Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-31-2006, 09:53 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekly Chat - July 31st - August 6th

Good Morning,

WBBL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning

busy around here this morning. they are hanging ceiling tiles in our office today. the floors are suppose to go in tomorrow, and then the last coat of paint on everything on Wednesday and hopefully we will be moving back in on Thursday and Friday. I'm praying everything goes smoothly this week and that I don't pass out in the heat from all the moving.

Hope everyone has a BLESSED day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

I am back from my family reunion. It was fun most of the time. My mom only pitched one fit. (amazing for her). We went into Yellowstone for a little bit on Sunday. Did some major hiking. One of the hikes we went on had a 600 ft incline in 3/8ths of a mile. Talk about a hike out. My calves are burning. This is an odd thing for me as I was a ballet dancer when I was younger and usually nothing gets to my calves. When I came home and told hubby that my calves were sore he was in shock. I think I am going to try to start running at some point today. I think it may be kind of fun. I found a couch to 5K program and I think I might like that. Not much else planned for today except clean house. My in-laws are coming at the end of next week, so off to cleaning I go.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:34 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

Trish glad you had a good time, it sounded wonderful. Running ??? you go girl, I think thats awesome...if they have a couch to bed program let me know LOLOL jk. GOOD LUCK !!! you can do it.

Cathy, ya survivin the heat? How's the new office, is everything back to order (can't remember if i asked this).

Nothing new today, I'm prob gonna run and get my hair trimmed but thats about it. Heat index is supposed to be 110 or so.

Good news about my niece, testing came back and she does not have cancer WHOOT! the tumors will keep growing so she'll have to have them removed every few months but lordy.... we'll take it !

Gotta run and get some things done.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:40 AM   #5  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

good morning

leenie good news bout your neice!
my dad goes in for heart surgery tomorrow.. i'm a wreck...
I think I might switch and take my lexapro at night as it makes me so tired during the day...
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:40 AM   #6  

good morning gang

Leenie - that is AWESOME news about your niece. so glad that there is no cancer!!!!

Trish - you are the only person I've heard this week say that "running might be kind of fun" good for you - you go girl!

Pansy - I pray that all goes well for your father's surgery. Please let us know how it goes. Hope you feel better too.

Leenie - the ceilings went in yesterday. they are putting in the floors today, tomorrow they will put the last coat of paint and sealer on everything, do the last of the electrical work and replace our glass doors that were torn up when the fire department had to get in. Forget what they are doing on Thursday but we hope to be moving back in on Friday....if everything goes as planned.

The heat is almost unbearable. Thankfully I am not out in that much but my guys and the guys at work are in it all the time. I do not know how they stand it.

where is the rest of our gang?

hope everyone has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
Old 08-01-2006, 03:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/155/125

Hey everyone!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far! It's finally cooled off.
This week is a big week for Reno, it's Hot August Nights which is a GIANT week long festival for classic cars, plus it's also it's 25th year, so the city is crazy right now. My hubby is infatuated with old cars, and we have some type of event to go to everynight. Not exactly my cup of tea.
But luckily my best friend chose this week to come up and visit her parents, so I have an excuse to skip out on some of the shows.

My mini schnauzer managed to get a bunch of cattails lodged in his eye. Poor thing, it's pretty infected. We're just hoping the antibiotics will clear it up and that he doesn't lost the eye. My 2 older boys have been crying about it all day.

YAY! School starts next week!!!!

Leenie- I'm so happy to hear about your niece! That is so awesome!!!

Pansy- My prayers are with you and family during your father's surgery. Keep us informed!

Trish- Glad you had a fun time during your reunion... Somehow miy family reunions always turn out like a bad sitcom. Ive been on quite a few hikes before at Yellowstone. They are Killer! One of them I believe is called Uncle Tom's Trail...down to the upper falls. I could barely walk for a week afterwards. Haven't done that in years. Maybe I should plan a trip, I'm feeling pretty motivated....

cathy- Hope all goes well with the floors and the tiles!!!

Well, I better go clean up the boys lunch mess!

Take Care!
4boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 08:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Today is one of those waiting-for-the-other-shoe-to-drop days. We need one more signature and then the sale of our house and the purchase of the one we want ... will all fall into place. We're waiting to hear.
Normally in that sort of scenario, I would sit nervously somewhere doing nothing because I could have to run at any moment. But I'm not going to do that today.
I'm also not going to clutter up the board with my checklists
I have some sorting and packing that I can do without any harm coming from stopping in the middle.
I've been for a walk.
I've had one nice little meal.
I'm going to eat regularly, tidy around, pack a bit ..... and if I have to ... run to the Real Estate office.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:23 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning

Keep cool everyone. Heat index today is 120 OY!!!

Cathy I'm glad they are almost ready to move you back, that had to be a PITA huh lol. How goes your exercise? I ask b/c I remember you having a hard time starting up again?

Purple.... PRAYERS for your Dad today.. Hugs and kisses to you, hang in there and please let us know how he does.

4boys4me.... I 'like' old cars too and wouldn't mind going to see a few but NOT every night LOLOL, it could be worse you know, your DH could drag you to home depot every night... now thats torcher ROFLMFAO!!! I bet your boys love the cars. Hope your puppy feels better

Susan good luck with the house *crossing fingers* When your done with your check list I have one for you lolol.

Nothing else is new today, SOSDD.... its hot lol
Old 08-02-2006, 09:41 AM   #10  

good morning gang

Leenie - girl you just keep asking away. I need somebody to keep my accountable, but about the exercise. I think I made the comment about "just having to get back to exercise" the day before the fire at work. Needless to say there just hasn't been any time for exercise as I've been at work early and leave late and most of the time don't get time during lunch to do what I need to do. Seems I spend my lunch hour doing stuff for the office. Soooooooooo when we get back in the office and I can catch my breath, it is on the top of my list of things to get back to.

Hey Susan - that is great that you've already gone for a walk this morning. I hope that all goes well with the last signature and that everything falls into it's glorious place. Don't ya just love it when that happens! :-)

4boy4me - it sounds like you have a busy week. Hope you enjoy your time with your friend.

Isn't this heat wave just unbelieveable!!!! everybody try to stay cool.
hugs & blessings,
Cathy
Old 08-02-2006, 10:09 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 232 just getting started on it

HELLO EVERYONE!!

4boys-I hope your dog's eye gets better soon!

Leenie- Glad to hear the good news about your neice. Sounds like she still has some obstacles to overcome, but that's wonderfull that it's not cancer.

Pansy- I hope everything goes well with your dad. I will keep him in mind today.

Trish-I hear you on the cleaning. I have lots to do to get ready for the Kiddos to go back to school on Monday!!

Cathy- How hot is it up there? I'm in north Florida and it's so humid!! You can't be outside for long or you start to get dizzy !!

Susan- I feel for you with the packing!! I helped my BF pack her house a few weeks ago and it wears you out. I was so wooped I would just come home and pass out.

I had so much fun yesterday watching my friends little 1yr.old girl! She is such a sweet baby and at that fun age. She kept me on my toes though!! LOL But when she fell asleep on my lap yesterday it just reminded me how much I miss having a little one around. AWWW I have GOT to get things in order around here for school to start!! Orientation starts tommorow so I have to get their supplies together. YEAH FOR SCHOOL!!!
not2fat2bpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:20 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

N2F2BP.... you seem a wee bit excited about school starting ROFLMFAO !!!! Enjoy your shopping lolol. I love when babies fall a sleep on me, its just the sweetest thing and i do miss those times w/my DD.

Cathy, I'm glad things will start to wind down for you. I know your going nuts lately and I'm excited for you that things are finally coming together.

BBL
Old 08-02-2006, 02:48 PM   #13  

"Cathy- How hot is it up there? I'm in north Florida and it's so humid!! You can't be outside for long or you start to get dizzy!!"

how hot is it UP here? well UP HERE in Louisiana (LOL I've never said that before) it is HOT HOT HOT. The heat index has got to be around 100.

I have a niece in Florida and she says it is about the same - heat wise - in Florida as Louisiana. It's the dang humidity. It's like a steam room. You can just barely breath out there. Probably just like your weather.

2bpretty - what day do y'all start school. they start around here on the 16th. It seems to get earlier every year!

Leenie - the heat index is 120 today where you are???? are you kidding me? is it humid up there or dry? oh man regardless 120 is HOT HOT HOT. stay inside
Old 08-02-2006, 07:21 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

4boys-it was the trail to the upper falls that I went on. Ouch. My legs are doing pretty well the last couple of days though. I live only about 1 1/2 hrs from yellowstone, and I definitely don't get there enough.

Susan-good luck with everything.

Leenie-I am so glad for your neice also I hope it gets cooler for you.

N2F2BP-School starts for us in 2 weeks on Thursday so the 17th. My little boy will be going for the first time. Kindergarten. Yikes!

Cathy-Stay Cool

Pansy-I hope everything turns out ok for your dad. I will pray for you.

Went grocery shopping today. That is always yikes! Other than that everything else has been basically good. My dd birthday is next week so I have to plan for that. She will be 2. I only have one more present to get though, so...
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:28 AM   #15  

Hey everyone,
I don't post much, I'm a bit shy, but well, thought I'd say hi. Hope everyone's doing ok. I'm on a deadline - 4 days left to finish final draft of my thesis - been working on it for 5 yrs! But this morning I saw some awful photos of me online and it sent me spiralling down and now I can't concentrate, I want to eat things more than ever before and the only thing stopping me going shopping is that I am so down about my appearance, I am too ashamed to go out!
I know I am probably being silly, but it feels very real today. And people made some hurtful comments recently - they didn't mean to hurt, but they did. Now I'm worried I will fall behind on my work. Just writing this down helps, and reading about all your lives - big hugs from me for everyone - you're all so special!
smurf7 is offline   Reply With Quote