Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-23-2006, 09:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Chat ~ Oct 23 thru 29

good morning gang

It is absolutely beautiful here this morning in Louisiana. Crisp and cool and blue skies

What's everybody up to today? I'm at work of course.

How is everybody feeling?

Hope it's a BLESSED day!

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:16 PM   #2  
Walking by faith

Wink Hi Cathy..and everybody

It's a beautiful FALL day here in SE Georgia! I can't believe it's only 64 F! It seems like it's been in the 80's forever

Leenie: Please let us know how you did at the doctor's office! Were you able to get your pain meds? I'm praying for you

Sassy: I'm sorry your co-workers are being such . A friend shared in Sunday School yesterday about having a hard time with a woman in her office. She said, 'She just needs to try to make me feel bad because she feels bad about herself.' Sad, but true. Just come in here when you need a hug

CIN: How was your weekend with your grandkids ?

Liz: Stop in and say hi

WW is tomorrow..I've been doing pretty well food-wise. I'm just praying to finally get below the BIG '3' on the scale. My DH has been counting points along with me..he's lost almost 30 pounds! MEN! I'm actually proud of him!

Hope everyone is having a marvelous Monday!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:38 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone

Rainy and cold here in north central British Columbia! Had my little light going while I made lunched this morning.

Hope everyone is doing better today.
I'm cold and tired and have no energy, I think its finally TOM, I was due on the second. Hopefully I'll perk up after a nap or something

Anyway hope everyone has a great day and take care of yourselves,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:21 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girls,

Cathy its a windy cold day here too... feels like the 40's but its prob in the 50's. The wind always makes it worse.

Joanne, I'm proud of you and DH for doing WW. I think WW is an awesome plan. Congratulations to you for the 16 lbs WHOOOT!!!

Buddly, that dang ol Aunt Flo visit... I hate it too. Hang in there and rest up while you can.....feel better.

I went to the doc and they did some xrays.....its my degenerative disc that is getting worse... nothing he can do cept physical therapy...he gave me different drugs (which I can't remember, the prescriptions are in my car) and he wants to have my feet checked out b/c that could be throwing me off too. I'm glad I didn't have any fractures b/c when I fell 1 month ago I really jolted myself and I thought hmmmmmmm maybe I did something then that caused my back to go out this bad and for this long. I told him about dragging my leg when I walk and he said thats b/c I need to strengthen up my back and leg... its all related to the degenerative disc. Anyway... I am better today than yesterday.. I can sit more w/out being in tears LOL.

DD has a sock hop to go to tonight, I'll be in the kitchen cooking hotdogs and rootbeer floats for the kiddlets Should be fun.

Have a great evening everyone...
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 04:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/191/150

Hi all

It a great sunny day here in Edmonton! Thank goodness, the rain & clouds combined with shorten days were making me SAD.. I had a good weekend, it was my birthday! Had a sleep over with a few friends.. I know I am old but it was still alot of fun.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Kinda excited about holloween this year. I decided to dress up as well!

I am going to be a slutty goth or alien.. I have not decided yet!
Nicklewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:18 PM   #6  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies.

Thanks Joanne. Your right. I can't beleive how mean people can be and its all because they feel so badly about themselves. I am just flat out ignoring them!

Well went to the dr today. As I suspected it wasn't good. My A1C (checks my blood sugars for 3 months) was extremely high. My cholestrol also went up, not terribly, but still went up. So I have to be really good. My dr wants me to be really good for a month and see what a difference it makes. He wants to see if I can get my sugar and cholestrol levels down naturually. I am on diabetic medication which he increased.

So I got a bunch of books at the 1/2 priced book store to read up on. I bought Sugar Busters, a book on Diabetes and a book called skinny witches only you know what the real word is. lol. I am going to start taking my Fish Oil Pills 3 X's a day (lowers cholestrol). This along with a healthy diet and exercise I can bring down my cholestrol. I have done it before. So I KNOW i can do it. Now I have to also bring down my blood sugars.

So per my dr. NO soda period. Water, water and more water. Which is fine I do love water, the hardest part will be when I'm working. But I can do this I know I can do it. I am just looking at one month for now. If I can do this for one whole month, then I know I can do this forever! I mean after I get my BS (Blood Sugar) down and cholestrol down and lose weight, then I think I would then be able to be more flexible and have an occasional goodie.

Hub and I figure that for ONE meal a week we can "splurge" so we aren't going insane. I think that would be okay, one MEAL a week? AS long as we don't go totally nutso. lol.

So its back to the Y and exercising. My dr wants me to walk in the pool so that my joints don't suffer and that I'm not in excruciating pain. So now I have to find a bathing suit that I don't have to quit breathing in to fit into.

Well that is about all. Tomorrow is the gyn. what a way to spend my time off! lmao.

Oh P.S.........I am also back on my anti-depressant, Wellbutrin XL, 150 mg. for now then I will be taking the 300 mg.

Also we saw snow flakes today!!!!!!!

I hope you all are doing well.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

good morning everyone!

Leenie, firstly I'm glad you are in less pain. I have a bad lower back too. Physiotherapy takes awhile to show improvement, but I swear by physiotherapists. I haven't had trouble with my back for nearly 2 years now after spending the better part of 2 summers ago laying on my back on the floor with a bag of frozen peas and crying everytime I had to get up and do something. Even now, I go back to the physio every 6 months to see where I'm at and she increases the "strength" of my program. They seem like such diddly exercises that they would never do anything, but man! they be sneaky efficient tricksters!!

Sassy, I use the Crystal Lite single servings and put them into my 500 mL bottle of water. I am not a water drinker and I have really cut back on the pop. In fact, reading your post made me wonder when I had last had one. I had a glass of diet pepsi with a meal this week in a restaurant... first one I've had in over a month! This, coming from the gal who could easily drink a 2L bottle of diet Dr. Pepper in an evening.

Homebound, be sure to let us know how you do today at that scale!! You go, girl!

Buddly & Nickelwise, hope you are both feeling better today.

Cathy, how's that exercise going? I'm ashamed to admit I hadn't been to gym in over 2 months due to work being so busy. But I got there last night and did a light workout, so I'll be back at it now.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:28 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning Ladies,

Sassy, I'm glad you went to the doctor pheeewww! The pool is excellent exercise for people with joint pain... trust me I know this first hand. I wish our swimming season here in NJ wasn't so short b/c I would swim every day. My friend takes fish oils (omega 3, 6) and her cholesterol dropped an amazing amount of #'s just by taking them. The doc was amazed. Lookes like to me you and your DH have a good plan in place **hugs**

Judo, glad your back is better...there's nothing worst than not being able to move, sit or stand w/out constant pain. My doc gave me different meds to use for pain... Propoxnaps Ace100... so we'll see if it works. He also gave me a sleeping aid b/c my back wakes me up several times a night... well last night I took one and it did not help. I was in 1/2 dream state, and 1/2 awake... weird. Anyway... that'll be my story LOL. I just took the pain killer so I'll see how that does.

Nickle, good to see ya girlie.. dressing up for halloween is fun, I wanted to do it but have no clue what to dress up as. What are you going as? SAD here too... to early IMHO..but it seems alot of us are starting early this year. Maybe its the nasty cold weather.

Well kiddies back to work... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!! lol jk
Old 10-25-2006, 10:11 AM   #9  

Hello all. It's been a while since I've visited the board. Things are going well. I'm back on WW's and more determined than ever to lose the weight. I'm back on my meds as well. Didn't have much of a choice in that matter.
SKermie17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:22 AM   #10  
~Believe~

Hi Ya Ladies!

Keeping Warm Everybody? It got down to 28 degrees (F), which is -2.22 (C) lastnight. Tonight its 37, but it is 74 in our apt with NO heat on! One benefit I guess from living in an upstairs apt!

Judo -- thanks. Yes my hubby loves the Crystal Lights too, as he doesn't like water that much either. Me I would rather drink water, but I do like Crystal Lights Raspberry Ice and their Lemonade. Hub likes their Peach Tea the best but he can't have tea right now. Have U tried the Wal-mart brand version of Crystal Light? That is what hub gets and he loves it and its a lot cheaper too!

Leenie -- We joined the local Y here so they have inside pools that can be used year round. I think they actually have a "Walking Pool" just for that purpose. Yes Fish Oil pills are great, they helped lower mine last time and also have helped my in-laws too.

Today hub had a completely awful day, won't go into all of it, but since he did we didn't go to the Y today. Maybe tomorrow if he is up too it.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

hey gang
I've been really busy. sorry I haven't been around the past few days. I'm going shopping with my mom and sister and nieces in San Marcos, Texas for the next few days so I'll be back on the computer on Tuesday.
Hope everybody has a great week and weekend!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:30 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Ladies,

Just popping in to say hello. I'll be back later to try to catch up.
Cathy enjoy the trip and be safe.

BBL
Old 10-27-2006, 05:02 PM   #13  
~Believe~

Hey all.

Well I unexpectly got my exercise in this morning, after work. Our car died and we had to walk home a mile and a half in the rain and mostly all uphill. But we made it.

Okay so most of you who walk regularly may say, "Big Deal". Well for this FC it is a HUGE deal. I was ill all night at work as well as I have a spinal injury and my back was killing me while walking. (that is why my dr wants me to walk in a pool.)

But we made it. I didn't think I would make it, but I did. Hub and I helped each other.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:34 PM   #14  
~Believe~

Hey all. Feeling much better after some good sleep. It was actually 1.7 miles uphill. But we made it!

Just wanted to say I'm in much better spirits now.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:10 AM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning

TGIS WHOOOOOOOOT boy girls, this was the longest week ever !! I'm glad its over.

Sassy I know how you must have felt walking UP hill uhhhhhhhh !!!! and 1.5 miles is a HUGE deal for me too. I probably would have cried when I got home LOL. How are you today?

Kermie Sorry I didn't say that earlier, during the week I am at work and its hard to post when the ol boss is there... we're glad your here and welcome back.

Cathy have fun in TX shopping.... buy me a surprise

Judo, I'm glad to hear you've had no problems in 2 years..... thats a great accomplishment. I remember when I was on the Atkins diet.... I had no back pain and my arthritis was NIL. Imagine that. How are you? How's DD?

Nickle, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY :bd: Sorry I missed that in your post earlier....gee could it be all the pain and the pain killers I've been taking lately lolololol. Hope you had a great day.

Its raining here like mad!!! I have no plans on getting out of my pj's today. DD is laying on the couch watching all the halloween cartoons snuggled under the covers lol. We have a halloween birthday party to go to tomorrow and we are going to make monster toe cookies for it.

Other than that.... its another weekend of trying to relax to get the kinks out of my back. I feel ALOT better but not 100% it still hurts like a bugger when I sit. I stopped the pain killers yesterday afternoon just because I don't like to take pills....period! and they were upsetting my stomach....yeah that'll do it.

Whats new with you all this weekend? any parties?