Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 12:13 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 229/T/170

Height: 5'7

oops.. ps. Meowee! im sorry to hear about the run of bad luck you have been having. hopefully the waterheater will be the last of it
Old 05-21-2007, 01:07 PM   #137  

Height: 5.6

Meowee - Hope things are going better for you! Keeping my fingers crossed.

Mickey - Have you thought about changing the exercise your are doing - that might help - It may be that your body has just adapted to what you are doing... maybe it needs a little shake up? Just don't get discouraged.... also -have you measured yourself? My scale did not move for more than 2 months -but I was losing inches.... It was very hard to accept - I wanted that bloody scale to move......

Okay my basics - My sugars are looking pretty good - I did my weigh-in this morning - I have lost 2.5 pounds.... yay! - I had an awesome weekend in Delaware visiting my Dad.

But, I have got to get back to work. Lunch is over...

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-21-2007, 01:36 PM   #138  

Hey Penney,
well i tried using the tae bo to mix it up, instead of just dancing for an hour or so. I think the inch thing may be true, i tried on a jacket i had gotten for a concert, and by the time the concert arrived i was to pudgy to wear it but when i put it on sunday it actually fit nicely, well i could still stand to lose more to make it fit perfect. but i got the button closed without worrying that it was going to fly off and kill someone i dunno, im just fustrated and tired. and even though i didn't want to work out last nite, i got out of the bed and danced hard core for an hour until i was sweaty. something has to give eventually right.. RIGHT?

thanks for chiming in Penney, i started to think i was just cursed and had even considered giving up my insulin just to get the scale to move

Congrats on the weight loss too, i'd kill for a 2lb weight loss right now
Old 05-21-2007, 01:40 PM   #139  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Hi all just a drive tho to keep in touch,,my bs are still high,,weather is warm and I have the day off,,,good news,,,take care and all have a great day,,,
Old 05-21-2007, 02:24 PM   #140  

Howdy everyone.. another sunny day here.. its my favorite time in alaska..my sl was 115 this am..meowee.. boy sure hope your luck changes ((( ))) mickey.. keep at it.. my body does that to.. i didnt loose anything for a week and then boom a loss..if you are doing the right things and exercising to it will drop..maybe u arent eating enuff and need to shake up your metabolism..sometimes if your eating is to restictive your body protects itself as if you where starving.. so maybe add a little more good choices to your diet for a few days and keep exercising and see if that helps..penny wtg on the loss thats so awsome ..jeanne enjoy your day off ..hello and (((hugs))) to all who are missing in action those that are here..have agreat day rosey
Old 05-21-2007, 06:23 PM   #141  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi everybody . . .

It rained less today, but it is still cold and dull. Temp made a high of 7C (45F). Still have the plumbing problem -- hope the plumber turns up tomorrow -- you should never be allowed to have problems on a holiday weekend if you live in a small town. BGL was 5.8 (104) this morning and at least I'm eating properly. Today, one of my ex-employees (before I retired employees) was at work (silly boy) and whining for assistance so that kept me kind of busy and gave me something else to think about besides the water and weather situations.

Otherwise . . . absolutely nothing new going on. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking evening doing the good stuff. Be sure to remember all the good stuff and forget about the bad. If we just keep doing the best we can, the rewards will follow. see you soon, gang . . .
Old 05-21-2007, 06:33 PM   #142  
stbakd

it's coo; here too but it's 10. hope you get plumbing done soon meowee
glen
Old 05-22-2007, 09:33 AM   #143  
stbakd

has everyone died
glen
Old 05-22-2007, 10:43 AM   #144  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi gang . . .

Don't know where everybody else is, Glen . . . but I've been up to my armpits in plumbers all morning. At least I now have a new water heater and they even did their best to clean up some of the water damage . . . the bill will be mailed . . . oh joy . . . I can hardly wait to see it. Guess he didn't want to just hand it to me for fear he'd then have to call an ambulance after I fainted.

Since I wasn't sure how long the plumbers would be, I cancelled my optometrist appointment for today -- but I got lucky -- they had a cancellation for first thing tomorrow morning. So that's were I'll be heading bright and early tomorrow.

Although there were a few isolated snowflakes falling out of the sky this morning, I think the sun is trying to break through now. It is still cold (only at the freezing mark first thing this am), but it is supposed to warm up for the rest of the week . . . I hope, I hope.

BGL was 6.7 (121) this morning at 7 am. However, I know that I had a hypo about 4:30, because I woke up with all the symptoms and then sort of just went back to sleep instead of getting up to test and treat. When I finally did get up at 7, I thought it was Wednesday and so I weighed myself (it has been 4 weeks) and I'm down a 'magnificent' 3 pounds (my usual break-neck weight-loss speed) so I moved my ticker. Although I'd love to see a faster loss, I'm actually pleased with anything I get that moves in the right direction.

for everybody else . . . Hope the day is full of great moving and shaking stuff for everybody . . . see you all later . . .
Old 05-22-2007, 11:47 AM   #145  

Morning everyone.. everyone was up early this am except me i didnt want to get up.. then the dh asks me if i made coffee yet as im pulling the covers over my head gee whiz youd think he could make a pot of coffee and be quiet for an hr or so..then he let daisy loose and that was it..she pounced all over me so i got up ugh..my sl was 134 this mornign to high..i had a fozen berry smoothie later in the evening maybe thats why the high numbers..or it could be stress.. alot of that going on around here..meowee glad the plumbers came..hope the bill doesnt send you into cardiac arrest..congrats on the loss and maybe you are enjoying sunshine today..its cloudy here.. hi mr ken..its quiet in here alot esp on weekends..how's your life going? not sure whats on the agenda today.. actually i dont feel like doing a thingwhatever your all doing hope its great for u all ((((hugs)))) rosey
Old 05-22-2007, 12:50 PM   #146  

Height: 5.6

Hi everyone!!

My sl were pretty good this morning.... 115 (ok not the best) but by lunch is was 92

Meowee - way to go on the loss! Hope the bill is better than you are thinking........

Akrosey - My levels are always higher when I am stressed.... I hope you take the day and relax....

I worked out for 45 minutes yesterday at the gym at work...

Tonight I am going to Curves....

When I weigh-in on Monday or Tuesday - I am hoping for happy things....

Glenn- I think everyone was watching the season finale's last night... well, at least that's where I was... LOL

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 02:08 PM   #147  

Morning all, Looks like im checking in a lil late well basics first. 104 bsl this am. looks like i have the whole blood sugar thing mastered, just need to get the weight loss part mastered oh well can't have it all right. not much going on around here. im looking forward to going home this weekend though. i miss my family, mostly my nieces and nephew, those kids are my heart. I also have to start planning a bacheorette party. I already scoped out the strippers , i swear its like being a kid in the sexiest candy store lol can't wait to post the pictures from that nite! im going to weigh in on friday because i know a 3day weekend back home will kill a diet. my family is from the south which equals, bacon in everything, deep FRIED, and a pound of butter! and man it tastes so good too lol well im off to pretend to work .. ttfn
Old 05-22-2007, 03:18 PM   #148  

Just a fly by to let you all know I am still alive and kicking! My bs is still all over the place. I was hoping the increase in exercise would bring it down in the mornings, but I am still running between 130 and 160. So frustrating after having almost a year of those perfect 90 to 120 readings.

My sister in law is in town and coming for dinner. I have been cleaning all day, and I have NO idea what I am going to fix for dinner. I have chicken fillets defrosting. I better hurry and decide! She will be here in 3 hours! AND, I have to go with my hubby to pick up his truck from the shop. I am carless, or I would head out to the store and get what I need for chicken piccatta. I have a taste for it...

Later!
Old 05-22-2007, 04:10 PM   #149  
stbakd

glad to hear plumbing is fixed cat woman. glen
Old 05-22-2007, 05:15 PM   #150  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - let's just say my bg's have been bouncing the past few days. I got off track having the grands here over the weekend.

Meowee - you have been having mechanical gremlins at your house I believe. I hate water heater problems - it's such a mess when they go.

Glen & Meowee - It's been cool here today too - only 91 today. brrrrrrrr

akrosey - what area of ak are you in? I love your state. I had a cousin (now deceased) who taught school in Ft. Yukon from the early 60's until she went blind from her diabetes. Then she ran the blind center in Anchorage until she died. I used to go spend time with her every summer until she died, and fell in love with the state. My mom lived there for many years too. Went to visit friends, and lived there for 8 years.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.
Closed Thread