Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-15-2005, 06:18 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Tuesday Chat, November 15th

Good Morning,

Today is my doggie Susie's birthday. We rescued her 8 years ago today from abandoned pets, so that makes her about 10 years old My little girl.
I'll see if I can attach a picture.

Well nothing happening today, my back hurts like anything. I walk 10 feet and have to stop and hold on to something b/c the pain.. OY!!! Every once in a while I throw my back out but when I do, its a dooozie lol.

How are you all today?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg susieface80pix_23925677.jpg (6.6 KB, 16 views)
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:13 AM   #2  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Morning Leenie. Your doggie is soooo cute! I am sorry to hear about your back. Try to just relax and take it easy today! We don't want you to hurt it any worse. Do you have anything you can take for the pain or is it a just grit your teeth kind of thing? I hope it gets better soon.

Well not much planned for today. Just some laundry and exercise and some light cleaning. DD got her report card yesterday. All C's. I was disappointed because I know she can do better, but from the note the teacher wrote, it's because she isn't paying attention in class so I had a long talk with her about what is expected of her by me and the teacher and put her on a mild restriction for a couple of weeks with the time spent doing some extra studying. She also got a couple of U's (unsatifactory), for listening in class, using time wisely, and organizing materials in class. DD#2 got a haircut yesterday and she is sooo tickled. She ran around the house yelling yeahhh I look like Dora the Explorer yeahhh. It was cute. Well ladies I'm off to get ready to take DD to school. I'll check back later.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:26 AM   #3  

Morning everyone~
It is -11 C or 12 F this mornning...........brrrrrr
I know how much the back can hurt Leens.......you staying home today? Muscle relaxant alternating with antiinflammatory is the only thing that works for me.
And of course ice and heat.....but on a day like today only heat.
How old is your daughter timmy/shawn who got the less than satisfactory report card? My 13 year old is getting hers on friday.......we shall see....I don't mind if that marks aren't top as long as comments reflect a huge effort.......the frustrating part is that my daughter is in a gifted class but has no work ethic and boy do I feel I failed in her attidtude adjustment.
It is her responsibility now.

My 7 year old really needs a haircut too........soon!

Have a good day everyone!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 10:11 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies!
Leens Nothing is worse than back pain! put some heat on it and relax. . .your dog is adorable!
Timmy could it be that the class moves too slow for your daughter? Perhaps it isn't challenging enough to spark her interest. I remember having a teacher so boring (every essay was what did i do on my vacation) that I barely paid attention and then had others that were really dynamic that I was excited about.
Maybe talk to her about what she likes in school and what she doesn't and see if theres a way even the 2 of you can add a more fun dynamic to the learning.
Liz I'm sending you some of my its half decaf today!
Bbiab
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 10:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

I feel good! got up before 5 this morning and did 2 power miles with Leslie

You are right Heather.... getting in your exercise feels great!

This morning it was 70 here. This afternoon we have a big cold front coming in and it is suppose to drop 30 degrees. Tomorrow night it is suppose to be in the 20's. Can you believe that - I can't! I will be glad to have some cold weather tho. I just figured out that Thanksgiving is next week

Leenie - your dog is so cute! what did you do to throw your back out? are you at work? or at home in bed? hope it gets better quickly!

Liz - how's work? and how are those girls doing?

Heather - what ya doing for exercise today?

Tippy - I don't want you to miss my message from yesterday - so here it is....
"Tippy - it's good to see ya! I'm so sorry you are having trouble with your leg - but I'm certainly glad that you aren't in the hospital with it and that it is improving! A yeast infectionin your mouth cannot be any fun either - yikes!
what else is going on up there?"

Cin - how are you doing girlie? how many ww meetings today? I got my new WW magazine yesterday.

hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 03:07 PM   #6  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Liz- DD is 9 yo. I can't believe it's so cold there. It's beautiful here. I'm not sure of the temp but it's warm enough outside that I have my sliding glass doors open and a couple of windows.

KO- it very well could be boring to her. I have homeschooled her in the past with this being the first time she is actually in school for more than a couple of weeks. When she tested out every year for the state (to make sure I was actually doing my job teaching her) she tested out at least 2 years ahead on everything(3-4 years in reading) except math and she was on grade level with that. I think I'll have a talk with her and see what would help. That's a good idea.

Cathy- WTG on getting up and moving this morning. I did 2 miles with Leslie, 15 min on the stationary bike and I'm planning on another 15 after I get DD from school. Speaking of which I gotta go. SHould've left already-ooops. Talk to ya'll later.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 03:22 PM   #7  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon ladies,

Not much new goin on here. Did my WATP 2 mile last night, and debating doing some grocery shopping after work. Feeling in the mood for something with chicken. Hope everyones having a really great day!
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 10:24 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

Well it's Wednesday morning here, but too early for me to start a new chat page so I'll post here...

Hope we are all okay... well I returned to work on Monday made all the big hoo ha etc, then I ended up having my day off on Tuesday and so back again today...

My only issues is I am not sleeping too good, like before I went sick I am waking up again at 2am in the morning, 3 days on the trot.... anyone have any advice for me to stay asleep till 6am that would be good.

I don't drink or eat after 7pm and I avoid caffine after 4pm.... I use lavender in the bath.... I am not sure what else to do!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote