Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 07:12 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Dieting with Diabetes - February '07

Here we go -- it's a brand new month -- a whole new start for our continuing journey down that long winding path to better health and fitness.

If you are a continuing member . . . to our new monthly chat thread. Glad you could make it.

If you are a brand new member . . . as well as the new chat thread, and to the Diabetes Support forum. Please drop in to the "Getting to Know You" thread to read a little about some of us and to tell us a little about yourself.

I'll be looking forward to seeing less of you, more often, gang . . . have a great moving and shaking kind of day . . . keep doing the best you can, as much as you can, and the rewards will follow.

Last edited by meowee; 02-01-2007 at 07:25 AM.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:32 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning, gang . . .

I'm feeling fairly chipper this morning and the sun is shining on Atlantic Canada. What more could anybody ask for . . . more hairy frogs, of course. Love those frogs.

Have a great day, gang . . . see you all later. Keep things moving and shaking.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:40 AM   #3  
stbakd

hi meowee. are you better? glen
Old 02-01-2007, 07:34 PM   #4  

Hi meowee,Glen and anyone else i missed.

Today I had 1 cup of shrimp with waldens shrimp sauce.I mixed a teaspoon of horse radish in the sauce. It sure clears your nose...
Does horse radish come from a horse?

My ribs are aching from coughing with a chest cold so not very hungry today.
Just fixed myself some Celestial seasons sleepytime tea and hope it makes me sleepy. It is lightly snowing and cold outside. I need my heaty pad
Old 02-01-2007, 09:57 PM   #5  

Hey everyone! I am making a wedding cake for tomorrow night, so I baked all day. While the cakes were in the oven, I played with my porcelain clay. I made some frog and fish salt and pepper shakers and a slab built vase. I plan to experiment with the vase and use a cool technique I read about. I had so much fun with the clay, I hated to have to work on the stupid cake.

CAITLYN: I LOVE Sleepytime tea! I get the extra, and it seems to help me sleep. Stay warm! And NO, horseradish is an herb! Silly!

MEOWEE: I am glad you are feeling better! Enjoy the sunshine! We had a drizzly freezing rain all day. No snow, like they had up in the mountains were I go each week....glad I missed it. They had five inches, which is a lot for Georgia!

HEFTY: Hey! Hope you are doing well!

ROSEY:

REBA:

to anyone I missed!
Old 02-02-2007, 02:15 PM   #6  

Hey everyone..my heart is broken.. we lost our little dog..she must have been injured worse than even the vets thought..we love our pets like family,and she will be missed..hope all is well with everyone..((( ))) rosey
Old 02-02-2007, 02:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/205/120 PREGNANT!

Rosey - So sorry about the doggy I know if I lost one of my babies (cats are like babies, right? ) I would be devastated.

Off to clean house....ughhhhhhhh

.susan.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #8  
Onward and Downward

ROSEY . . . . . . So sorry to hear about your poor little fur-baby. Remember, she has now gone to a better place with no more pain and suffering in her future.

GLEN . . . . . . Thanks, boyyo . . . I'm feeling a lot better, but not exactly cooking on all burners yet. Hope things are going good for you.

CAITLYN . . . . . . Hope you are soon feeling better, girl. Glad you've still got your sense of humour, though. Just don't start using that other "horse" product - glue - as something to be sniffed to clear your sinuses.

MONET . . . . . . I bet the cake will be a real success, though the salt and pepper shakers will definitely last longer. Stay warm.

And the good news is . . . The "Triangulation of Eastern Rodents" -- that's Shubenacadie Sam (in Nova Scotia); Punksutawney Phil (in Pennsylvania); and Wiarton Willy (in Ontario) -- actually agreed this morning -- no shadows were seen in any of those three locations! So Winter is definitely on the way out. YIPPEE . . . but can you really believe a bunch of lying little groundhogs? Oh wow, I hope so.

Other than that, nothing is new around here. We still have a storm warning, but so far, nothing much as developed and I really hope it stays that way. You all keep things moving and shaking gang. See you soon.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey y'all,

well, it was a cloudy dreary cold day here... but not cold enough for snow.... I think to have a little snow would be fun! After all, I live in the south and it would shut everything down for the hour or so it was around...

Today I had an EGD... still feeling the effects of the versed and demerol- so if this doesn't make sense, blame it on me feeling dopey....I was fasting until after the test- which meant it was after 2 when I ate... but my bs did ok... it was 82 before the test and I think she told me 108 after the test (remember- I was a little sleepy at the time)... anyway, there was an area of inflamation in my stomach and they did a biopsy- think it may be a bacterial infection. It will be 1-2 weeks before the biopsy report is back.... if it's that, I'll be put on antibiotics.... i just know I'm ready to feel better....

Rosey- sorry to hear about your baby. Yes, our pets are like children!

Meowee- glad that you are feeling better.

Caitlyn- maybe I need to try some of that horseradish for my nose

Monet- your pottery sounds like fun!

to everyone!
Old 02-03-2007, 12:15 PM   #10  

roseyI am very sorry your heart is aching so badly right now over the loss of your little dog? What was your dogs name? Here is a poem called """"Rainbow Bridge""

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

RebaR,I hope they find whats wrong with your tummy soon so you can get to feeling better.

meowee, you don't sniff the horseradish,you eat it and its so strong it makes your eyes water and nose clear.

sudenly susan, house cleaning is a naughty word............lol. Especially cleaning the toilets. I'd love to have a alarm installed that blasted off when one of the men missed the target.

Monet,I loved reading about you making those clay shakers! That takes talent! Do you form the shakers with your fingers and tools while the clay spins?
Monet, another kind of tea I like is called (Bigelow spiced caramel chia tea) I use sugar free,Davinci chia tea to sweeten it with.

Glen! hello to you

My husband has asked me to stay home today since i got bronchitis. He has worked 22 hours overtime with a sinus infection,102 fever and bronchitis. I told him he is the one who needs to be in bed.
He is on antibiotics so I am praying he gets well soon.

My daughter is getting a new living room set today and wants me to come and help her pick out window treatments for all the windows, to match the new set. I am gonna try to go because she wants me to see it so bad.

Have a great day all.

Caitlyn
Old 02-03-2007, 04:45 PM   #11  

Hi everyone.. even tho im sad and have a hole in my heart i must get busy and embrace life..my dogs name was molly caitlyn and thankyou for the lovely poem.. thanks to all for the kind words..we have pets in our lives that become family and they brighten our world while they are with us..molly gave me lots of joy..i started my quilted wall hanging today..lots of putsy work and applikay(sp?) they are Mckenna Ryan patterns(you can find them in e-bay) with my own twist..alaskan themed with mountains, lakes ,bears ,and moose..since we have alog home they will fit in well..they should keep me busy..rebar hope you are feeling better.. you to meowee and caitlyn..monet my dad was a potter and i used to play with his stuff when i was a kid but could never get the hang of it..your stuff is beautiful..susan i hate house work and the dust bunnies are usually giving me rasberries getting company is a good motivator for me im great at procastinating..hello to all who are absent.. have awonderful weekend((((hugs))) rosey
Old 02-03-2007, 05:00 PM   #12  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Looks like the threatened snow storm missed us yesterday . . . so I guess we are a little ahead . . . but we've been having icy drizzle all day today, and, in a lot of ways, I think that is far worse . . . I really, really hate ice. It scares the everlovin' begeezzes out of me.

Oh the human body is such a mysterious beast . . . as I mentioned on Wednesday, at my official WWI I was up for the second week in a row . . . actually all the way up to 241.6, or 4.6 pounds above my ticker. This morning I clambered on the scale out of curiosity and it says 235.4. Obviously I did not lose 6.2 pounds (a calorie deficit of 217,000) in three days. Maybe the anesthetic is finally out of my system and I'm getting back to normal. I certainly hope today is the more accurate number, but only the scale- knows for sure what it will be by this coming Wednesday. Sorry for running of at the mouth, guess that's just my way of saying it's a long and winding road we are travelling and it doesn't pay to get too upset over the little bumps along the way.

REBA . . . . . . Hope those results come back good, girl. Your post made perfect sense, BTW.

CAITLYN . . . . . . What a beautiful poem. Wish my eyes would stop watering . . . must be getting a cold, or something. Hey, that's a joke and my comment about the horse-radish and the glue sniffing was meant to be one, too. Obviously one that failed miserably. I do know that you eat horseradish. :o

Hi to all the rest of you, too. Hope you are all having a great moving and shaking weekend, kiddies. Keep on doing the good stuff. See you soon.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:41 AM   #13  

Default Hi there

Hi I am new here and I hope I am not writing in this thread twice the first one did not go.
I am a type 2 diabetic and need to lose 40 lbs, I am around 180, goal is 140.
I am trying to stay low carb as much as I can.

I am from Kansas and I am a caregiver for my dh who is in the last stages of emphysema. I need to take care of my health so I can take care of him. I have 3 children and 4 grandchildren and my daughter is marrying soon a man who has two children so then I will have 6 grands. Have a dog named Sammy a Bichon Frise and a spoiled little guy.

Rosey, I am so sorry about your little dog. I know how you feel as we have lost 2, it never gets easy to lose them as they are part of the family. Sammy sleeps with my dh and is so much company to him since he cannot leave the house because of his emphysema.

There is still snow and ice on the ground here. I am ready for spring big time.

Have a wonderful Sunday Ladies,
Shirl
Old 02-04-2007, 02:28 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Ah, Rosey, my heart aches for you. Our fur babies are so precious to us and leave big holes in our lives when they are gone.

Shirl2004, to the Diabetes Support Thread. You are wise to take some time to care for yourself. I did that hard job for several years and know how draining it can be.

My BGL was up a wee bit this morning from the stress of dealing with no running water but things are back to normal now. I'm out to get in a bit of cardio by shovelling this cold white stuff that seems to have blanketed my car and walkways!
Old 02-04-2007, 05:00 PM   #15  
Onward and Downward

Hope everybody is having a great Sunday . . .

SHIRL . . . . . . Welcome to the Diabetes Forum and welcome to the monthly chat thread. We love to get new members. This is a wonderful place for a little extra support from a bunch that definitely knows how difficult this little disease can make losing weight. . . Most of us have put a bit of history into the Sticky Thread called GETTING TO KNOW YOU. When you have a chance pop over and find out about us and tell us a little more about yourself, too. Now don't you forget to come back to chat on a regular basis. We will all be looking forward to seeing a lot less of you a lot more often now that you've found us.

RUTH . . . . . . So glad to hear you finally have some of those 'mod cons' again. Now don't you bother sending any of that pretty white sparkly stuff further East . . . okay?

Okay, Chicks and Glen . . . I'm proud to tell you I finally cleaned up a good year of filing. I have a bad, bad habit of letting things pile up instead of putting the paid bills and other "keeper" stuff away right away. When I finally tackle it, it takes hours and hours to sort it all out into the right files. Of course, then I say, "I will do better from now on" . . . but I never do.

Time to go think about my dinner . . . salad and something as usual, I imagine. I am such a creature of habit. Luckily, I really like vegetables. Anyway, everybody . . . have a great moving and shaking evening . . . I'll see you soon.
Closed Thread