Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-21-2021, 06:11 AM   #136  

It's nice to know the ways to keep fit and get rid of some weight, I also tried many things at home during the covid lockdown, as doing some walks on the roof and a short run in the park just in front of my house and regarding diet what I did is I had black-chick peas with yoghurt every day in morning after the jog as breakfast 1st meal in the morning and later I didn't give much attention as what should I eat or avoid in the afternoon, but yes at night I had very light meal at 20:00 pm most of the time as 2 hours before the going to bed and this schedule helped me a lot to wake up in the morning without any alarm clock and remain excited to go out at around 06:00 am in the morning, I also join by some neighbours for some time but keeping up with time was tough for them many times they mentioned they wanted to go but couldn't wake up, we had good time and still having whenever they join together we all enjoy well, I can definitely say that exercising as a daily routine does help in depression and give you a real kind of excitement when you are with nature and if you add meditation then it works amazing, no doubt it's very hard to start or keep it continue but once you do you see the results very soon.
smithaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 07:40 AM   #137  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithaine View Post
It's nice to know the ways to keep fit and get rid of some weight, I also tried many things at home during the covid lockdown, as doing some walks on the roof and a short run in the park just in front of my house and regarding diet what I did is I had black-chick peas with yoghurt every day in morning after the jog as breakfast 1st meal in the morning and later I didn't give much attention as what should I eat or avoid in the afternoon, but yes at night I had very light meal at 20:00 pm most of the time as 2 hours before the going to bed and this schedule helped me a lot to wake up in the morning without any alarm clock and remain excited to go out at around 06:00 am in the morning, I also join by some neighbours for some time but keeping up with time was tough for them many times they mentioned they wanted to go but couldn't wake up, we had good time and still having whenever they join together we all enjoy well, I can definitely say that exercising as a daily routine does help in depression and give you a real kind of excitement when you are with nature and if you add meditation then it works amazing, no doubt it's very hard to start or keep it continue but once you do you see the results very soon.
This was very interesting to read, thanks for adding to the conversation and welcome to the site! I think we could have a whole section here on 3FC on "How did exercise help you during lockdown" or such.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 11:17 AM   #138  

hi all, glad to connect with you friends
fatlossadddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 11:49 AM   #139  

😐😐oooo
Momo855083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 08:03 AM   #140  

people are very depressed during lockdown .
all this pandemic and deaths are very disturbing for some people.
physical health is important , so is mental health.
vishal ghatul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 01:13 AM   #141  

do yoga if u can . it helps stay fit and keep ur mind fresh while going through depression
vishal ghatul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 10:28 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 184/184/140

I agree. I find that working out does help with depression and anxiety as well as stress reduction. I was diagnosed with situational depression after my divorce in 2007 and then recently diagnosed with anxiety. I have a 16-year-old with ADHD which obviously since she's legally able to drive adds to the stress since she's hinted several times since before she was 16 that she wants to get a permit and then her license. I don't exercise nearly as often as I should. I find it boring when I don't have anybody to do it with, however, I do enjoy kickboxing, Zumba, and Tai Chi.
nymom05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 12:33 AM   #143  

hello !!! now a days most of the young generation faced lots of problems in career and relationships due to which they feel depressed.
http://www.healthline.com/health/dep...rapy#Overview1
Quote:
expressive therapy for weight loss

avimum2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 12:27 PM   #144  

Exercising itself didn’t help me to cope with depression and stress. Mainly, the depression was caused by work, as I was working in primary school. I tried yoga to deal with it, stretching and so on, but nothing has helped except dancing and circadian optics.

Dancing helps me to let everything out for a certain period of time, and what’s more important for losing weight. But also, as I mentioned above, I used one of the devices to double the effect. It actually didn’t cost too much, so there was nothing to lose. I bought it, and after two weeks I really felt calmer, and my job wasn’t that stressful for me as well. It was just smth that I really believed in and that’s why it helped in my case. But, anyway, the final result is obvious to me, so hopefully, it’ll help some of you guys too.
daniellast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 03:51 AM   #145  

How to control your depression
manishhpsetup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 12:30 AM   #146  

Default depression

It is a seriour mood disorder.
hichki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 01:28 PM   #147  

I am currently walking 1.4 miles daily on my treadmill, using an exercise ball for sit-ups and push-ups and jumping rope occasionly .
Deep0527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 07:47 AM   #148  

Height: 5" 7"

Default Overcome Depression Without Medication

Moderate exercise, done five times a week for 30 minutes each time, can improve your mood considerably. Moderate exercise is when you're doing something that makes singing from your diaphragm tough. Take note of how the food or drink you're consuming affects your mood. You don't have to follow fad diets, but binging on carbs, junk food, and energy drinks frequently will make anyone miserable. Keep in mind that moderation is a virtue.
gboy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 02:10 PM   #149  

Exercise is best medicine for depression. It works to decrease the negativity and power up the positivity in your body. Personally I saw many cases about that.
Melissa_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 03:09 PM   #150  

Thank you so much for your suggestions
Neha12 is offline   Reply With Quote