but in general. On the other hand, he was really helpful today with me since I didn't feel good and couldn't move much. I hope a good sleep will help him reset.

You are both doing well with weight, and I still am not. I plan to fast again tomorrow.
have a good weekend friends.
Old 10-27-2023, 08:46 PM   #244  

Mad, I am sorry to hear you are in so much pain. Maybe its time for surgery! I do hope you get an Uber to go to and from DD house. Be safe!
Old 10-28-2023, 11:18 AM   #245  

I slept until 9am again today. I'm glad I'm sleeping so well now. I'm hoping its helping with recovery. I get a bit of chest pain but I'm hoping its indigestion. Its mild. I just had eggs and toast at 10:30. With coffee. I'm back to drinking coffee in the morning. Too lazy to make tea. I don't know if the caffeine is ok. I will read my paperwork. I'm supposed to eat a heart healthy diet. They gave me a write up. I need to review it. I'm probably eating too much fat.

I wish I didn't have to wait so long to talk to the doctor. I don't know if I can discuss this with the NP I will see on Tuesday. I have a list of questions. About food, pain, exercise, CHF, stroke risk. I don't know how knowledgeable she is or if she will discuss the visit with him. I don't want to go back to the hospital. As far as I know she will check my groin and listen to my heart and lungs. I don't know what that tells them. They all do the same thing. I would prefer to see him but not til December.

Old 10-28-2023, 12:09 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Mad I am so sorry you are having so much pain. Also sorry about your DH eyes getting worse. If he can get his catarac surgery, I hope he can. I will be so glad when I can get mine. If I had known all this stuff was going to happen this year, I would have had mine last year and got it over with. I plan to get mine done as soon as I can when I am cancer free and off this infusion medicine.

Carol Sue I know it must be frustrating not having some of the answers you need. I'm surprised you are having to wait so long before you see the doctor. I am hoping to be able to talk to the surgeon who removed what she called the apron from my belly. It is the fat that covers a womans stomach and I have some questions about that too. I also have a question for her or the regular onchologist who oversees my infusion treatments. I read the other day of a new research that says that Monk Fruit sweetener fights cancer. I am wondering if I should switch to it instead of stevia. I like stevia but if Monk Fruit fights cancer, I might need to use it as a precaution. I see that some people have cancer and get over it and then it comes back. I don't want to deal with it again.

Weight was 160.2 lb and FBG 117. I obviously ate something that was too starchy. I'm cooking pork chops with sweet potatoes and we usually eat salad but I'm thinking we need to start eating some other veggies. I'm having a protein shake this morning and will drink my 1 c of coffiee in a bit. I only drink 2 c a day now of regular coffee but when I run out of this coffee, I will switch to decaf because I'm not sure how caffiene affects the bodies electrical system. I think DH might be right that I should switch to decaf... better to be safe than sorry. Besides, I'm not sure they know everything about what works and what doesn't.

Hope everybody has a nice day and weekend.
Old 10-28-2023, 05:06 PM   #247  

Trish, I read over my suggested heart healthy diet and it said 1-2 c of coffee is ok and that's all I ever have in the morning. DH drinks it all day into the night then he wonders why he can't sleep. If I say anything he says 'Coffee never keeps me up.". Well then why are you saying you can't sleep?

I think caffeine increases the heart rate. I take Metoprolol to slow the heart rate. I can drink decaf but DH makes a pot of regular coffee so I just drink what's here. If f I make tea I have decaf.

Today we went to Target to get DH a new phone. Then to Texas Roadhouse. I had portabella chicken but brought most of it home for the dog. I didn't like the sauce on it. I had a baked sweet potato and broccoli which I loved.

I was wondering about your surgery to remove the apron. I wish I could get that done, too. Are you not happy with the results? Is it painful? Do you have a scar?
Old 10-28-2023, 07:46 PM   #248  

Carol Sue I never had any problems from the apron being removed. I have a vertical scar like you have when you have a C-section.. I jusr want to know if there are any special rules about eating fat etc. I am thinking about eating DASH/Heart Diet, but haven't given up entirely on low carb/keto. I still see and hear so many good things about it. Of course, I don't know if I could ever sale out to it 100%. So I suspect that I will probably end up doing the DASH/Heart Healthy Diet as it will be much easier.

Thanks for sharing with me what your paperwork says about drinking coffee. I will probably switch to decaf for me most days. I also thought about getting decaf tea as well. I do have some herb teas that I am drinking as well. I'm trying to get used to drinking decaf green tea and lemon/ginger tea.

I'm getting tired of all these salads I am eating. It is supposed to be cold next week and I love soups, stews etc. I would love to have some spaghetti but then I might decide to wait and make it for when my son and his wife come in the night before Thanksgiving. I want to eat chili soon, but will wait until after my next infusion next Thursday. Boy do I look forward to cold weather so I can eat beans or lentils with cornbread. I personally think I can eat less calories by giving up salads or at least eating less of them..
Old 10-28-2023, 08:56 PM   #249  

Trish, I rarely eat salad anymore. Where do you think the calories are coming from in your salads? We don't eat salad at home but DH orders a salad with meals in restaurants. He won't eat spinach so he gives me the spinach from his salads. He only likes iceberg lettuce. He uses ranch dressing. We usually eat cooked frozen vegetables at home, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, peas, corn, Lima beans. Or I cook baby carrots. I love cooked carrots. I prefer hot vegetables to salad. I have never had beans and cornbread. I would not know how to cook that. It is a southern thing. The only beans I eat are Kidney beans or pinto beans in chili. Or garbanzo beans in hummus. Chick peas. What kind of beans are beans and cornbread?
Old 10-29-2023, 11:28 AM   #250  

I looked up some recipes for beans and cornbread. DH would not eat that!

I slept until 9 am again. I guess that is my new norm. DH is up before me every day.

I got the ice cream out to have some, its like soup. Is the fridge broken? Lots of stuff defrosted but DH said he got it running again so we will see what happens. I have the pork roast in the oven so at least that's not spoiled. We moved a lot to the freezer downstairs. I am very hungry for this roast. I want mashed potatoes and gravy. I bought pork gravy at Walmart. This is going to be good!

Yes,it is very good! Lots left over. The pork gravy is very tasty!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 10-29-2023 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-29-2023, 06:44 PM   #251  

Carol Sue DH thought a few weeks ago that our refrigerator freezer was going out and not making ice any more. We are watching it hoping it won't go out as it hasn't been that long since we bought it. If I ever have to buy another, I will go back to what I had before with the freezer at the bottom. but I hope I don't have to buy one anytime soom.

Your pork roast sounds good and I am sure it was.

My weight was back down to 159 lbs even this morning so I expect my weight will soon to stay down in the 150s. I may have to cut back carbs because FBG was high at 118 this morning which I think is because one of the new meds makes me have an upset stomach when I take it at bedtime and the paper work says take it with food like crackers. I think it might be the statin. I will discuss it with Primary doc when I see him Wednesday.

We had air fried leg quarters for dinner with a salad and I had left over sweet potatoes with it. It was good. DH had the left over corn. I don't think I can eat corn any more which is hard because I love corn but it tore up my stomach.

It is cold here today. High today was 48 degrees. and it has rained off and on all day.

I hope MAD's leg is feeling better.

Hope everybody's evening goes well.

Old 10-29-2023, 07:28 PM   #252  

Our pork was good. It was a pork boneless rib eye roast, similar to a pork loin. 2.5 lb and there's half left. I will eat some and feed some to the dog.

I take some meds at night that tend to make me tired.

Your temps are like ours. In the 40s and low 50s. On Tuesday morning I see the NP. at 10:30.

DH says our fridge is working again so I will check it in the morning. If I get a new one I want the same. It is French door with the freezer at the bottom. If this one is working again we will just keep it.

I think now I am going to bed early.

Good for you on 159!! Wow! I have a long way to go to catch up!
Old 10-30-2023, 12:34 PM   #253  

Weight this morning is 158 lbs. The surgeon said the swellng would go down and I pray this is what it is. On the other hand, I am eating less so it should be going down. Hopefully I have hit that point.

DH has chili sitting out for me to cook but I told him I don't want to eat it with me having 2 doctor's appointments and an infusion this week. I will make it for him if he wants it but it is so cold that I want oat meal for breadfast and soup for dinner.

Hope everybody has a good day and stays warm.
Old 10-30-2023, 01:06 PM   #254  

Trish, we are predicted to get snow tomorrow night! That's early even for us. I have an appointment tomorrow morning with the NP.

I haven't weighed for a few days but you are doing great at 158 between eating less and losing more fluid. Are your clothes loose on you? I am wearing my smaller clothes. I donated my big ones but I have some bigger jeans still to wash and donate.

It looks like our fridge is working so I don't need to buy a new one or call a repairman.
Old 10-30-2023, 03:52 PM   #255  

Carol Sue Ask the NP whatever you want to ask. My DS sees NPs a lot and she said she has always been satisfied with them. She says they know as much as the doctor and if they don't have an answer they can ask him for you. I hope it goes well for you and you get the answers you need.

I saw on the weather that a lot of y'all up north are getting snow and wondered if you would. I hope it won't start till after your appointment and you get back home and hunker down. Of course, I know y'all can drive in it where we would be shut down for it. We have been in a draught all summer and most of fall until now and they said this morning that our lake is up 100% with +15 ft higher with the rain we have had for 4 days.

I asked DS if she wanted any of these clothes I can't wear any more. She says she has plenty and when she loses she'll buy new. She has a thing about buying new clothes. She is on some medication that people take and just drop weight and she isn't losing. She is on some meds that can keep her from losing so he is checking her thyroid to see if it is off as well as going to look into changing some meds. I pray they can straighten it out so she can lose so she can feel better.

I did find some clothes I will be able to wear... some I have worn before when thinner and some I bought and was not small enough to wear. So I do have clothes to wear, but I am looking forward to buying some too. I finally can get into my sketcher type shoes just in time for this cold weather.

DH has gone to the store and I was on the phone with DS, so I handed him my list and I have no idea what he will bring home to eat. At least it won't be chili today.

Oh my fridge is working so far too. I really don't want to spend the money for a new one right now or to fix this one.

Closed Thread