Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-14-2005, 09:05 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking FRIDAY CHAT WHOOOHOOO October 14th

Good Morning,

KO, sorry to hear about G'ma.... HUGS DARLING !!!

All I can say is TGIF !!

Whats happening ladies ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 10:38 AM   #2  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

GM Leenie, GM Ladies. Well I am taking a couple of days off the exercise. I am just too bloated and icky feeling. I know I really shouldn't but...I'm sure ya'll understand. I stayed on plan yesterday, and have my menu planned for today, so at least I managed to get that much done. DH is working late today and tomorrow, won't be home till about 8 tonight and probably 9 tomorrow night. That's ok though. I'm making soup and sandwich for supper tonight (it's still raining and cold and yucky here, someone send me some sunshine please). I'm gonna curl up and watch a scary movie tonight and maybe read for a while, if I can find a book in the house that I haven't already read . I feel pretty good mentally today so that's a plus. THe scale however is NOT my friend! It says I've gained 3.5 pounds in 3 days. I think I am just going to have to sit down and have a long talk with that thing and let it know what's expected of it . Well I'll catch up with ya'll later. I'm off to clean out some cabinets and do some laundry. Hope everyone is doing good today. TTFN
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 11:38 AM   #3  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Heather, I tend to kick my scale back into the corner when it gives me stupid readings like that. It doesn't seem to help so if giving it a talking to does, please let me know.

Leenie, I couldn't agree with you more. I'm very thankful it's Friday. I really am having trouble being focused at work (hence the early morning post).

Well, I shall see if any of my work wants to be done.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 01:02 PM   #4  

Talking

Hi Leenie! Good afternoon! TGIF back to you!

I'm still down and a little shaky when I woke up this morning. I hate being sad like this and am ready to make up with my Godsister, but there's been no positive interaction on her part. Some email interaction, but she wants to talk and I've made myself available. What else am I supposed to do. I've apologized. and I've cut down my posts on her thread. If I want to chat with the girls, I PM them or we talk on my journal. I've gotten a lot of feed back about the situation and it has helped. I don't feel that I breeched any anonimonity, but she does. She sent me a really nasty email last night. but I've still made myself available to her calling for our "straight talk;" Don't know what else to do.

Hi Heather!! Gafternoon. Sorry to hear that you are too bloated and icky feeling. I understand. I'm not motivated to get up off of my butt to go get my daily recipes for today. It's still gray and dreary and drizzlely here. Yuck! Hey, at least you stayed OP yesterday! and have your menu planned for today! My DH always works night at the PO. So he's gone from ~11 PM - ~7 AM everynight except his days off. He's so behind in the kitchen renovation that he's stopped coaching and my son has stopped playing football Still raining and cold and yucky there too! Ugh! Curling up and watching a scary movie tonight sounds good. Friday night is movie night here for us too. But since DH is not on jury duty and back to work, don't know if we are going to do it yet tonight. I haven't been able to read like I used to ever since I had the kids. I just love Stephen King! Glad to hear that you feel pretty good mentally today. Yeah! The scale is not my friend either. I went back up to 171.5. Let me know how your talk goes with your scale! Hope to catch up with you later! I wish that I could get motivated like you are - I need to clean out some cabinets and do some laundry too! I could be at a better place than I am today.........

Hi Marie!! Sorry to hear that you are having trouble being focused at work today. Hopefully some of your work will want to be done!

Casper
Casper5AXTSU76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 01:45 PM   #5  
I CAN DO THIS

Hello Ladies

Just popping in to say hi

Hope Everyone is doing well..

Lots to do and so little time :P

/hugs
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:22 PM   #6  

Good afternoon everyone

Just dropping in to say hello....it is cold here in the morning....& it looks grey out....all day.
I have a crockpot stew for supper tonight.....it smells so good. It's a WW recipe....I have made it before....it's really good.

DS1 & his DW surprised us this morning....they borrowed a web cam from friends...they don't have a microphone....but we were able to see baby Claire....which was nice....they had her lying on the computer desk with her head on a pillow....we could see her breathing....she has chunky cheeks now.

I am feeling okay emotionally these days....but the bronchitis is still hanging in there....I woke up in the night once with a coughing spell & in the morning before I got out of bed....so....each time I had to take my Ventolin.

Timmy & Ashlie....welcome.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:34 PM   #7  

HI everyone

Well my orientation to my new job is over.........officially........almost 4 weeks......was at a conference all day......couldn't keep my eyes open........not used to sitting still.

It is our 16th wedding anniversary today........going out for dinner......girls are being farmed out.....looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow mostly........

Have a good weekend everyone!
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:34 PM   #8  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey Leenie, Heather, Marie, Casper, and Ashlie.

It's been quite crazy at work this week, and it looks like it will be the same next week. However, business is good for me staying OP. Seems like when I am micro-managing all my other tasks I have no problem micro-managing my diet. Weekend will be a real test, my BF wants to go out tonight and usually I can pick something healthy but I think he wants pizza (which I can't eat anyways) so I'm trying to figure out what I can have in its place. I'd like to reward myself by not having to cook for a night too

Casper, sorry to hear how busy your husband is(and you! ) Hope you all get some good quality time together this weekend.

Heather, you'll have to let us know how the scale-talk goes. I tried bribing mine but it must have some strict moral ethics.

April, hope you feel better and get some good rest in this weekend.

Good afternoon ladies!

Miles
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 10:52 PM   #9  
CIN

Happy Anniversary Liz!

Hope you all have a special night.

I am glad your orientation is over too!

Take Care!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 11:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

HAPPY happy HAPPY anniversary Liz & DH!
hope ya'll had a nice night out and get to sleep in in the morning.
hugs,
Cathy

hey everybody - hope everybody is well
will try to post over the weekend
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 09:22 AM   #11  

Thanks everyone!

We had a quiet evening but nice.

xoLiz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote