Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-28-2006, 01:15 PM   #1  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Unhappy depressed and need to vent

well it is TOM but im not usually this depressed, my husband is really the key root, its not that he's doing anything wrong, i think im just jealous he is so fit and i swear he has the body of a god.... he is so determined i just cant seem to get there. every morning he does his push ups and sit ups and i just lay there in bed hateing him am i wrong for this? i wish i could lose this wieght it is soooo hard i want to excersise but how?? when ??? i cant afford a gym we just moved in to a TINY house that we had to rent and i have no room to even do a video ... any suggestions on what to do for excersise i mean i would start running but my knees are so bad ever since i was a kid ....
well thanks for letting me vent
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:26 PM   #2  

Well, instead of secretly hating your husband because he's excercising why don't you suggest you both walk together.Walking wouldnt be so bad on your knees. If he's into fitness I'm sure he'd love the idea and plus you 2 would have some time to talk about your days ect.
BooksNLipGloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:34 PM   #3  

I wish he goes to work alot earlier then me and doesnt get home untill around 11pm everynight you see he works full time durning the day and goes to the police academy at night so nope, no time with hubby i was thinking i really should grab the kids and do it after work maybe go for a walk when it cools down ?? thanks for responding
Old 06-28-2006, 02:27 PM   #4  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi 707 Goddess!

Guys seem to have a different way of looking at exercise. When I suggested my husband go walking with me, we ended up doing ten MILES! He has long, long legs and was walking at a stride just right for HIM, but my poor little SHORT legs were really burning to even try to keep up with him. He hasn't walked that much since, and I continue to do my own thing in my own way.

Don't let him make you feel badly! If you have just a three or four foot section in your livingroom, you will have plenty of space to do just about any DVD or video. I borrow mine from the library to see which ones I like best. If I really LOVE them, then I buy them.

Find something that you love, and don't be afraid to try it. I'm new here, but I would love to be your buddy on this!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:34 PM   #5  

thanks cheryl and sure i would love to buddy up i think i need a friend to help me along the way i mean i have so called friends but no one with the same goal as me my one girlfriend is doing hers on her own and our time schedules crash so this is perfect
Old 06-28-2006, 04:55 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I sware, exercise is either you LOVE it or HATE it. I wish I was one of those who loved it, but ya know, the more you do it, the more you like it and your body wants it (get yer minds out of the gutter now lolol).

Walking or dancing around the living room with the kids is a great place to start

Good luck.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 228/215/160

Height: 5 ft 5

Walk walk walk, with the kids, they will love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God Bless you
campbellredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Get out for the summer. Do the tourist thing. Go swimming. Deep Clean your house (yuck). Go shopping (the fun all day outlet mall kind). Take your kid places. Go to the zoo. Look outside your city. Go to a national park and do a hike/picnic. Even if you don't do something every day, make a point to do something fun twice a week.

I had to go to a doctor appt and my kids and I went into a store and picked out some stuff to put in a cooler (very very healthy). After the appt we met my husband in a park beside his work and ate the picnic. VERY romantic. VERY family friendly. VERY healthy and then the kids and I took a walk to the duck pond. We weren't vigerous that day in our excercise but my diet was excellent and I wasn't sitting on my puter.

In the last 2 weeks, we've been to the zoo, went to the library, went to an outlet mall shoe shopping by myself for an entire day, swimming, and now we are going out of town for a week. Then my sister is coming here and we are doing TONS of walking and doing the tourist thing. It is FUN. For the not so fun we deep cleaned and organized my closet including an arts and crafts section. Excercise doesn't have to be BORING!

Don't forget your girl friends. They make excercise VERY fun.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:04 PM   #9  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

I agree with the ladies. Be creative. I hate exercising. But both my husband and I enjoy getting out when we can and walking around, whether it be at a store we both like, museum, the mall, whatever I can get, I take!

and we are all here with ya. I am going to search for the Walking away the pounds DVD that everybody keeps raving about. That way I can do my walking in my own place and not have to go out. I think any kind of activity or movement you do is great. Even cleaning. I cleaned today and moved the furniture and everything, when i was done my heart rate was up and I was sweating a bit. Some people may say that isn't a "Work out" but I personally think any activity that gets your heart rate up and gets you moving is good.

When I was younger I would just turn on my music and dance around, that would be my "Work out" and it was fun. Just do whatever you enjoy and go from there.

Every step we make, no matter how big or small, is huge in our lives.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:40 PM   #10  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

men always lose easier than others. My husband has lost 27 pounds to my 9, it is sickening. He walks so fast there is no keeping up with him, lets not add the height difference either, 5'2'' to 6'2''.. he has long legs
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:49 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

First of all Goddess I aboslutley LOVE your avatar. Just had to get that out of the way. I want to second what everyone else has said. That is how I started this summer and started to get myself in shape was taking the kids walking. We have been walking everywhere. To swimming lessons, to T-ball, to my sisters house, to the park to play. My son is 5 and he has been riding his bike while I put the little one in the stroller she is 22 mo. It has been a blast and on top of that it has done wonder for my depression and blahs. Sunlight is really good for a lot of people. After I did that for a while, I found that it was easy to find other ways to get exersise in. Now I am scheduling it and still walking with the kids. I think you can find easy ways to enjoy all of it and enjoy life. You can do it.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:05 AM   #12  
~Believe~

Hi Ladies.

I agree, men totally lose way easier than us women do! There is this guy at work who has been eating healthy and working out and WOW he is the incredible shrinking man! I think its a lot to do with how they carry their weight. Most men carry their weight in their bellies. Where us most women carry their weight all over, belly, hips and behind, etc.

I agree, sunlight is great for depression. I work nights and I can tell when I need to get out for a while. We took a couple days off last month and was out and about in the sun and it made a HUGE difference to me.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:13 AM   #13  

If he looks that great I wouldn't stare and hate him.........I would stare and grab him!

Don't ever lose your sense of humor

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:34 PM   #14  

THANK YOU GUYS i have been so damned depressed latley you all have become a huge part of my life and i wanna say thank you between the kids work etc, i dont have much time for my friends and they all are also so busy so it does help to be able to vent and someone able to understand me a very big serious thank you and thx trish i found it through my hubby im really into superwomen
Old 06-30-2006, 07:35 AM   #15  
~Believe~

Goddess,

I feel the same way. These women are amazing here. I've been going through some ups and downs with my emotions lately and coming here really helps. I too don't have a lot of time for "outside" friends, esp. with the shift I work. So its nice to be able to sit down and have a nice chat with some friends.