Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-14-2006, 11:07 AM   #1  
is about to be slim !!

S/C/G: 170/164.4/147

Height: 5ft 3in

Question Fluoxotine (prozac) and Atkins

I have been pescribed Fluoxotine for Anxiety I have been taking it for 6 weeks now. I was wondering if anyone has had any side effects from the meds and Atkins Diet.

Many Thanks Amanda xx
AmandaMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 12:03 PM   #2  
Linda

hi there , i too have been taking prozac but only for 1 week , i'm not seeing any side effects yet anyways , how long before you start seeing any ?? and does it seem to help with your anxiety? hugs Linda
one_sweet_babydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:01 PM   #3  
is about to be slim !!

S/C/G: 170/164.4/147

Height: 5ft 3in

Talking Meds

Hey there

Well it has helped alot with my anxiety. I am very much anti medication but it really has helped. It has taken approx 4 weeks to feel the full benefits at first I felt worse but hang in there they are good. I am currently having time off work due to stress whcih helps me focus on getting better.

Let me know how you get on

Amanda xx
AmandaMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:13 PM   #4  
South Beach Life Style

I was on the Atkins about 4 yrs ago,, When I started Prozac,, It did not do well with me,, I FAILED the Atkins ,, but it was about a couple of weeks after I started takin Prozac,, Dont know if the Prozac had anything to do with the failure, or just the Depression. Plus Atkins was my first ever attempt at dieting, and I was very successfull with the program I had lost 100 lbs.. But like I said I FAILED the program,, But now I am taking no medications and doing wonderfull on the Program I have chosen for the rest of my life.. Best of luck to ya..... Take Care
MsCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 05:17 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I was on prozac years ago and loved it. I did atkins and the low carb made me feel better too. I think with that combo of the meds and atkins your going to feel really good in a few weeks (remember give it time).

GOOD LUCK !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:45 PM   #6  
Linda

i know it takes time but seems like i do feel better this week than i have in along time ,i just hope my weight will go down too
one_sweet_babydoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 09:44 PM   #7  

I was on Prozac and Xanax for anxiety last year and finally weaned off of it. I had no problems other than I hardly felt anything...lol. I was kinda numb emotionally. It made me feel much better...more secure. I have not done the atkins...I have been to 3 nutritionists and they all agreed that atkins was not healthy for long term. But go figure...Nowdays...everything gives you cancer or isn't good for you in some form or fashion...lol. Good Luck to you!
fidget555 is offline   Reply With Quote