Old 06-22-2008, 08:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/125

Height: 5'2

Default Help

Hello!

I was just diagnosed with Type II back in February and I am really having a hard time with it. I am on insulin wth meals and bedtime and I feel like a human pin cushion. I am very discouraged about this and can't seem to stay on track... Any suggestions?

Thanks,
mom of two trying to get healthy
jbugs73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:00 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh wow . . . that is unusual to be started on insulin rather than one of the oral meds. Were both your HbA1C and your fasting glucose extremely high? Is the doctor just trying to get things into line as quickly as possible? Sometimes they do that at the beginning and then change to oral meds later on.

Hang in there, chickie you can do it . . . I've been living with this delightful little disease for about 20 years now and although I got off the insulin again about 6 months ago (but fear I may have to go back on it), I still feel like a pincushion at times because I check my blood sugar 3 to 4 times a day and I find that the lancets hurt a lot more than the insulin syringe.

We are hear for you . . . tell us a little more about your BGL's and your eating plan. Have you been to a DEC (Diabetes Education Centre) yet?
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote