Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 07:34 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Yep, just to echo, been there, done that, when I'm in binge eating mode.

My big ones were:

1. Making up constant excuses to go to the store, so I could pick up, oh, anything. Some carrot cake. Brownies. Donuts. An entire bag of those Smarties candies to eat in one sitting. Just, whatever. ("Surely I need light bulbs, everyone can use light bulbs on how, time to go to the store again!")

2. Making up non-existent people to buy food for.

3. Going to different fast food places, instead of the one further from home, so I wasn't eating so much fast food from one place in a week -- or in a day, depending on the binge.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:51 PM   #17  
I want a smaller wardrobe

S/C/G: 195.2/151/144

I'm right there with you. I have done all those things. Today I binged on "diet food" and several bowls of cereal and one day last week I binged on 2 king sized candy bars. A few years ago I would binge on those little powdered donuts every day and gained 30 pounds. Food is such a struggle for me. You are not alone.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:01 PM   #18  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I have done these things so many times. Buy a box of cookies and eat the whole thing, buy a box of ring dings and eat the whole thing. Buy 2 main courses at a fast-food restaurant all for me. Buy candy bars and just sit and eat them and so on and so on and so on. What the heck was I thinking??? What in the world made me think that that was okay??? If I just would have had one or 2 cookies or one ring ding or one main course I wouldn't be in the postion that I am right now. I also never thought of it as binging, because there was no purging. I must never go back to those old habits, it's just not normal. Anyway thanks for posting - it gave me the chance to confess and get some stuff off my chest.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:41 AM   #19  

Kate, and everyone else who posted about bingeing. THANK YOU! I have the exact same problem. I lost 22 lbs over the summer but i have totally fallen off the wagon and am starting to slip back into my bingeing ways. Fast food IS AN ADDICTION. Its horrible. The more you eat it the more you want. Often I find fast food occupying my mind. It makes me so sad. And while im eating it im thinking what the **** am i doing imjust gonna go home and go to bed?! But i can't stop. I find the only way to stop is just to STOP. and really try and destract yourself with other things like exercise while you want it.. thats what i did in the summer and i lost that weight.. and the more weight i lost, the better i felt and the more in control i felt. NOW i feel like im losing control again and im terrified.. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!
I need to get my *** to the gym again! I think im getting amember ship to the YMCA in the west end (im in edmoton) .. anyone wanna join me and help motivate eachtoher???

And Kate.. Im an RN too.. been one for ayear and i see soooo many overweight ppl with so many problems related to their weight and i want this to stop before i get that way too!
Old 10-16-2006, 09:34 PM   #20  

Fast food is totally an addiction, there is nothing like the McDonalds double cheeseburger and a sweet coke on ice!!! It has been years since I have binged on fast food, but I still think about it. Now, if I have been good (it's been awhile) I will go and get a happy meal for built in portion control.
My big thing is bakery items. Once I bought a whole Entemanns chocolate cake at the grocery store, I took it home and ate 90% of the thing that night - ALL BY MYSELF !! My husband was shocked. He didn't say anything about it, but I know that he was dissapointed and probably a little repulsed.
Now I do my best to keep it out of the house.
What really helps me keep out of the fast food drive thru is the price! That stuff is SO expensive, and I toooo cheap!!
Old 10-16-2006, 09:45 PM   #21  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I can remember going to the hospital gift shop where I worked and buying 4 candy bars at a time. Of course, i'd say they were for my kids. But, I would eat them all before I ever got home.

Also, as Larry the Cable Guy said my beside table" looked like a graveyard for Little Debbies" .
Closed Thread