Easy Lemon Pie

9 inch pie pan
1 small Cook N Serve Sugar Free vanilla pudding
1 small Sugar Free Lemon Jell-O
3/4 cups of water
3/4 cups half & half
6 oz cream cheese
*1/2 tsp lemon extract (optional)

In a saucepan: mix pudding, jello, and water, half & half well. Bring to boil. Remove from heat, add cream cheese and whisk together while it melts. Pour into pie pan and refrigerate until set.

You can made a crust for this with ground almonds (you could use pecans), 4 packets of splenda, and butter; pressed into the bottom of the pie pan and prebake @ 350 until browned a bit; 6-8 minutes.
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 10:14 PM   #2  
hara hachi bu

Yum! I was just looking for a reasonable dessert for my Thanksgiving menu. Thank you!
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 08:12 AM   #3  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Sorry, I'm going to sound ignorant here, but what is "half and half"? I've never heard that term before.

Also, what is a 'small' package of jello? We have 4-serve packages that we usually mix with 500ml of water. Would that be the equivalent of a small package?

This sounds delicious and I LOVE lemon flavoured ANYTHING, so would like to give this a try.

Thanks for any and all answers.

Zelma
ZedAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 08:36 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Zelma, half and half is sold here in the states in the dairy section near the milk. Its 1/2 cream and 1/2 milk mixed together. Its a lighter version of cream and is usually used in coffee.

Yes, the smaller packages of jello is the 4 serving package. They make a bigger one but I'm not sure of the serving size.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:15 PM   #5  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Cool Carbs in "Easy Lemon Pie Recipe"?

Has anyone figured in carbs in Easy Lemon Pie?

How many carbs in a cup of half and half?

THANKS!
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:52 AM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyfanny View Post
How many carbs in a cup of half and half?
9 net carbs in a cup of half and half. 20 net carbs in a 4-serving size box of cook & serve sf vanilla pudding. 4.8 net carbs for 6 oz. cream cheese.

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 07-21-2008 at 12:00 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:51 AM   #7  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Cool Thanks for the carb count! (sorta)

Thank you for taking time to answer questions and offer encouragement. You're great not to forget those of us mired in the tubby after you've lost so much weight. I'm having trouble making myself count each carb.

I think I just want to do what I want to do without having to account to anyone, including myself. But look where that attitude got me...from a size 8 to a 22...not good. I have to find a way to count BEFORE I eat. I'm eating only the induction foods, but I'm not counting every carb - so I'm sure I've been over the 20 carb limit - and I don't measure food. My grandmother said of me before I was 20, "Two people in this world who will get what they want are Juicey and Dinah." I'm the Juicey. I have to turn the determination to have it my way into a determination to work this program honestly and correctly. I can see the "my way" at work in relationships, my job, financial decisions - you name it. Many times, the attitude and determination have helped me be very successful; at other times, it's led to disaster. I have to think about this - I've never thought about it this way before.

No more easy lemon pie for me; I made it before you reminded us that we aren't to use the pudding mixes and other prepared stuff in induction.

How did you record your carbs so you could keep track of them every day? I'm thinking I will need to be on induction for several months; I have so much to lose, and I'm not good at moderation or gradual changes. What do you think?
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:06 PM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

If you've got determination, it can work positively for you. Some people like being in total control & not admitting at times, we all could use a little help. Sometimes our "determination" can hurt us because we are so focused on getting what we want...we don't see the whole picture. You have to remember, you did not put this weight on overnite and you are not going to take it off overnite. Its going to take time & you are going to have to learn to be patient. You will have your frustrating & discouraging moments...but...you have to have the determination to say, "I am going to do this because I CAN!!!" If you really want to be in control of something...be in control of what goes in your mouth. Control your food...don't allow your food to control you!! Don't be afraid to say to others "I'm on a weight loss plan" so they know there are certain foods you won't be eating. Make family aware of this as well. If they are supportive...wonderful...if they aren't, do not let it prevent you from staying on plan! You must be determined to do this for you!!

My suggestion to you would be to print out a few copies of the acceptable foods list for Induction: http://www.atkins.com/Program/FourPh...FoodsList.aspx
Tape one to your fridge...carry another with you in your handbag...keep one in your desk at work...and do NOT eat anything that is not on that list. Things like this easy lemon pie & low carb ice cream...should be used as OCCASSIONAL treats (not everyday!) provided they contain Induction friendly ingredients. Concentrate on mainly veggies & salad (from the acceptable foods list). Read and re-read your book, refer to it when you are unsure of something.

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote