Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-30-2005, 07:28 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Friday Chat - December 30th

Good Morning,

Cathy, oh Cathy we miss you !!! Hope your doing okay sweet one.

Okay why are the skys so gray AGAIN !!!???? this is getting old.

Everyone is still sleeping, its just me and my pooch Susis oh and my toasted almond coffee LOVE IT !!!

Nothing is planned for today, but thats my opinion, when DH gets up he'll have us racing some where lol. Hopefully the Christmas Tree Shop... that store is fun.

My tree is so pretty, I hate to put it away. I like it more at the end of the season then the beginning.... weird huh. Well it ain't going in the attic until next week...so there !

Whats everyone doing today?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 08:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Hi Leenie, (and all),

I haven't been on since around thanksgiving.. fell into sort of a slump but I am going to try again. I am trying to just plug on..what else can I do except continue to get fatter?

I am planning to go to the Y today...we hope that happens.

Later,
Snoopysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 08:10 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

'Morning all!

Lovely avatar pic, Snoopysgal! Leens, it is traditional to leave the tree up until Janaury 6th! It's still Christmas until then. Liz, I have not forgotten I owe you a catching up PM.

It's gray and cold here this morning. We are coated with ice but I intend to strap on my yak-traks and go out for milk and the paper later on. No way winter is going to get me down and stuck in the house like an old fart!

Have a great day whatever you do.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 08:25 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Snoopysgirl, its wonderful to see you. We can all relate to falling off the wagon but the best thing is to hop back on. I'm glad your here

Ruthie you be careful out there, can't you send Bruce or is he tied up?
Old 12-30-2005, 10:04 AM   #5  
chubby checker

Last night I got lasik surgery done to my eyes. Veeeery exciting :-) Today I am probably gonna just relax.
Mellietronx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 02:47 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Oh Mellie, how cool. So tell me about the surgery. Did it hurt? do you hurt now? what was your vision like?
Old 12-30-2005, 02:57 PM   #7  

Leenie, Luv! You strolled down to the Beach to say hello to all us Beach babes...so I thought I'd come up to Control Center and say hello to all you Mahvalous chicks!!!

oooh Lasix surgery...N.e.e.d. d.e.t.a.i.ls!! DH has been considering it soo any info is most appreciated!!!

Leenie how is my loverly home state of Joisey?? I just moved to NC...really thought I was Joisey born, Bred til Dead but so far NC is quite loverly..and the weather , well lets just say I aint missin the shovel! I'm from "Central Jersey" (doncha love how we divided our little state into 3rds! I'm originally from Sayreville..but spent the last 6 in Somerset, (between New Brunswick/Princeton) and worked up in Livingston/Caldwell fer 20 years..)
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 03:22 PM   #8  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

I'm new to the board and was happy that I came along this web site. I'm been reading quite a few of the posts here and am looking forward in meeting new people. I am a grandmother of three and I'm starting LAWL this Sunday.

I have been trying to lose weight on my own and haven't been doing a very good job at it. Tired of taking meds for my blood pressure and know if I was down on my weight my pressure would go down also.

I found out two weeks ago my position was being moved to Hickory NC and my last day was 12/23. Now that I'm home looking for work again I'm excited to be among others that have many of the same struggles, where we can support each other.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 03:29 PM   #9  
My 3 grandkids & myself

Curious how do you guys get your weight scale in your emails. I had one made & thought it would show up in the posts. Do you have to copy and paste it each time?

I had Lasik done in one eye last year and I love it. I was going to have both eyes done, but found I would still need to wear reading glasses and didn't want that. The procedure went smoothly, but your eye hurts quite a bit afterwards. By that evening I was able to read the cable box clock and my eye just kept improving. I felt like a kid again. Very happy I had it done.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:54 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Schatzi I didn't think anyone noticed LOL !!! I'm glad you did Do you ever come back to Jersey to visit? My sister used to live in Summerville. I'm in bergen county near the NYS line / passaic cty border. Dirty Jersey is the same ol same ol. Things really don't change except maybe a new strip mall or a new Walmart LOL. I don't blame you for not missing the shovel, I'm really considering moving when I retire unless I hit the jackpot/lottery and can hire some one to shovel for me Good to see you chicklet. Come back y'hear.

Gamababa, is that you in your avitar picture? if so, there is NO way, NO NO NO way you can be a gma' you look like a kid yourself and let me add a very pretty kid with a darling handsome hubby/bf? Good for you for starting LAWL, different things work for different people and you won't know until you try. I plan on on trying the Sonoma (sp?) diet, its new and there's a thread here on it. I'm just waiting for that lovely new Moderator to finish the book and tell me what to do HAAAAAAAAA!!! I'm to dang lazy to read another diet book. I also have high BP and my doc said when the weight drops so will the BP. SIGH!!! Currently I'm not on meds but I am trying to eat right. I'm sorry to hear about your job moving. I would be devistated. I wish you much luck in finding something new.

So tell us more about you.... young chicken !!!!
Old 12-30-2005, 06:46 PM   #11  
My 3 grandkids & myself

Hi Leenie, Yes that is my husband and I in the pic. WOW thanks for the compliments I feel younger already . I turned 49 this year and even though I'm a younger grandma I'm still one. I have a 31 year old son & a 26 year old daughter. My oldest grand daughter will be 7 in March, my other grand daughter turns 5 in Jan and my grand son just turned 4.

I haven't heard of the Sonoma diet, but there are so many out there. I tried E-diets, South Beach & WW before, but not too much luck at any of those. I have a strong feeling this time it will work. It's been really nice to read what has worked for others on here and that every one feels comfortable to share their good and bad weeks.

My Dr has told me also that the once the weight goes down, so will the BP. The last 20lb gain is what spiked the BP and the meds barley work at keeping it down. I hope yours stays down so you don't have to take any meds.

Thanks about the job loss I was pretty down about it and the fact that it happen just before Christmas. I told my boss she was now on my your suck list and she agree she would be on that list also. She wrote me a nice letter of referral, so I did appreciate that. I know the right job will come a long, but in the mean time this gives me time to focus on my weight loss and be on this site

Good luck on your weight loss and I look forward to talking with you more.

Your turn to share!
Old 12-30-2005, 07:19 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Well shoot, you look like a kid yourself. Congrats on all the grandbabies and I think its really cool that your young enuf to enjoy them. I'm 41 and I have one daughter thats 4 years old... I waited a little to long to start having children but better late than never I guess LOL. Oh...wait... do hubby's count as kids? snort~

I also have tried every diet under the sun, a few times I might add. The Sonoma is a cross between the southbeach and the mediteranian diet. I love veggies and on this diet you can have wine (which I don't drink) and CHOCOLATE !! naaaaaaaah naah.

That was nice of your boss to give you a referal. I'm sure something will come soon. This time of year is hard b/c everyone is off and nobody thinks of hiring until the end of January. Are you checking into agency's?
Old 12-30-2005, 09:31 PM   #13  
My 3 grandkids & myself

Yes I think it's cool now that I'm still young enough to enjoy them, but I still wish I had waited till I was a bit older to have them. Yes I would include husbands as kids My husband and I tried to have kids together till I was 40, then I gave up, but I already had my two kids. He bought a Harley instead and that was his baby, that doesn't talk back. Glad you have your daughter I don't know how my life would have been not to have kids in it.

I don't drink either, but the choc would be a problem with me, since I love sweets and can't seem to just have a small amount.

I'm actually ok with having some time off to work on my weight loss. I'm applied for unemployment. The last job I had was from an agency, and then I was hired on this year. The only thing with them is they usually start you much lower in pay.

I wanted to say I love your prayer message on you signature. I shared it with my husband and he was impressed and that there are other Christians on this site, it sure helps.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:26 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Harleys are good !!! I'd love to have one but driving a bike in NJ just isn't in the cards for me. There's so much road rage here that its like signing my own death certificiate. Its to conjested here, over 9 million people cramed in this tiny state. But believe it or not we have some beautiful farm land if you go out north / west.

I'm glad you happy about the time off (I kinda would be too )

I like my siggy too. I have nothing with out the Lord and I know it. Just wish I would lean on Him more, ya know. there are alot of christians on these boards, you'd be surprised just how many. There's even a Christian Encouragers board.

I hope you've surfed here a bit, its the best place. I've been here since 1998 (in chat) and signed on to the boards in 2001) Chat used to be hot hot hot !!! and so much fun.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:31 PM   #15  
My 3 grandkids & myself

I'm not a harley rider myself, so I tell him it's his time to be with friends. I've never traveled too much outside of CA, but it sure seems crowed her most of the time.

I can understand what you mean on leaning on the Lord more. Sometimes I tend not to include him in all aspects of my life. I will read more forums later and I'm sure will jump in.

I did search more of the site last night, but didn't really post anymore. I did go to the different chat rooms, but no body was in there. I also belong to a Clay Aiken site and I don't usually chat, but do respond sometimes in the forums.

I would like to learn how to quickly find where you last posted at. I do see if you find a site that you were on you can click there. I usually have to find something that has my name in it, and then click on my name to find out where I've last posted to see if I have any replies. Is there an easier way?

Have you been a mod since 1998?