Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-26-2006, 07:23 PM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default WalMart's $4.00 prescriptions

I take Lexapro, and was hoping it would be included in Walmart's $4 generic prescriptions ( I pay $72.00/month). Unfortunately, Lexapro ISN'T - but the pharmacist said Celexa is very similar chemically to Lexapro, and if I hadn't suffered any side effects from Lexapro, I should be able to take Celexa - or the generic equivalent, which would only be $4.00 a month!

I spoke to my doctor, and he okay'd it, and phoned in my prescription.

How nice of Walmart to save me $68.00 a month!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:09 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

That is good to hear that it saved you money. I take a lot of prescriptions and I am going to check and see if any of them are on their list to help me save money if possible. My insurance has a $50.00 co-pay on several of mine and I could certainly use the savings.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:26 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Not A Wal-mart Fan Here ~ But Great For You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/133/125

Height: 5'7"

I'm lucky to have great insurance, all of my medicine is only $3.00. And thank the Lord. My Seroquel costs $550 dollars for 90 pills. I got 90 pills today for $3.00. Thank you so much insurance.

My father, however, doesn't have any right now, so I'm hoping the majority of his are on Wal-Mart's list.
Diem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

The good news, is ultimately other pharmacies will follow suit in order to compete. I here Costco sells their prescriptions for about 1/3 what most pharmacies charge.

While we have good insurance now, but the copays are $10, $20, $30, and $40. We don't pay more than $20 for any one of our meds, but we are on about 25 meds between us until we hit our deductible. With surgeries this year for both of us, all our meds are $0 until January, but after January, we will not only have to pay the copays for our meds, but pay about $1000 a month for the premium through Cobra (hubby can't return to work because of bone and joint degeneration). I will be eligible for Medicare in May, but will have to get a supplement for meds. Only a couple of my many meds are on the Walmart list, but I'm hoping my doctor will be able to help me find substitues for several of the drugs I am taking (I'm also on lexapro as a sleep-aid for fibromyalgia).

All the years I had great insurance, I just took medication costs for granted. I think we'll be ok, but I feel so bad that some people just stop taking meds they need because they can't afford them.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:23 PM   #6  
plucky clucky

S/C/G: 228/228/130 or less

Height: 5" 5'

I don't have insurance at all right now so this will save me quite a bit. Thankfully I qualify for my Seraquel to be provided by the pharmacutical company so I can continue to take it.
Bravelilchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:00 PM   #7  
mom2cole

I work at Target and they are also doing the $4 prescription on some generics also. So if you don't like Wal-mart, Target might be the way to go. Target's pharmacy is usually a lot quieter so you get your prescriptions much faster about 15 minutes from when you drop off to when you pick up.
mom2cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:48 AM   #8  
Isa from Chile

S/C/G: 181/181/132

Height: 5.4

You guys are lucky. Here we have some medications who are part of a program from the goverment for generic drugs but mine are not there. Monthly i (well, my parents) pay 290 dollar for my medicacion, plus the doctors who are 100 dollars the visit. So most of the people here don`t get the right treatement. I spend more in drugs that what most familys here spend on living in a month (not most, but the low class). I`m lucky that my parents can afford it, we`re not rich but we have a good living, but i often think about what kind of treatement are having the rest of sick people in public hospitals having to wait a month, maybe more to get a doctor consult. I think that the goverment only helps with fluoxetine (generic) not prozac
ravotrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:19 PM   #9  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default oh well

well....after a couple weeks on the generic Celexa, I was spiraling into my previous bad place I had to call my doctor and ask for my Lexapro prescription again. I now see that I am very very willing to pay approx $2 a day for my..sanity

I don't know how something that is supposed to be so similar could NOT work as well for me, but it didn't.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote