3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Diabetes Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support-203/)
-   -   Diabetes Chat for June. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support/260204-diabetes-chat-june.html)

Butterfly50 06-17-2012 11:21 AM

Hey everyone well I am gonna have to start all over here again tomorrow morning Cause it has been one **** of a week.

So the hubby's aunt 's daughter left her baby's daddy and things were going ok I watched the baby for them tues- thurs . well thursday night she decided that she wanted to move out of his house so hubby contacted his poice friend and asked what they could and couldn't do . They went and rented a uhaul friday morning and we went to their house and loaded up everything she wanted and we left while they were unloading her stuff at a friends house she is staying at He came beating on the door. I called her to make sure it was ok and known to her that he was their for the baby he came in cussing my 17 and 14 year old. So I went out cussing him he had my blood pressure up so bad that I thought I was gonna have to go to the er to get it down . I called my hubby and told him what happened and he called the boy and laid into him . So needless to say we are on a roller coaster of things happening and my last 4 days have been a big bad circle .so I must get back into my routine tomorrow and do what I need to do.

Well anyway thanks for letting me blow steam off here. Will be back to see how all is doing.

Riemontana 06-17-2012 02:18 PM

Hello Chat friends!

I had a great day yesterday at the pond with a cookout and fishing with little kids in my family. I kept hooking little bluegills and handing the rod to them so they could bring in the fish. They would then pose for pictures with the fish they caught - wearing big grins all the while. :D

Fbs was at 76 this morning. I was surprised because I certainly ate my fill of broccoli salad (with raisins) and I didn't sleep well. I was still awake at 4am. I took a tylenol pm and slept until 10. It was frustrating because I was achy and to tired to work out this morning. I love weekends when working out for a long time is a luxury without a schedule. Oh well.

Bonnie, what a lot of stress! I hope things get better soon. Take care of you, ok?

Ruth, I would have given in to the fish, also. I really enjoy it. At least you didn't have the pie ;)

Mad, Rennie, and others.... Have a great day!

Rie

pattygirl63 06-17-2012 06:13 PM

Bonnie:hug:What a horrible experience. Sure hope things calm down for you. This is a great group for allowing the venting and it helps sometimes to just get it all out. Here's hoping for a better week.

Rie I can see you doing that with the little ones and I know they will remember that experience with you forever. I know you missed your workout, but I'm also sure you must have needed the rest.

Ruthie I bet we could really enjoy doing some things together. I forget to check my fbs sometimes. I did take it this morning although I knew it would be high because of the time of the morning that I was taking it, but took it any way. I hope to join and start at the 9:15 class at the y in the morning. Just wanted a fbs starting point to keep track of progress.

Well, things are a little strained around here as I'm aware that everyone is upset, but I believe it is going to be better in the long run. They are learning that I don't make threats... I give warnings. Warned oldest that if she refused to do her one and only chore that she would lose the privilege of using my desktop. She did and I did. I couldn't take it from the room because the youngest DGD does everything I ask her to do. So I allowed the pc to be left in the room for her with the understanding that if the oldest ever uses it that it will be removed. That way hopefully they will learn that good behavior will be rewarded with privileged and bad behavior will not. They will also learn that when I say something that they can trust that "if I say it,I mean it" so listen up and/or pay the consequences.
Have a schedule for next week. DSIL is off Tuesday and Wednesday this week and DD is off on Friday. DGS will have to get up and take care of the baby tomorrow because I have an appt to meet my beautician at the YMCA Wellness Center to join and hopefully make the 1st class at 9:15 am.

Friend didn't get off work in time to make it to the movie, but I followed your advice Rie... I had told them I was leaving at a certain time but did not tell them where I was going. So when they decided they were going out for a while they had to take all the children. And when they came home, I was gone because I went shopping for a Father's Day gift for DH. DH and I have decided that we are going to ride this out and we are not going to let it put a wall between us or destroy our marriage. We went to church this morning and took DH out to Golden Corral for Father's Day dinner. I had planned to pay for it, but she payed for it.

I decided to sit back and say very little because I see DH doing some things differently. We went in her van to the restaurant and I was amazed that DH opened and closed the door for me. They know we have certain times that we watch certain shows. Last night we were watching our regular Saturday night program and she came in to ask us about something. The phone rang so I was on the phone with my DD who lives in AR. So he and his DD are talking and all of a sudden I heard him say... "this is the most important part of this show and we are missing it". She apologized and walked away. I left the room so he could hear the show and I could talk to my DD so I have no idea what happened after that. I took over the chore the oldest girl refuses to do and when the kids leave the doors open or a light on, we say nothing. Either DH or I get up and take care of it. I figure if I step back... only do what is necessary for me to do and start living my life that eventually DH will take care of the rest. I'm not sure it is going to take long either.

Well, that is the update.

BTW What kind of inexpensive shoes do y'all recommend wearing for exercising? I hope to get 3 days of exercising in this week, but may have to wait until I get some good exercise shoes.

pattygirl63 06-17-2012 07:59 PM

Good experience about an hour ago.

I gave DD money to take DSIL out for Father's Day because he wasn't with us today since he had to work. She didn't want to take it... said that we do enough. I cried and told her that I love her and that I have no problem with them being here. And that I had been saving the money for quite a while to take all of us out for Father's Day. He daddy didn't want to go out again and I knew she couldn't afford to pay at Golden Corral for her Daddy and all of us and then pay for her hubby and everyone tonight. I put the money in a Father's Day card Tony had made for him and told her she couldn't refuse a gift. I told her that I love her and the children and that I do not have a problem with them being here. I told her, "All I'm asking y'all to do is to help me conserve and save on the utilities so we don't end up paupers when this is all over". Told her I would love for us to come out of this with a Mother/Daughter type relationship and closer not further apart. She cried and I cried and we hugged. I noticed one of the kids went out of the house and left the front door open and she went immediately to close it. So maybe we can all work together and make this work after all. I feel encouraged.

love2b150 06-17-2012 08:43 PM

fbs yesterday 134 ... did record my foods so not sure why. Other than lack of sleep here lately. We have a ton going on.

this morning was 151. We had a couples function at church and there was nothing there that was suitable for me from breakfast to lunch. Then my friends daughter graduated yesterday and there was plenty of food there. I had a small piece of watermelon and a small piece of grilled chicken. The rest of what I ate was a complete :nono:

TOM started yesterday a week early

Bonnie good for you on the walk :) Wow Bonnie just when you were getting things in order, I'm so sorry you had to go through that :hug:

Trish good for you on all that you are doing FOR YOU :high: I'm sorry to hear about your time of fear, but I am glad to hear that you overcame it and refuse to allow it to defeat you again. :hug: Trish sorry you didn't get to the movies. But it really sounds like things like things are working in your favor. What chore is it that your granddaughter refuses to do? How old is she? You may want to put that one back in to the plan and show her that you are no longer waiting for her it must be done by her. Just a thought.

Rie I use to log everything into MFP then I stopped. I found MyPlateD recently but I have only used that a couple of times. I know it helps so I don't know what keeps me from logging on a regular basis. I don't have an appointment to see my doctor in the near future. Everyone that I have talked to on Diabetes Forum says that it takes Metformin a while to work fully so I don't want to seem hasty and end up having to pay out of the pocket. It will be a month on the 21st that I have been taking Metformin so I'll give it more time with full proper eating. Rie I use to start my meals with a salad or if I wanted something to eat I would make a salad but I haven't done that in over a year. I'm sure it will help to start it up again :D The birthday party sounds great :) I have a sonogram on Thursday to see what's going on with my lower abdominal area. Hope they can tell me something.

Ruth good for you on the fish fry, I love fried fish. Thank goodness it's my Mom that cooks it so I don't get it that often. She doesn't come out here like she use to and says her apartment is to small to fry fish. And I sure will hug my Memories of my DAD, he was the best :)

Madeleine I hope all is well :hug:

Ruthxxx 06-18-2012 06:01 AM

Good FBGL this morning despite a decadent weekend. Weight is still up there but ... Feeling a tad sore and stiff this morning - guess I went at the garden a bit too hard yesterday. I am off to the gym at 7:30 to work it out.

Back later to read.

Riemontana 06-18-2012 10:57 AM

Hello everyone.

fbs up a little at 94 this morning. Probably the china buffet :( and a poor night sleep. I don't have much time this morning but I wanted to wish everyone a good Monday. Later!

Rie

pattygirl63 06-18-2012 12:41 PM

I forgot to check my fbs today. But I am very happy to say that I joined the YMCA Wellness Center this morning. I couldn't afford for DD to go with me as it was going to cost me an added $31.00. So only joined myself.

I told the guy I how I had let myself get down and why no family details except for the crowding so I have no room to exercise. Told him if I went ahead and joined that I wouldn't be making excuses not to and that I wanted to start slow and build up my joints & muscles since exercise usually makes them stronger... explained some of my experience with walking at the collesium for DGS graduation. So he started me with about 10 minutes + a 5 min cooldown on the incumbent bike (I'll take something to read tomorrow). I told him that if I had been at home that I probably would have quit at one point, but of course I kept going there and I was really amazed at how much better I felt by continuing. You know it's that point where suddenly where you aren't sure you can keep going and all of a sudden this wonderful "energy" shows up and you could go forever:dizzy:. I think I will enjoy that one. I did what I think was called a leg crunch to stretch the legs and strengthen them and I was amazed that I could do the 12 count. I felt it but I didn't have the problems I thought I would have. Felt more awkward getting on the machine than anything else. Then he had me do 2 machines that strengthens the shoulder joints and upper arms etc. I did the 12 count on the 1st one, but he stopped me at 10 count on the last one. I told him that I had been counting and I knew he had cut me some slack. He just smiled. He said we will add more machines next time and I told him I will be back tomorrow. He said Monday is their busiest day and that less people are there between noon and 2 pm so that is good to know because I can put the baby down for a nap and go to the Y while he is sleeping. I plan to go Mon thru Fri. Although I could go on Sat since it is right around the corner from beauty shop, I'm not sure I will shoot for 6 days. I left there and went to Wal-Mart because I needed them to check my cell phone because I called 2 different people and they couldn't hear me, but I guess it was their phone as mine was working fine. Couldn't get them to hear me from my home phone either so maybe it was their phones and not mine. So I picked up a few groceries getting some more walking in and I still feel great.

Another big thing I've already noticed is that I've been experiencing a little bit of neuropathy in my feet lately. After using the bike and the leg cruncher, that has let up a wwwhhhoooolllot. So I am really thrilled with the outcome and proud of myself for making the decision to go.

Love you guys and appreciate your encouragment.

pattygirl63 06-18-2012 12:54 PM

Didn't change the ticker. Ended up eating a taco salad I had the kids bring me last night and I forgot about all the sallt in Mexican food. Up 5 lbs so will leave ticker as is at least until next week.

Also, thought I would share my thoughts with the fairy avatar. I always said that my Daddy protected my Mama so much that she lived in a "fairytale" world and she had no idea what us girls faced each day out here. One day I realized that while I understand that the world is NO Fairytale that I had been raised with fairytale stories/thoughts. So when I was going through all this soul search the last few weeks or so I suddenly realized that I absolutely love Fairytales/Disney world ideas and that I needed to "wake up and smell the coffee". This life is really real and it throws a lot of junk at us to wearus out and get us to just give up and quit. So I changed my avatar to the fairy because I love the fact that you see her back (which I'm sure is done for the effect of the wings). However, to me personally it is a symbol that I am turning my back on the fairytale crap I've been fed all my life and loved so much.

In real life, things don't always have a Happy Ever After. I have to get back to working for what I want in my life. Happiness DOES NOT JUST HAPPEN!! WEIGHT LOSS DOESN'T JUST HAPPEN AND NEITHER DOES "HEALTHY". It takes work and I will do what is necessary to make it happen and the first step is turning my back on the fairytale world..

Don't know if that makes sense or if I'm making it clear or not.

Y'all have a great day

fatmad 06-19-2012 09:55 AM

Hi everyone: haven't dropped in for a bit. Have been busy with wedding prep and unfortunately, haven't been eating as well as I would like. Too much junk and carby food. Picking up DD tonight in Toronto to bring her back for a few days of prep before the wedding. As well as practical details, I am treating her (and myself) to leg waxing tomorrow, massages on Thursday, and mani-pedis on Friday. The dress is ready, but I still need shoes and a belt, so will leave early for Toronto to find some. I found a perfect pair yesterday at a vintage shop, but they were a size too small. Maybe the big city will do better.
I have been reading a bit to catch up, and am worried a bit about the drama in the lives of some of our friends. I am barely coping with happy stressors, and am really sorry for the difficulties. Hope that we can each take the opportunity to learn to cope with these without diving into bad foods.
I am not actually tracking right now, and know I will regret it later, so will restart that today.
ttfn, will try to get back later this week.

Riemontana 06-19-2012 11:04 AM

Hello Everyone!

Fbs at 84 this morning. I got in about 30 minutes of Walkitout. Not enough but I overslept and it would have been easy to convince myself that I didn't have time. At least I did some. My eating is on track but my weight is still high and stable.

I had my dr appointment last week and my dr did some extra tests for thyroid, etc. He called me on Saturday and told me that my results were "boring". Everything is normal, including bs. It was 88 about 2 hours after lunch. I was worried about thyroid, etc because my skin and nails are awful and I am still losing hair. At least I am healthy! I have been lazy about supplements lately. I need to get back on track with that.

Mad, I will be thinking of you this week as you count down toward the wedding. It will be a wonderful day. How lovely that you have included some pampering for you and dd in your plans.

Everyone else, sorry no more time for personals. I hope everyone has a great day.

Rie

pattygirl63 06-19-2012 11:32 AM

Good Morning Chickies

Yes it does seem that all of us are having some sort of stress in our lives. Hope we can all get it under control. I am working at getting mine down as I am working on ME & MY HEALTH... putting me and my needs 1st for a change. It is really strange but since I blew up and let it be known how I feel things have been a little better. This kids still don't do all they are supposed to do, but I've decided they are just NOT GOING TO CHANGE so I do what I am willing to do and force them to do what I will not tolerate them not learning to do. DH seems to go along with me so that is good for me. They have no idea how he really feels about them. He says they are slobs and they enjoy being slobs. So things are better for me. I don't do anything with them or for them that I don't want to do if it is something that I don't HAVE to do. So as my sister would say, "I pick my battles and let go what I feel comfortable about letting go".

Well, I'm headed to the Y for day 2 of machines. I'll say one thing about that... it is a good stress reliever but it also was good for my sleep. I took my Melatonin since DSIL is home today and I didn't have to get up early. Got my laundry done before I went to bed and I slept like a log. I went to bed and went to sleep and didn't move even to go to potty for hours. Now if I'm good and eat right hopefully all will be better later health wise.

Y'all have a good day. Thinking of each and everyone of you although didn't mention any names.

Butterfly50 06-19-2012 03:16 PM

Hey ladies sitting here on the stove cooking me up some meals I have some spaghetti going and a big tray of chicken in the oven I have decided that it will be worth me pre cooking my meals for a while so it will take alot of the confusing away and I wont have to worry about my food disappearing into someone else. I also am making Sugar free Jello with a dollop of sugar free cool whip and they making me some home made Ice Cream sandwiches . Use Graham crackers and some sugar free Cool whip and then some others will be doing good for me I also have decided to boil me some eggs and freeze servings of oatmeal and I wont have to cook jest pull out and heat it up will be on track for a while and after all this I will be walking and working out everyday and I am pledging to myself that I will be checking my sugar before and after every meal for a while to keep track of it and get back into the routine.

So I better be going have so much to do .. Check back later..

pattygirl63 06-19-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butterfly50 (Post 4376721)
Hey ladies sitting here on the stove cooking me up some meals I have some spaghetti going and a big tray of chicken in the oven I have decided that it will be worth me pre cooking my meals for a while so it will take alot of the confusing away and I wont have to worry about my food disappearing into someone else. I also am making Sugar free Jello with a dollop of sugar free cool whip and they making me some home made Ice Cream sandwiches . Use Graham crackers and some sugar free Cool whip and then some others will be doing good for me I also have decided to boil me some eggs and freeze servings of oatmeal and I wont have to cook jest pull out and heat it up will be on track for a while and after all this I will be walking and working out everyday and I am pledging to myself that I will be checking my sugar before and after every meal for a while to keep track of it and get back into the routine.

So I better be going have so much to do .. Check back later..

Good for you Bonnie. You are going through some real stress things by others like I have. When I started standing up to everyone and taking up for myself, nobody liked it and they still treated me like crap. However, once I took charge of my life and showed them that I meant what I said IT IS AMAZING how they act now. I know they still don't necessarily like it, but you know what? They respect me and I don't know about anyone else but that is more important to me than anything else they could think of me. Had a landlady once who told me that "people (her kids included) didn't have to like her or love her, but by golly they were going to respect her". I decided right then that I liked that idea and adopted it. I'm saying all that to say this... Learn to take care of yourself and stand up for what you know is right for you. You can do that and still be kind to others, because whatever you do... you never go against what you believe is right. I tell the kids here that there are somethings I will compromise on and then there are things I will never compromise on because they are the right things to do. I told them that they don't have to like it, but since they live here and I am not going to compromise they they will have to learn to live with it. The little DGD only half listens and is slowly learning to come ask me what I mean... example they will not put a dvd back in the jacket and put it up. DH and I go to watch a movie and it isn't there and no one knows where it is. They have lost a dvd and can't find it. So I told them they could not take the expensive ones in their room to watch. Being 9 yrs old, she heard "you can't watch any movies in your room". Later she came to me and said "I looked everywhere and I can't find the movie. Do you mean I can't watch any movies?" I explained she can still take dvds and watch them but not the expensive blue rays and she has to watch a movie and take put it up before taking another one in her room. I suspect that since they may take several dvds to her room and then has to do a fast clean up mixes them and there are 2 movies in one jacket... one belongs and the other does not.

So they are learning to ask questions and treat me with respect. However, I have to admit it actually started when I started respecting myself. Bonnie, I really think you will get the same type of treatment as they see you respect yourself. Planning ahead as you did is a good place to start. I'm proud of you.

Butterfly50 06-19-2012 10:52 PM

Thanks trish . Yes I agree to I have told all that I am for myself I shocked everyone cause I spent the day cooking and When it came time for dinner no one was here so I decided that I wasn't gonna cook so they all came home and was like I guess it fend for yourself night I said that's right I am not cooking for people who are not home.

I showed them everything I cooked for myself today and I am not done I still want to do some other things I always want to have something good on hand all the time.

So I have the baby Tomorrow I will see what I can get done. ( The baby is My aunts Granddaughter) But I will get it done.

Will check back in the am Good Night for now.