Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 09:09 PM   #31  

Hi everyone..finally got a chance to turn the puter on..its been a busy day for me..after having coffee my dd and i went shopping and errand running..i had to get food supplies for my dh and soninlaw and grson who are coming this weekend to join my dh at the cabin for a week of male bonding and moose hunting..and of course its my job to put it all together..the ice only lasts 2 days so alot of the stuff has to be non-perishable..anyways i just got home and im several hundred $ poorer and need to pack it all but that can wait till tomorrow..my sl was 94 this am.. its a very pretty fall day.. i noticed the leaves are starting to change color..i weighed this am and those last pesky 3# have gonenow im back to where i was befor vacation..im so happy about that and also did some extra walking today..hope u all had agreat day.. im pooped and am going to have a cup of tea and put my feet up rosey
Old 09-05-2007, 09:14 PM   #32  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Yay ROSEY . . . . . . congratulations for kicking those pesky pounds to the curb.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:23 PM   #33  
Happy New Rears!

Rosey, shopping and organizing the male bonding weekend sounds like a huge job, I hope they appreciate it!

Congrats on losing those pounds that snuck back. You have a clean slate now and everything gets better from here.

I had an okay day, busy at work, but I ate really well and did my cardio which I haven't done since Friday.

A house, 6 houses down from me went up for sale today... I was curious and went over for the open house. My house needs some major work soon, the basement is still unfinished (even though we've lived here 5 years) the kitchen counters and cabinets need replace and floors too, we have carpeting that need replaced and I have always wanted a big jacuzzi tub in the ensuite - but that would require taking out walls.. etc..

Anyway, this house I looked at - has all that. A gorgeous ensuite with jacuzzi, new hardwood floors and a new staircase, new kitchen cabinets & floors, granite countertops, a fabulous finished basement, 2 gas fireplaces.

I got to thinking, wouldn't it just be easier to move - then to renovate?

There are a couple of drawbacks... one (the biggest!) is my hubby who was not impressed when I suggested moving LOL

the other is the layout is not as nice as our house, and I don't think DH's pool table will fit in the room they have there. Also, we have nicer windows here - bigger, and a nicer view out the backyard. They have a church behind them and it's not a great view.

I am going to try to get him to look at it tomorrow with me. The other crazy thing, the closing needs to be October 30th! and I have my trip in Nov 19th, I'd probably have to cancel.

Yes, I'm a crazy lady from Canada.

Last edited by ThinGirl in FatBody; 09-05-2007 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:11 AM   #34  
Onward and Downward

Oh wow . . . don't do anything rash, THIN . . . especially if you don't love the floor plan . . .

Good Morning everybody . . .

Unfortunately I was up very early again . . . don't know why. At least it is a better looking day -- nice and sunny and a little warmer -- thank goodness. My BGL was an even 5.0 (90) this morning, so that was good and, even better, no kitten 'faux pas'.

And now for today's little bit of trivia . . . Did you know that 7-UP got it's name from the fact that it contained 7 ingredients? It was introduced just before the stock market crash in 1929 and one of those 7 ingredients was lithium. It contained the anti-depressant until the 1940's. Guess the inventor, C.L.Griggs, was trying to compete with good old Coca-Cola which really did contain cocaine when it was first introduced. And to think, today we worry about caffeine (but never in 7-Up).

Have a great day, gang . . . see you later . . .
Old 09-06-2007, 09:13 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Morning!! I had a meeting at work today and got my usual 5 hours of sleep (bad, I know, but I have to wake up at 5:30 every morning!) so I chugged down some Carb Free Rock Star (I find myself doing this often) and got down to business!

NSV: I'm wearing a pair of SIZE SIX PANTS TODAY!!! Granted, they are an Old Navy six, which makes them a little bit larger than most 6's, but they were also made over four years ago, so they are slightly smaller than Old Navy's current 6. I feel AMAZING!

My blood sugars have also been really good since my weight loss journey has commenced (with a few exceptions, of course, we all have our crazy days, no?) I always tried to keep them in a good range and have been a bit of a health freak on that even while fat, but it was more difficult to do this when I overate. I got my A1C done yesterday: 6.7!!! It may not sound amaaaazing, but it is an improvement for me, as my A1C's are usually in the lower 7's. However, I've also had more lows, which might explain some things.

Rosey - rock on for losing those 3 pounds!

Thin - I agree that moving sounds wayyyy easier than renovating. Renovating a house, I imagine, can be a really fun project IF all parties involved have the time, dedication, and passion to get it done. Most people are lacking one or more of those factors. To me, the idea sounds really fun as a job, but as something I'd do in my spare time? No way... not enough hours in the day... I hope your hubby is dedicated!

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 09-06-2007 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:02 PM   #36  
creations

Just got back from the dr. My mammagram was normal. They took an extra picture because they thought they saw something but it was normal. Husband went for a phyical today, the dr heard a slight rattle in his lung so sent him for a chest xray. the first one was cloudy,so they took a second. Tomorrow he goes for blood work. then goes back to the dr on Oct 11.
My blood sugar and pressure were a little high. But I don't go back till Jan.

Judy S
Old 09-06-2007, 01:44 PM   #37  

Morning everyone.. i have been up early this am .. not cuz i wanted to but daisy was doing a dance on my chest..i guess she wanted out my sl was 94.. i have not been snacking after dinner and so my #'s are lower..i seem to have more energy.. not sure it is becuz of the wt loss or im just feeling good about it..creations am happy your test turned out normal bet thats a relief..shane wtg on the good #'s and the smaller clothes size..im hoping some day i dont shop the plus sizes..thin..think befor u leap..i hate moving as we did so much of it when we where younger..my dd and her husband just finished renovating their house.. and they both work..it took along time and many hrs and frustration and mess but it looks nice now..meowee glad the kitties are behaving for u..its apretty fall day here..i have been organizing and cleaning and doing laundry..i have a few new recipes i got from hungry girl that im going to try.. if they'r good ill share..ttfn and have a great everyone rosey
Old 09-07-2007, 02:49 PM   #38  

Morninggee where is everyone..must all be busy..hope u are having a good day..my sl was 86 this am and its cloudy and rainy.. a good day for the chix stew i have simmering on the stove.. my dh will be home later today and hes always starving when he gets home.. they will be leaving again sunday..i have been working on some xmas gifts"busy hands" keep me from snacking which is being aproblem todayhope u are all having better luck than me.. lets just say it a good thing theres no chocolate in the house..ttfn rosey
Old 09-07-2007, 05:06 PM   #39  
Onward and Downward

Happy Friday . . .

Don't know why Fridays always seem to get so busy for me that I don't get a chance to stop in here, earlier? Nothing wrong with my BGL today; nothing wrong with my eating regimen today -- just very, very busy.

I've started working on Christmas presents, too ROSEY -- have quite a little pile of crocheted slippers completed.

Anyway, hope you all had a good day . . . see you tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:49 AM   #40  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

A little tongue in cheek for everybody (except, maybe, Rosey) West of me [pretty much takes care of all of you (except Casandra)] for sending this hot and sticky weather my way.

Oh well, at least it means I'll have the A/C going today and that will help to drown out a bit of the racket coming from the fair grounds. Much as I love all the activities of fair week, it does get a little tiresome by this point. Last night it was after midnight before all the noise of everybody leaving for home died down.

After I finally got to sleep, I did sleep pretty well for a change. BGL was 4.7 (85) first thing this morning. Had and read the store-flyers for a little while and it was getting pretty low, I think, by the time I actually had my breakfast -- boy, I should know better. Anyway . . . just finished my protein pancakes overflowing with local blueberries, for the third day in a row . . . now I need to get some more berries or I'll actually have to eat something else for breakfast tomorrow. OMG, I blueberries.

Hope everybody has a good day . . . see you later . . .
Old 09-08-2007, 10:14 AM   #41  
Happy New Rears!

Hi everyone, it's been a good week food/exercise wise, but not emotionally wise - been arguing with my hubby about the house thing, moving, renovating of course everything got turned around to I'm being unreasonable, why do I need a big bathtub? what's wrong with a regular one, why do I have to have a special kitchen, what's wrong with the one we have? (even though there is a cabinet door missing and the ceramic tiles have cracks and the counter tops don't match!) anyway, we didn't talk for a couple of days which is hard because we work together.

Then out of the blue he said 'fine, move' call the mortgage company, get approved to make the offer - do it. Well, he hasn't even seen the house yet -he says it doesn't matter what he thinks, it's all what I want. Blah. I said come see it with me, and he said no, he didn't want to - maybe on Sunday if he had a moment.

Needless to say, I expect to stay here and nothing to change. I dont think I'll ever have a big jacuzzi tub or a beautiful kitchen - the only thing he committed to was finishing the basement, but there was no mention of when this might start.

Last edited by ThinGirl in FatBody; 09-08-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:56 AM   #42  

Just breezing by to say hello, and I am still alive and kicking. I have been busy trying to build up some extra stock and putting things on my Etsy website. I had company last weekend, and I am going out of town next weekend. Busy busy busy! My blood sugar shows the stress with great sensitivity! dang it!

I have a kiln to unload, and another load of glazed stuff to put in, so I better get workin'!

Old 09-08-2007, 11:31 AM   #43  
Onward and Downward

Hi again . . .

Just found a good video in my e:mail about treating DPN (Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy) . . . at least this one is 8 minutes long (so it makes it almost worthwhile that you have to watch the Lipitor commercial first )

Last edited by meowee; 09-08-2007 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:35 AM   #44  
Onward and Downward

Oops . . . guess this would help . . .

http://www.everydayhealth.com/Public...es&cvalue=1929
Old 09-08-2007, 02:22 PM   #45  

Morning all..its raining buckets this am and has been raining all nightthat means that my guys will be making a trip to the cabin thru woods and swamps up to there tire rims in mud..i'll bet my grson(14) will have a blast..i'm making a huge cassarole and salad for their dinner tonight.. they leave tomorrow..then im a free bird for aweek or so..i can feel the male testostorone flying around they sure do have fun tho moose hunting.. not my cup of tea..nice to here from u monet did i ever say my dad was a potter..i have some nice pieces that he made for me..meowee stay in where it s cool chickie..thin.. am sry u are arguing with the hubby..that sucks and sometimes they just dont see things like a women does.. i can sympathise as we have been in our home 20 yrs now and its not finished it needs trim work, tile on kitchen floor and the basement finished i could go on and on..but my dh has promised that when our annuity is up for rnewal in 2008 we can finnish the house yay!! but im not holding my breath..hope u can work it out..as for me i have dishes to do and cooking to befor the son-in -law and grson get here later today so best get at it..ttfn (((hugs))) for all rosey
Closed Thread