Old 02-02-2008, 09:17 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 308/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

OMG! This is so good! I live upstairs from a grocery store so when I read this I went right down and got the ingredients. I made it with devils food cake mix and cherry coke zero (not sure how this differs from diet cherry coke, but no calories regardless). I opted for cupcakes so I wouldn't need to use oil and could portion control better. I also quartered some maraschino cherries and put one piece in the center of some of the cupcakes (wish I would have put one in all! Really added to the flavor!) Plain, they're great - texture is slightly different than regular but still tasty! Top off with a teaspoon of lite whipped topping and I can't tell the difference from the real thing! Even my fiance loves them, and he can be picky! Thank you so much whoever thought of this recipe!

Oh, another great thing about making cupcakes - I used the medium sized pampered chef scoop to divide the batter, and got a little over 24 cupcakes (I put extra in a couple of them so that I wouldn't have to run the oven for 2-3 more!) That would put each cupcake at less than 80 calories and slightly more than one gram of fat each!

Not gonna lie, these little guys put me a little over my calories for the day, but WAY less than if they were the regular ones and if I weren't watching everything else I ate! And now that I've had my fix, the rest can be put out of sight, frozen, or sent with the neighbors so I don't go overboard again
alliegater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/198/150

Height: 5'7"

I've tried that recipe.Love it.Try different kinds of cake mix & diet drinks.
I've made devils food & Sunkist,vanilla & Sprite,tried vanilla & root beer...
not too great,but edible.
I too make cupcakes,easier to manage.
bec
beliter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:51 PM   #18  
I can do this

I need to try these recipes out. They all sound so yummy.
Brandelyn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:35 PM   #19  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

A similar recipe is one can of pureed pumpkin (with no added spices, some pumpkin "pie fillings" have added cinnamon and such) and a box of cake mix. The batter is so thick, I was very much tempted to add more liquid - except the recipe on Hungry Girl website said the batter will seem thick, don't add extra liquid.

I was asked to bring some type of quick bread (banana, nut...) for Thanksgiving, so I brought pumpkin/carrot and pumpkin/chocolate muffins made this way. To the devil's food chocolate cake mix, I added a can of pumkin and put in muffin tins. To the carrot cake though, I added about 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts and a handful of dried apricots. I didn't figure the calories for the carrot cake as I wasn't planning on eating them. But the pumpkin added like 10 calories to each serving (1/12 or recipe).

I stopped at a bagel shop to get flavored cream cheese for the non-dieters to spread on their muffin if they wanted. Shouldn't have bothered as no one added cream cheese, and raved about both types.

I thought I would taste the pumpkin in the chocolate muffins, but I really didn't. They were just dense, fudgey muffins. So good.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:38 PM   #20  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Kaplods,

I recently did a similar thing with Vitamuffin mix http://vitabakingmixes.com/bakingmix_product_info.html

I added pumpkin and it was sooo good. Made little 80 calorie chocolate muffins.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:18 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Hi-new to this web site, just always looking for a new recipe. I did try the angel food with pumkin, and I added dried cranberries and raisins to the dry ingredients, then I put them in the large foil muffin cups, {I found that when I put them in the regular muffin pans they stick, since you can't spray the pan with non stick spray} They are 2pts each. I also make my DH a cake for his birthday, the pineapple cake mix and a can of crushed pineapple, but the cake was so moist that I found it hard to slice, so maybe I will try cupcakes next time. Then a dollop of ff whip cream, yummy!!
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:44 PM   #22  

I tried making cupcakes using this recipe. I mixed white cake mix with Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. In my mind I thought it'd be a terrific combo, but it was too sweet and kind of gross. I think I might use chocolate cake mix next time.
2fat2jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:50 AM   #23  
Blonde Bombshell

S/C/G: 164/133/136

Height: 5'8''

I've made this the past 2 weekends for my boyfriend and his friends---the first was a lemon cake with Diet sierra mist, and the one today was Strawberry cake with Diet Sprite. Both had Light Cool whip as a topping, and they loved both...most of them ate at least 2 pieces! They liked the strawberry one better though..I think it was a bit moister. I think next I will try the orange cake, yum! What about butter pecan cake mix? any suggestions for what to put in it?
KatieLeighVOLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:05 AM   #24  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Diet Cream Soda might be good!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:57 AM   #25  
The Last 10lbs!

I made brownies last night with Diet Coke and they were really good! I fed them to my friends and asked if they could tell me what my "secret" ingredient was The only thing I found was that the brownies were really sweet and not that chocolate-y... though it was probably just the mix I used. Still, for 2 points for a big brownie, I don't mind!!

Last edited by freedomreins; 05-05-2008 at 05:58 AM.
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:25 AM   #26  
Queen Cynic

S/C/G: 275/255/135

Height: 5'5"

I made the angel food cake with diet 7up (even though all it required was water... what a dope I am!) and I split the mix up between two pie tins. On one I put FF Cool Whip with FF/SF Pistachio pudding and put some pistachios on top. On the other one I did FF/SF cheesecake flavored pudding and sliced strawberries. I put 5 chocolate-covered strawberries for an accent (my BF ate them all so no chocolate for me). It was delicious!
LitaScarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:43 PM   #27  
ydkj05

Kinda of a silly question but does the diet coke need to be cold or room tempature? Or does it matter. Thanks
ydkj05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #28  
Step away from the buffet

S/C/G: Hi294.4/Restart 276/ticker/180

Height: 5'10

Has anyone tried freezing the leftovers (say, cupcakes for instance?) How do they freeze/thaw? I am assuming you would freeze them un-frosted. Can't wait to try this for hubby birthday in July!
Hello Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:26 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

Height: 5'5"

If you over stir it will cause problems with the cake being flat. I learned that this week at my WW meeting.
Sheena41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:50 PM   #30  

I probably missed this in one of the replies, but, what is the pop replacing? Is it just the cake mix and the diet pop with no eggs and oil? Sorry if this is a repeat question. Just curious.
determined09 is offline   Reply With Quote