Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-21-2005, 10:12 AM   #1  
Dying to be Thin

Exclamation Wrong decision!!

For those of you who suggested the digital scale, shame on you!! That thing says I weigh 20 more lbs than what the other scales say! -- that is definitely not what I wanted to see! I was hoping it'd be LESS!
Oh well Guess that means I have no choice but to .. heh
Got2BThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 11:37 AM   #2  
CE

I know this may sound silly but are you using it on ahard surface. The first time I used mine it was on carpet and it was off by about 20 pounds. I than returned it and had the same problem and returned it. After 5 different scales my sister asked about the carpet. Apaently it doesn't take an sccurate reading unless it is on a hard surface like wood or tile. I now keep it in the bathroom. I hope that helps.
colsnanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 11:42 AM   #3  

It needs to be on a tile (kitchen, bathroom) floor that is as level as possible. I did not see the big of a difference when I got mine. Though, there was a difference. If you watch the scale at your docs office and your home scale (the digital scale) they will be able the same in results!!
TMunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 11:55 AM   #4  
Dying to be Thin

Thumbs down

It's on tile .. can't get on a harder surface than what it's on now .. I'm in denial here

hehe
Old 08-21-2005, 12:13 PM   #5  

Did you do all of the settings correctly? I noticed there were some settings on there. However, I never set mine, and have not had a problem.... except for as you stated.... denial!
Old 08-21-2005, 02:53 PM   #6  
Dying to be Thin

Unhappy

I don't think mine has settings .. it's the Weight Watchers digi scale .. any good?
Old 08-21-2005, 10:10 PM   #7  

It should be fine. Some have settings and some don't. They are all different.. some easy to use and some are complicated. Your's should be fine. I have not heard anything bad about the WW scales yet.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:41 PM   #8  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

I have a Weight Watchers digital scale and haven't had a problem. It's a few pounds lower than the gym scale because when I get to the gym I'm dressed and had something to eat.

It goes down slowly and I only see an actual drop in weight one week out of every month. But eventually I'll get there.
FatVictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 10:25 PM   #9  

My WW digital works fine. It's about 1 pound higher than my old scale, but is consistent as long as I don't jump around on it. (I tried to weigh my cat by holding him in my arms and then deducting my own weight, but he kept wiggling and squirming. I don't think he's too pleased with the lo-cal food he's on.)
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote