Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-04-2006, 10:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/174.8/132

Height: 5' 4"

Default Sensitivity, depression, and OCD

I am a very sensitive person taking words a little too personal at times and dwelling on unnecessary things. I'm sure this plays into my depression. Some days are great I can only think positive and some days I feel like a blob and everything around me is bad.

I have also found that i'm pretty sure I have Obsessive sompulsive disorder. My 13 year old son even pen pointed it out to me the other day as I was buying a bunch of lotto tickets and scratch offs looking on the internet for the best numbers to win; he says to me "Mom, are you obsessed?" Plain as day. I said "Yes, your mom has become obsessed" and then I moved onto something else. Once I start something, I get obsessed with it and everything else goes to pot around that simple or complex project. hey maybe I should have been an art major. LOL But once I have acomplished my goal or project I am done and have lost interest and don't want to do it anymore. Does this sound like OCD? Of course I am diagnosing myself. Is there meds that help with anxiety that don't take the "REAL YOU" or the good part of you away?
loveandlaughalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I can only address the sensitivity part. My doctor talked to me about inappropriate response. I was always wondering 'just what he meant by that' or flying into a nervous frenzy over things that ordinary folks just take in stride or worrying myself right out of starting things.
I did too become immersed in senseless things that would consume my attention exclusively for sometimes days on end.

There are many many kinds of emotional disorders. If you have patterns of activity that are interfering with your daily useful functioning, you need to speak to a professional.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote