Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2023, 09:53 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I felt terrible yesterday! I was ready to go to Urgent Care. But I got a good nights sleep and now my sore throat is almost gone. I'm still coughing and my nose is running. After I blow my nose I feel great for 5 minutes then it starts again. I think if DH lets me stay home and rest I will be fine for my Dentist Visit on Tuesday.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with family and was able to order liver.

BBL

I'm feels my worse as the day goes on. I will be going to bed early again.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 09-30-2023 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-30-2023, 05:54 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue I am so sorry you are feeling worse as the day goes on. I will continue praying for you. I do h ope you will be able to get your dental work done Tuesday.

DH went to the store today and now we are watching Baylor getting beat today. I think I got tired from our first day out with sister's and BILs. I've done all my exercises today and am sleepy. I hope I can stay awake so I can sleep good tonight.
Old 10-01-2023, 12:44 PM   #138  

I slept pretty good last night. My head is clearing up but its settling in my chest which isn't good. I'm hoping I can cough everything up. I am determined to get through this today and tomorrow and go to the dentist on Tuesday.

We went to Walmart and there were no carts. Very crowded. After going to pharmacy I checked again and was able to get a cart. We didn't need very much. I will have to go back out to Dollar General because I forgot to get Alka Seltzer cold medicine. It was crowded because the Steelers play at 1pm.
Old 10-01-2023, 01:32 PM   #139  

Carol Sue I'm glad you slept good. I am praying that doesn't become a chest cold and you will be able to get the dental work done Tuesday.

I've been sleeping good at night, but sleeping longer so that I am getting between 7 and 8 hrs sleep. I think it is necessary to have that sleep in order to heal, but sleeping steals from my time to do all the things I want to do. But evidently this is what is needed at this time and by the Grace of God there will be a day all this will be over and my life will be better. I am determined to come through this victoriiously.

I've got to get this room cleaned up. DBIL is coming to take DH to the eye doctor tomorrow. Babysister will come visit with me during that time. Then DH and DBIL will get take out and bring dinner for us to eat when they come back. I go for my eye appointment on Friday afternoon. The following week I have an appointment at DMV to renew my DL or get an ID on Tuesday and infusion on Thursday the same week. So the 1st 2 weeks of October will be busy.

Have a good week everybody.
Old 10-01-2023, 04:51 PM   #140  

You sure do have a busy October, Trish. I drank a cup off very hot tea and that broke up some congestion. I will have another cup later, and more tomorrow. I'm going for my appointment on Tuesday and its up to them to send me home. I feel better but I'm coughing.

DH ate hot dogs but I can't I eat them. I don't know what i will eat. I'm not very hungry.

I just woke up from a short nap. That extra sleep really helped me. I'm breathing good and feel good. I ate a piece of boiled potato. My ring feels very tight like I'm retaining fluid. I need to let that go.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 10-01-2023 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-01-2023, 11:24 PM   #141  

I thought I wrote earlier but I must not have sent it. My ears are ringing and I've slept off and on this afternoon. Also checked on my DS whose DH is out of town a few days. Their DSIL bought a hearst and it broke down in Austin so DBIL has gone to get him and they will tow the hearst back to his home in NW TX. I didn't realize he wouldn't be back until Tuesday so I don't really like her being by herself.

Carol Sue I'm glad you are feeling better and pray you will continue to. I've got ringing in my ears really bad tonight and stuffed up nose. I hope it will be gone tomorrow.

Good night.
Old 10-02-2023, 07:24 AM   #142  

Trish, I hope you feel better. I have been sleeping more the past 2 days than I've been awake. I guess its true that sleep heals because I do feel a lot better. I still have some chest congestion but its improving.

Old 10-02-2023, 01:59 PM   #143  

Carol Sue I'm so glad you are feeling better. I've always been a person who pushed myself to keep moving whether I feel like it or not. I still do that with the exercise that I need to do each day, but my body also seems to demand the rest it needs along with it.

My DBabysister and I are looking forward to spending some time together. We were closer than DS and I were when we were younger. DS and I are 3 yrs apart, but I turned 11 yrs old 3 months after DBabySister was born. Me being the oldest and starting to baby sit, she became my baby and I loved being allowed to help care of her.

I will be glad to get everything done that we need to do this month. We will have almost everything we have to do this year. Of course, the hospital payments will be going on for quite some time. I still haven't heard from the hospital where I had my surgery, but I think I will probably pay that bill in full. I want to get my Oncology bill paid in full before the new year.

Fatmad If I rember correctly you had an appointment concerning your knee at the end of September. What treatment was decided?

Have a nice day everyone.
Old 10-02-2023, 05:36 PM   #144  

Trish, i'm glad you are pushing yourself to keep moving because it seems to be helping you. You are improving so quickly. I can't push myself right now. I feel yukky yesterday and today. I think it's the tail end of my cold. I am also nervous about my dental appointment. I think I will be ok as long as I don't start coughing. I just want it overwith. So this time tomorrow it will be over and I can look forward to my heart procedure.

I envy you having such a close relationship with your sisters. I only had brothers and we were not close. I had a half sister but she was 17 years older AND got married right after I was born. After our father passed away we never saw her much.

I hope the coming year brings all of us better health outcomes.

i drank a cup of hot tea and feel better.

Goodnight.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 10-02-2023 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-03-2023, 01:09 PM   #145  

Carol Sue I pray you were able make it to the dentist and everything went well and now you can rest up and move forward to having the procedure done and then healing.

I'm not pushing myself as much this week as I have in the past. However today will be a day of doing all my exercises. I'm kind of learning to recognize when I need to not do all of them. There other days that I need to more and some days do less. I'm also having to learn to take it easy with visiting with others. I was so tired after DBS and DBIL left, I was worn out and all we did was talk, eat takeout and watch a comedian on YouTube. They left and I slept most of the rest of the day. DH even had to wake me up so I could move to the bed.

I'm doing better today today and I don't think it is going to be too long until I will be able to walk with my cane. I believe a lot of the sleeping is healing I think the exercising/moving around and sleeping has to be balanced for healing to take place. The crazy thing is that I go to bed and get a good nights sleep. I haven't had to take a sleeping pill in over a month.

I will check back here in a little while to see how your day has gone. I have found that having a good dentist makes my dental trip easier. I had one bad dentis t years ago that kept me from going to the dentist and dreading when I did go. However, the last 3 dentists that I had 1 in FL, 1 in SC and the 1 we have here are excellent and I don't mind going. I hope your dentist is a good one.

BBL
Old 10-03-2023, 01:13 PM   #146  

I'm home and all is well. The novacaine hasn't worn off so no pain yet but they said I can take Tylenol. I also have an antibiotic to take for 7 days. I feel fine. I only coughed a little, but the dentist coughed too so I didn't feel bad!

We had to go to Wal-Mart to get the antibiotic. While we were there there were police all over. They handcuffed and arrested a shoplifter. He stole something from the Wal-Mart 10 miles away and tried to return it at our Walmart. DH was happy he got to see some excitement. I'm just glad no one was shot!

Old 10-03-2023, 04:16 PM   #147  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi friends: back from my extra long weekend at the camp.
I DID have my knee assessment. They think they should get me to hold off getting it replaced because I am young. I have agreed to increase exercise for a period of time (more cycling, so DH brought up my bike and the indoor stand, and aquavit) in ways that don't stress the knee as much. I also got a new brace, which is working well. I got my accessible parking pass, so that lets me park closer and use my energy on the ways I want to exercise. When DH is driving, he can drop me off, or not as he sees fit. But I will push back on the knee replacement soon.
Carol: I hope and pray everything goes well for you with your heart provedure, and that your mouth feels better too now that tooth is out. Having all this taken care of may help your appetite.
Trish, good to see you are keeping busy and finding the path to healing.

I have been listening to the podcast from the fasting method, Dr. Fung's people.... learning what might help me be more successful.
SO I am going to keep trucking with the fasting. Tomorrow should be a fasting day.
Have a good day friends.
Old 10-03-2023, 07:34 PM   #148  

Right now I'm wishing I hadn't had this tooth pulled. I am in a lot of pain. I think a lot of it is from the novacaine needle going into my jawbone. Also, there was a lot of pulling and tugging to get the root out. I had zero pain before! I know its not going to hurt forever but that doesn't help right now. They told me to take Tylenol which isn't helping. Now I took Motrin to see if that helps.

Mad, I hope the exercise helps your knee. Cycling helps mine some and the brace, but I am not as active as you are. I baby my knee.

Today I ate scrambled eggs, yogurt and mashed potatoes. There is really nothing wrong with my appetite! I've stopped losing, gained a few back and I'm struggling to stay at 170.
Old 10-04-2023, 02:09 AM   #149  

Carol Sue I'm sorry you are in such pain. I pray the motrin will help and you can sleep. I always figure if I can sleep I can't feel the pain.

Fatmad I pray the exercises will help with the pain.

I did all my exercises for today and will try to do all them tomorrow since I go to the eye doctor Thursday. I won't feel up to going in the store with my eyes dialated.

Headed to bed hoping I will wake up a little earlier tomorrow. Good night.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:32 AM   #150  

The Motrin helped. I am not supposed to take Motrin but its ok occasionally. At bedtime I took Tylenol Arthritis and I slept thru the night. I have little pain this morning, more like sore and achy jaw and gum. I can handle this. Now I will take 1 Tylenol Arthritis. I don't like taking 2 because that is the maximum dose. I am still coughing. This has to be cleared up before my procedure.

I have to get more yogurt because all I'm eating is scrambled eggs, yogurt and mashed potatoes. I'm allowed solid food as tolerated, but my mouth is not ready for that.

BBL

I had to take a second Tylenol Arthritis. It started hurting more. Then I went back to bed and slept til 11:15. DH came in to see if I was ok. He cooked eggs and sauteed mushrooms and I even ate toast, cut up very small.

When I woke up I was laying on the side with the extraction. I stayed away from that all night.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 10-04-2023 at 12:14 PM.
Closed Thread