Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-23-2006, 08:46 AM   #1  
lizzy007

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Default newbie

Hi Everyone,

I will start by telling you a little about my self

My name is Liz I'm 32 and live in toronto now but I was born in Portugal . I have a wonderful DH we heve been together for 12yrs and married for 5ys and a sweet little girl Makayla who just turn 2 in MArch.

Finally i decided to get my act straight after a DARK VERY DARK 2 yrs. I always been very active played hockey and DH and I took all changes we had to do some outdoor activity in June of 2003 I got pregnant had a very healthy pregnancy i was very lucky i only gained 16lbs I was 161lbs the day i gave birth to Makayla. BUT my dark road started in Feb 25 a month before i gave birth my dad was diagnosed with colon cancer - was operated started treatment BUT then in June of 15 MY mom was also diagnosed with colon cancer her cancer had spread and only 4 months after being diagnosed she passed away on october 25. And i have been in shock eversince. My mom and I were verry close and NOW she is gone. So I started eating and eating everything in site. So NOw 18 months latter I need to do something about it. I have gained 60lbs in 18months due to depression

I NEED HELP and lots of it and the help i can get is appreciated. Will you please be my buddy...

Love Liz
lizzy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 09:18 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Liz, and

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom's passing. I can so relate to your "dark" years. After my sister suddenly died in 1998, I gained nearly 100 lbs so I can understand what you are going through.

This is a wonderful place for support. There is a daily / weekly chat you can join in. The ladies are just a little gift from heaven, we are very blessed to have each other. Hope to see you there.

Hugs !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:22 AM   #3  

Welcome Liz

Sorry to hear about your pain....

Keep posting..........I am looking forward to getting to know you.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 07:52 PM   #4  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Hello, Liz!

Yes, a bout of depression can affect people's lives even when they are climbing their way out of it. You can lose the weight, and we'll be happy to support you!
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:31 AM   #5  
lizzy007

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Default Thank you

Thank you

For all your sweet words.

Can wait to get to know all of you

love

liz
lizzy007 is offline   Reply With Quote