Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #61  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sorry I've been MIA but my PC croaked Monday morning and I've also been away in Ottawa. Spent a good 24 hours with my sister Joan which was loads of fun. We saw West Side Story at the National Arts Centre and had dinner there at the Cafe to celebrate my baby sister's 70th Birthday. I still can't believe how expensive the tickets were (over $500!) but ...

Weight still the same and BGL stable but my darn BP is running too low - 101/67, 93/65 and then 88/65 tested on a drugstore machine three days in a row. Methinks it's time to adjust the meds a bit. I'll check with the doc later today. (Right now I'm on Atacand and also a mild diuretic and think one of those has to go.) I never thought I'd be fretting about LOW BP!

Do enjoy your day whatever it brings. Now to read back and catch up!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 221/215.4/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Good Morning All,

I've decided that WW is something I will be using for a long time because I thought I had eaten more than I should have but keeping up with the pts, I found that I was only used 1 of my weekly pts. So I think that I need WW not only to keep myself accountable but also to help me see how much I am eating. Using Intuitive Eating so as to learn when I'm really hungry. This morning, I woke up and wanting a sausage-egg omlet with veggies. I like eggbeaters because I get equivalent to 2 eggs for 2 pts instead of 4 and use the Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles that has less fat and use half a serving for 1 pt and my veggies are 0 pts so I have 3 pts total for breakfast.
Yey!! So I've got day 1 behind me and a better day 2 lined up.

Exercise will getting things organized in my house getting ready for the week end with Richard's Mom and son.

Going to beauty shop this morning for touch up and hair cut.

Mad thanks for your advice.

Have a great day Everyone.

BBL
Old 03-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello friends!

fbs at 75 this morning and my weight is the same. Last night, a friend of mine (who is about 65 yrs old) walked into the pool room with a limp. He was diagnosed a few months ago with diabetes when he started to have vision failure due to the disease. As I spoke to him last night, he told me that he had a stroke on Sunday. He is doing well but the whole thing is scary. I remember being confused when he and his wife were telling me, "he can basically eat anything... he just has to watch his portions". Apparently, his sugars have remained moderately high and very high in the mornings..... It made me very sad. On a positive note, he has now become a patient of my dr - one of the top endocrine docs in this whole area. I hope my friend recovers now.

It kind of scared me..... My bs came under immediate control with diet and exercise. Sometimes I wonder - did I just get really lucky? This is a scary and capricious disease.

Ruth, it is good news that your blood pressure is down now but we don't want you tipping over! I hope you hear from the dr soon.

Trish, I am really sorry about your situation. I have to say that I am pretty appalled that other relatives would descend on you. Isn't there a nearby hotel? I am glad that you are back. Please don't let shame or guilt keep you away - it just makes everything worse.

Mad, I have become convinced that the only way that I can get this weight off is to exercise it off. I plan to start slow walking this weekend with a brace on my knee. Good Luck!

Bonnie, I agree with mad that your meter may not be entirely accurate. I also know that when my bs started staying routinely under 90, I would occasionally get a little light headed. My doc told me that it was because I wasn't used to it. In time, it got better. The good news is that your bs is down there!

Gotta go.

Rie
Old 03-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #64  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Yeah I can now fit into my 24 's. I am soo happy. I must sit down tonight and make me a routine out and let everyone know this is the way it is so I can get back 100% I like this feeling of wearing cloths that I never thought I could get back into.

I do agree 100% about the meters So when I feel like that I go eat and I am feeling better shortly after it. I must get into waking up early again this time change has me soo messed up. But I will prevail.. Thanks for the responses I got from the question I posted still kinda new at all this . Well I must run dd has a dr apt in 1 1/2 hrs and its 30 minutes away. Till later..
Old 03-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #65  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

RIe: I am sorry about your friend, sounds like he didn't get good advice or take advice about controlling blood sugars, and thats where we get if we don't work at controlling our sugars. You didn't just get lucky, diet and exercise and for some of us meds, can really manage this well most of the time. I think the other key is a good health care provider who takes it seriously and helps with meds when needed. I am still officially not diabetic, but my doc was willing to look at the research I brought in about metformin helping to keep those of us who are "prediabetic" or glucose intolerant, from becoming diabetic and having the detrimental effects of the disease. Not everyone does their homework, and count on others to watch their backs. It doesn't always work.
We here are learning to take responsibility for ourselves, for the diabetes, for our diets, our health. Its not easy, but its worth it. YOu are doing a great job.

I had a rough day, a co-worker brought cut limes to add to the food she brought to potluck, and in spite of being reminded of my serious allergy to citrus, proceeded to squirt it all over her salad, and onto me and my food!
I rushed to the washroom to wash it off, she says she apologized, (I didn't hear it with my head in the sink) but she sure didn't ask if I was ok or anything. Very frustrating, and the rest of us have agreed to ban all citrus from the office. I have been having difficulty with this colleague about some other stuff, and we are actually in mediation, but I am sure not feeling great about working with her these days. Fortunately the others in the practice are really caring and supportive. With their blessing, I will be taking some time off on Saturday to go to see Dad and place flowers on Mum's grave on the 2nd anniversary of her death. This is really caring and i so appreciate it.

The weather continues to be lovely, so I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:18 AM   #66  
Come on Spring!

Just a this morning. It's gym morning and I must eat before I go. Happy TGIF, everyChick!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #67  
Madeleine

fbs 5.2 this am. weight same. in a holding pattern I guess. At least I am not gaining. Going for a walk in a bit with DH and the dog, since it is warm. Will likely rain later, so wanna get out there soon.
A few hives this morning too after the lime incident yesterday.
Ruth, have a good gym morning, and Rie, hope you can do some stuff inspite of the knee. be gentle!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #68  

Hello all.

fbs at 76 this morning and my weight is still holding. I have a day of paperwork ahead of me.

Mad, I am horrified at the behavior of your coworker. Glad about the citrus ban. I was thinking about you yesterday. I signed up for Hot Yoga classes here because there was one of those "deal of the day" things for a local studio. 20 sessions for $25. I figure if I hate it, its only $25. What does one wear to these classes?

Ruth, enjoy the gym, I envy you.

Bonnie, great job on the NSV. You are back!

Trish, I hope that you are heading into the weekend with minimal stress. Hoping that it all goes well with your company.

Rie
Old 03-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #69  

A quick flyby here as I'm busy getting my part of housework done. Good for me to do (exercise) last load of clothes in the dryer, still have half the living room furniture to wax. The kids will do the vaccuming and oldest DGS has been cleaning the kitchen so I have minimum things to do in there that boys don't think of. I'll leave sweeping and mopping of kitchen and dining room to them. I bought the stuff and they can do it.

Good news is thing is that they got their foods stamps restarted and I guess when they saw how much DSIL pays in the child support they gave them more so that is really good and will help us a lot.

On the other hand, I think we are going to have to dip into DH retirement again and purchase a new refrigerator since none of the little tricks worked. DSIL went by the appliance store and he said he could probably fix the dryer which DH doesn't want to spend the money for the part and it be something else. So not sure what we are going to do about that yet. Will see when DH gets up.

Mad - I can't believe that someone could be so insensitive. Hope the hives don't last very long and you are better soon.

Rie - Thanks for thinking of me. I'm actually doing pretty good. Take it easy on your knees. I work a a bit and then when my back starts hurting, I take a break until it feels better and I get back to cleaning again.

Ruthie and Bonnie and others -

Have a great Friday and if I don't get back here this week end... Y'all have a good one!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:20 PM   #70  
Bonnie

so I am trying to decide how to set up a routine for me that I will have time to work out and do everything I need to do a day. I want to get back a 100 %. Been feeling a little depressed today cause not being able to do as I need to. Is their any where on the net you can copy out a chart to keep track of your daily sugar levels. My book they gave me is full.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly50 View Post
so I am trying to decide how to set up a routine for me that I will have time to work out and do everything I need to do a day. I want to get back a 100 %. Been feeling a little depressed today cause not being able to do as I need to. Is their any where on the net you can copy out a chart to keep track of your daily sugar levels. My book they gave me is full.
Bonnie - Try this website...

http://www.type2diabetesguide.com/fr...g-sheets.shtml
Old 03-17-2012, 06:54 AM   #72  
Come on Spring!

Happy St Patrick's Day - even if you aren't Irish like me. I am celebrating with a bit of Bailey's in my coffee - BGL was 3.7 (66.6) this morning and this is a good way to bring it up a tad. I will also have a proper breakfast.

Bit of a scare at the gym yesterday as I got dizzy on the treadmill and had to get off. My BP had dropped too low. Went to the doc and he adjusted my meds down a bit. Strange after so many years of struggling to get the BP down but losing weight has finally caught up to me. I go back again on the 27th for bloodwork and a follow-up appointment.

Corned beef is burbling away in the large crockpot. I'm having six people for dinner and am hoping they eat it all because leftovers screw with my weight. I may send the leftovers home with my guests.

A glorious Saturday of sun and warm temps is unfolding and I'm planning to spend as much time as possible outside enjoying it! I hope you can do the same.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #73  
Madeleine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Happy St Patrick's Day - even if you aren't Irish like me. I am celebrating with a bit of Bailey's in my coffee - BGL was 3.7 (66.6) this morning and this is a good way to bring it up a tad. I will also have a proper breakfast.

Corned beef is burbling away in the large crockpot. I'm having six people for dinner and am hoping they eat it all because leftovers screw with my weight. I may send the leftovers home with my guests.

What a fun way to bring up your fbs! You naughty thing, drinking in the morning! And don't weigh yourself for at least 2 days after the salty corned beef, you know its just water weight!

My fbs was 4.6 today, so quite pleased. I haven't gained in spite of the snack monster getting hold of me last night, DH had salty and yummy peanuts out. No matter that they are "healthier" than chips, they are as addictive and difficult to portion.
Going to Niagara today to be with Dad, its the day my mother, Peggy died, so we now call it St Peggy's day, I expect that is how I will always see today now.

Rie: tips for hot yoga. Dress very light, just shorts and a tank. Take a towel to put on your yoga matt, and another handtowel to wipe sweat from your brow. Drink water before, have a jug with you, and plan more afterward. Always take the beginner version of a pose until you know them well and are comfy. If you can't work it, let the instructor come to you to help. They are usually good with newbies. And from one person with knee problems to another, be cognizant of the knees at all times. THe balancing poses are good for strengthening the small supporting muscles. Also, keep a folded strap handy. I put a strap folded over, in the crease of my knee in poses that have me kneeling etc, and the extra space that gives helps a lot.
Sometimes they go quite quick and you don't have to do every bit. If you get overheated or dizzy, (not unusual until you get more used to it) have a drink and lay down for a bit. I probably did 10 classes before I could get through one without taking extra breaks. Its not a competition. I hope you like it!

Trish, hope the visit goes well and the finances work out for you all, its a lot to handle, so hope your eating goes well.

Hey to Bonnie, good work!
hello to everyone else, have a happy saturday
Old 03-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #74  
Bonnie

Thanks Trish I download and saved it. Thats what I was looking for. Thanks Everyone I hope to find everyone here doing good today. The kids and grands will be in tomorrow morning but have to cut it short they have to leave Tues night he has to get back to texas and sign in . But two days is better then none.. I will try to check in later..
Old 03-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #75  

Just a quick post:

fbs at 78 this morning and my heavy weight is still holding....

Off to the parade and celtic bazaar.

Rie
Closed Thread