Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-11-2005, 09:13 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Tuesday Chat - October 11th

Good Morning

How is everyone today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:46 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Tired I've been up since 4 but because I'm down 2! Crazy today bbiab!

Last edited by KO; 10-11-2005 at 09:48 AM.
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:01 AM   #3  

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! it's another rainy day here in metro DC area, a great day for DUCKS!!

I started my topamax/prozac regimen last Friday, so far so good. I feel a little cloudy but I think that's to be expected. The good news is that I
* F O R G O T * to eat dinner last night!! definitely a first for me. I'm usually very obsessed with when the next morsel of food will enter my mouth. I had to take one of the pups back to the vet last night, he tore the stitches out of his little nose, he's A.O.K. YAY !!!!

Hi ho, hi ho, back to work I go!!!
ryzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:03 AM   #4  

P.S. KO

CONGRATS!!!
on being down 2!!!

that's terrific!

woooohoooooo
Old 10-11-2005, 12:39 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone
Just a quick Hi!
We had a good holiday weekend, hubby was actually home for Sunday and Monday. Had the turkey dinner on the Sunday with my mom, sister and sister's bf. Weather was not great so Monday was an inside day
Teachers are still on strike, so another day off for the girls.
Anywhoo must be off, take care all and have a great day.
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 01:49 PM   #6  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Morning everyone, here's to another day at work. I'm working on rebuilding our webserver and finally it's starting to go right. Somedays I hate technology.

KO, way to go on the two pound loss. You are doing GREAT!!!!!

Casper, just grit your teeth on the renovations. They'll look great when they're done - at least I hope so. You made me a little nervous when you said DH was color blind.

Buddly, sounds like your holiday was fun. I love thanksgiving dinner. Yummy! Why are the teachers on strike?

Karen, good luck on the new regimen. I hope it works for you. Antidepressants are such a touchy thing to get right.

Marble, rain would make my hair go flat. Straight as a plank of wood. My DS's GF ha wavy hair and she hates it. I love it. I bet we're always liking what someone else has. Oh , I hate the pilates machine. Okay, I've used it only once, but I didn't like it. I think I threw 130 bucks away. I will try it again someday...

Hi Leens and everyone else.

I suppose I should go back to work. BBIAB.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:13 PM   #7  
Divine Gal

Default hello LTNS

Hello ladies:
Have you missed me? Let's see where to start.Well I went to my dr about 3 weeks ago and she yelled at me. My weight was up I weighed 339.She told me if I didn't lose the weight I was going to end up dead.After the visit I started weight watchers again.I now weigh 333 lbs. I have lost a total of 6.8 pounds.5.8 on weight watchers.

My depression is not as bad as it was.I owe that all to the great therapist I have.I have been dealing with alot of anger issues about my being sexual abused.I go to therapy every week and come out and release alot of anger by crying.My dissociating has come down also.I am not dissociating as much as I was.

I have missed yall.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:29 PM   #8  

Good morning everyone

Just dropping in to say hello....we had a nice Thanksgiving weekend....went to DS3's & his Gf for dinner on Sunday....we had ham instead of turkey.....had a nice time.

Lynnie....good to see you back....I am doing Weight Watchers also....online.

Buddly....yesterday was miserable....I went shopping....went to Reitman's....got 3 sweaters....I had nothing that fit anymore....for fall.
Telus's strike has been settled....they have to vote on it....so hopefully my 2 sons who work there will be back to work later this month.

KO....congrats on being down 2 lbs.!!!!!!

ryzmom.....welcome!!!

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:29 PM   #9  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hey ladies....

I've been MIA for about hmmm maybe two weeks. I had to take my laptop in to fix my cpu fan and the jack for my charging station. My computer wouldn't charge it's battery without being taped up into a certain position. I managed to almost drop it and in the process I banged the charging cable while it was plugged into my laptop and snapped one of the sodder pins that held my charging jack onto my motherboard... YIKES! So I had it in for about a week and half. I was going crazy because I needed a laptop for school to take notes. I type faster than I can write and so I can get more details while listening to lectures. I've been using James' Mac laptop... was a little awkward, but I stayed off the internet and used it just for school. My desktop is over at my fathers place because his computer took a flop and so he will have mine until another computer show comes up so he can get another motherboard.

Man... what a mess huh? I've been feeling really stressed out with school. My calculus is really killing me. I'm so close to dropping the class... but I wanna stick it out, but I'm concerned my grade will suffer. Honestly tho, I think it's past the point of where i can drop and get a refund... otherwise I'd have to pay back the VA who paid my tuition... eek. I'm thinking about going in to see my advisor and see if I can avoid taking Calculus 3 next term. I just need one more upper division math to satisfy my academic plan... Unless I fail calculus 2, then I would need two upper division math classes... ICK I have a calculus quiz on Wednesday then I have the midterm on Monday... I have a midterm on Thursday for my cultures class, and a paper for my Children's lit class. I dunno where to start first. I need to study for my Calculus, but I need to study for my cultures class to... I'm working up an ulcer here. I'vehad migrains and stomach aches for the last week. Just a little stressed out, and to be honest... I haven't weighed myself nor have i really paid much attention to my diet. tho I tried to be good. My whole life right now consists of work, school, come home, eat dinner, and go hide in the bedroom for homework. Then go to bed aroudn 1 or 2 am. that's pretty much what it's like. I just need to get caught up. I am starting to think that this is going to be a regular routine for me. UGH!

Sorry to post such stressing news... I just wanted to come in and post that I'm still alive... barely hanging on, but still alive. I will try my hardest to post more regularly and reply to you ladies. You guys keep my honest... and keep me sane!

Take care!
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:36 PM   #10  
Oooo Silly Me!

Okie... I just got my "Unofficial Results" back from my CSET exam... my 3rd and FINAL exam. I PASSED!!! Man! At least I got some good news out of these past two weeks of misery... I can now apply for my credential program... whooo!!!!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:38 PM   #11  

Hi there, just a quick note to say that I'm here, that I read everyones comment, and I'm just glad to have found you guys!
NeeNoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 01:56 AM   #12  

Wink

Good "morning" Leenie

I am great, even though I put back on my 3 lbs. BTW, I love your avatar!

Hi KO!!

Why Have you been up since 4? Congrats on you 2 down! Why are you crazy today?

GOOD MORNING Karen!! Yes it is another rainy day here in metro DC area.........a great day for DUCKS!! You are too funny!

So, you started your topamax/prozac regimen last Friday, huh? I used to be on Prozac. I liked it. You F O R G O T to eat dinner? Wow! I am a lot like you - usually very obsessed with when the next morsel of food will enter my mouth too. Sorry to hear about the pup. why did he have stitches in his nose anyay? Glad to here that he's A.O.K.! YAY!!!!

Hope that you had a good, seven dwarves, rest of the day at work!

Good "morning" K!!

Glad you stopped by for just a quick Hi!
Glad to hear that you had a good holiday weekend and that your hubby was actually home for Sunday and Monday! Good food, family on Sunday and an inside day on Monday. Cool. I had an inside day on Monday too! Stayed on plan most of the day - binged on some Sorry to hear that the teachers are on strike. But, enjoy being with your girls! Hope you had a great day!

"Morning" Marie!! Hope that your technological day at work went well

Marie, just letting you know that I'm going to take your advice and just grit my teeth on the renovations. While I was spending the day with my mom, my DH FINALLY came up with a color for the walls of the kitchen! White with Almond faux painting! Now let's get it on the walls! I know that they'll look great when they're done, because he is a jack of all trades - he can do this type of work to code. Yes, he makes me a little nervous being color blind too. But that's what I and my mom are for!

Don't you just hate how antidepressants are such a touchy thing to get right?! I'm feeling pretty good right now, even though I'm still depressed about how my new clothes look on me.

Hello lynnie!! Congrats on starting weight watchers again!

Glad to hear that your depression is not as bad as it was. Good to know that you have great therapist! I deal a lot with anger issues too. Some of it is sexual abused related.........There's nothing wrong with crying. It's better than eating!

*hugs*

Good "moning" April!!

Glad you dropped by to say hello! Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving weekend! Glad you had a nice time at your ds3's & his gf's.

I went shopping today with my mom and got 2 fall outfits - I had nothing to wear that fit for fall either! Glad to hear that your skrike has been settled.

Hi Sue Marie!! As slow as my computer is and the cd-rom drive stopped working I'm trying to convince my DH to get it either fixed or to upgrade......... I know what you mean about your Calculus class. I have a B.S. Chenistry, and had to take Calculus I &II. After that I was through! Couldn't take it anymore! Decided to minor in French! What ever you do, don't work up an ulcer! No reason to be sorry for posting such a stressing news post - you should feel better now. Hang in there! Congrats on your CSET exam results! Yeah!

Hi NeeNoon!! I'm glad that you found us too!

Casper
Casper5AXTSU76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 07:52 AM   #13  

Hey Casper!!! my little boyz were neutered last week, and since they are Bostons, they are have those innate (and cute!) flat noses and they always sounded like they were wheezing, so while they were "under" the vet suggested they give them nose jobs!!!!! they are breathing so much better but they both have little tiny strings hanging from their nostrils !!!! Buster somehow pulled one of his stitches, but he's OK.

I'm going to have to take a 2nd mortgage on my house to pay for these vet bills!!

have a great day!!!