Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-27-2006, 10:29 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Thursday, April 27th Chat

Good Morning,

1 meeting down.... more to go LOL

How is everyone today? things here are busy but okay nonetheless. How's everyone doing with their eating. I've been in a chocolate mess since Christmas and I think its getting a wee bit better (I'm trying not to say that to loud incase my conscious hears me lol).

Its tough I tell yah LOL... and you?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 11:16 AM   #2  
Walking by faith

Default Hi Chicks!

My ankle is feeling pretty good . I see my local doctor on Tuesday to get the stitches out...I should know more then The last few days have been busy w/stuff regarding our house..inspectors, valuations, checking our credit report to see who we owe so we can pay them off, etc. We found 1/2 of a duplex that we could possibly buy. It would be perfect, but I don't know if we could get approval with our credit . There is a similar unit for rent which would be affordable. The only problem with that is that we'd have to leave our mutt behind. Winnie has been part of our family for the past 8 years. She's actually Matt's dog, but she's 'Daddy's girl' We need to find an affordable place to rent or buy..but we may have to find her a new home. We're doing a lot of praying..God's still in control!

Leenie: Tell you'll see him later..after the meeting

Tippy: Stop looking at those workmen! Your new floor sounds beautiful! We just had new carpet installed in the hallway and all 3 bedrooms. We've got just about 30 more days to enjoy it!

CIN: I hope you had a wonderful time with your grandkids.

Lynnie: I know you're out there lurking..stop in and say hi!

Cathy:

Have a wonderful day!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #3  
CIN

Hi Gals
I went to the surgeon today and he said I am doing well.
Got all thopse staples out

I return to him in 3 weeks. All is well so far.
He said I could drive.....yeah right.I am barely walking straight!

Came home a took a nice long nap...........................

Speaking of chocolate.I sure have been "indulging a bit" and better stop before it catches up.

The sun is shining here............................our lawn guys are way over due.the grass is too tall!

I cannot wait to get out and work in the yard in a few weeks!

Later taters
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang
sorry I'm so late getting in here today
it's crazy around here

chocolate chocolate chocolate boy can I relate Leenie - lately I feel that I have to have something chocolate everyday - or I find myself craving it everyday so I either grab a couple of M&M's or a ww fudge bar. what's the deal - I can't have chocolate everyday - I know that.

Joanne - I'm glad your ankle is feeling pretty good. Hope the stitch removal went well and that the doc had some good news for you. That will be a tough decision about the dog and where to live. I am praying for you.

Cin - Oh dear - I take it from those little "eek" faces that it must have hurt to take out the stitches today. How r u feeling now? Dh and our oldest son are mowing yards like crazy. It's that time of the year! Hope your lawn guy makes it there soon. I love the smell of fresh cut grass. Take it easy girlie.

Wonder where the rest of the gang is today and what they are up to?

hope all is well
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:40 PM   #5  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Well ladies, after lying on the couch for a week and a half not being able to get up and around much I'm back. I've spent more time at the doc than at home it seems like. Here's what is up: my ACL isn't just torn, it's gone. I completely disintegrated it. Also I tore the latteral meniscus cartilage and bruised my knee bone. My dislocated knee cap is back in place but I have alot of fluid and blood on my knee. They have drained it once and it has to be done again. I have to have surgery on May 17th to reconstruct my ACL and repair the cartilage. I have been in a wheelchair since the 18th because my other knee started giving out because of me having to put all of my weight on it while using the crutches. Well today after meeting with my surgeon, Dr. Carr (who was a physician for the women's US Olympics gymnastics team in 1996 Kerri Strug, Dominique Dawes, Shannon Miller etc... and also was the head physician for the 2002 Winter Olympics games which I thought was pretty cool. He has all these letters and autographed pictures up in his office from the athletes.) he told me to stop using the brace and use the chair only if I absolutely have to because I need to improve my range of motion and leg strength before surgery so that my recovery time will be lessened. Also he said that I am free to go back to the gym until surgery as long as I stick to the guidelines he gave me.(He said that there's really no way I can make the injury worse but I still need to work it slowly) He said that it will actually help me with recovery if I keep up on the exercise. After surgery I will be out of the gym for a couple of weeks and then I'll be able to go back as long as everything is healing well. i have my first pre-op physical therapy appt. tomorrow. I will probably have to be in physical therapy for about 6 or 7 months, but the more exercise I get in with the physical therapy will cut down on that time amount as long as I follow the rules like a good girl and don't reinjure myself by pushing things too hard. We have moved our trip out to Oklahoma to see DH's family to Christmas time because he has used most of his vacation time taking me back and forth to the doc. and he's saving the rest for my surgery. But the company shuts down for the holidays so we'll be able to go then. I went today and got ALL of my hair cut off. I needed something easier to wash in the shower because I can't stand up that long. I was nervous coming home because it is really really short and DH doesn't really like short hair, but he made me feel really good. He told me it was cute as soon as I hobbled in, and my 4yo DD told me I am beautiful so I feel happy about that. I went and saw my trainer today and heis skeptical about me coming back and working out right now, but he said he'll help me re set my routine and work with me to make sure I'm not overdoing it, and he said he's glad to have me back. Well I gotta go eat dinner. I've probably bored ya'll enough anyway. I'm going to try and catch up on the posts I've missed. I really have missed ya'll. I hope that everyone is good. I'll talk to ya later.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 08:02 PM   #6  

Floors are DONE! Now Jim has to cut and put on the baseboards, do a bit of work in the kitchen and he will be finished. Then, our work starts.......
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:41 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Heather gosh, I'm sorry to hear about your surgery...egads. Please remind us as the time comes closer so we can pray for you (more so than now), I'm such a clutter head and i will forget my own head if it wasn't attached. HUGS. I bet you look cute in your new do...you go girl.

Joanne, thats sad about possibly not being able to take your doggy, really sad. I don't know what I'd do if i had to give my 11 year old doggie up
I'm so glad your ankle is feeling better. HUGS

CIN, yahoo on the good report from the doctor. I've had 2 absominal surgeries and I can only imagine how sore you are. I remember not being able to stand up strait b/c it just hurt like heck. Go slow, it'll work its way out (of course you knew that) lol. And your right...no more chocolate..it catches up fast zooooooooom!

Tippy, are you taking pictures of the house as you go along?

Cathy, ditto's on the chocolate not every day is right.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote