Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-12-2005, 08:46 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Fantastic Friday! Aug 12

Morning Ladies!
I'm doing a 1 woman Conga this Morning B/c I'm down one more pound to 195!
Last night was girls night. We had dinner at this place called Van Gogh's ear
really cute place all different types of peeps go there Leenie/Marb it's in Union
Stayed totally OP. and drank enough tea to fill china and my bladder several times over.
Today I'm going to Pilgrimage to Loemanns to look for some Formal wear.
How are my Lovely Ladies this aM?
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 08:49 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Yup you guessed it, boss is out today LOL

KO congratulations on the weight loss and being op, especially when dinning out. WTG!!!!!

Nothing much is happening here, sosdd. Just busy as heck. Where is the summer going? I just said to my Mom yesterday, the summer is almost gone and I have not taken 1 day to play this really sucks.

Anyway, all else is fine and dandy. Gotta get some school clothes for DD who's starting pre-k on sept 8th

Whats happening with you all ?

Hugs
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 09:35 AM   #3  

Hi there. Last night's outage made me realize how addictive this forum is. Yikes. I think I've replaced my food obsession with 3fc!

The good news: since I've been reducing the Celexa, I've been finding it easy to avoid binging on junk, and the weight loss is steady. (Another pound down this morning!). I finally know what they mean by "and the weight just started falling off!!!". I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will last.

This morning the weather seems to have finally broken. There's a cool breeze wafting into my bedroom window. No more excuse for avoiding exercise and cleaning if this lasts. I just turned on the weather channel, and it looks like you're up for some more mouldy bra weather down there. Been there, done that for the last two months...

It's really all good news. I even found someone to come in and stay with my cats while I'm gone. She comes with excellent references from someone very picky who has all white rugs and furniture, and is cheaper than the drop-in lady. I sure hope she likes to get up early, because Bigboy will be sure to get her up before dawn.

My sore throat is somewhat better today: the doc said it was allergies causing draining into my throat and told me to take antihistamines. I'm going to blame it on ragweed.

Enjoy TGIF. I know I will.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 09:45 AM   #4  
CIN

Good Morning Ladies!
I have the house to myself for a little while. Hubby & daughter who works for hubby...are both off on an out of town trip! A nice break for them and for me!

So what do I do with this freedom? Invite my Grandaughters (10 & 11) for a day of shopping,dinner and swimming and an overnight stay! School starts Monday here so it is our last summer "fling"! They LOVE getting away from those fiesty little brothers! One got the cast off her arm just in time to go swimming!

Our summer was not exactly what we expected either....................so welcome Fall when it comes.It is bound to be better!

Sue Marie.yes 2 tablespoons of dry pudding.I should have made that clear! Sorry!

April.so happy little Claire Ann is better.I love that name too!

Oh I forgot........along with my freedom I have to dog sit my 15 yr old Shitzu who daughter keeps at her apartment...........He lived with us his first 13 yrs. Very pitiful SENIOR dog......blind,stiff and sleeps a lot.He is not in pain..or doesnt appear to be. We actually have to carry him up and down stairs .
He is black and white.........salt and pepper hair (like me) When I go to her apartment later.I am bringing him home with me.

Later
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 09:46 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Cin My Shihtzu Murphy is black and white and grey and about 9/10
Old 08-12-2005, 09:47 AM   #6  
CIN

Congrats Carla.we were posting at the same time!
Old 08-12-2005, 09:51 AM   #7  
CIN

KO
Really? Don't you just love them? Everyone keeps saying we should put him down but we do not agree. He does not appear to be suffering. He eats very little............and is so much smaller.He was always a bit large for his breed.Not now...........we treat him with a lot of tenderness now.all of us do.

I hope he just passes away in his sleep.we check his breathing all the time because he sleeps so much. I remember when I used to get so mad at him for bothering guest and barking.N ow he doesnt even hear us come in.

He has been a good dog though.great with all the children....never sick in all these years.It will be hard to part with him.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

HEY you girls just send some of the cool breeze down here to Louisiana pleeeeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeee! It's is hotter than heck down here!

KIERIE & CARLA - CONGRATS on the weight loss! ya'll are dong great great great!

Kierie - I'll join you and make that a 2 woman conga! too cute!

Carla - I have no idea what they mean when they say "and the weight just started falling off" - it seems I have had to pry every single ounce off of my body and it is slow slow slow, but I'm just glad it is moving downwards for a change. I'm really glad that it is starting to fall off of you! that's great!

Leenie - finally the boss is gone for a day hey? what did you decide about the other job? still thinking on it?

SueMarie - on that smoothie - I used 2 tablespoons of the instant sf pudding powder. It must have been right bec it was YUMMY good! thanks for the peach smoothie recipe - sounds good!

Liz - did you have to work last night? or are you finished with the night shift?

April - how is the grand ?

Tippy - whasssssssssssup girlie?

LindaT - r u checkin in on us? BOO!

MMarie - how ya feeling? still doing ok on the med reducing?

Cin - you and I are posting at the same time (of course) how ya feeling girlie? are you being good?

ok - later gaters!

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 08-12-2005 at 09:57 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 10:53 AM   #9  
CIN

Cathy
Good food wise or activity wise or not doing too much wise?

I am pacing myself.just came in from outdoors.very hot already here too! I potted some Mums for the front porch......a little early but the geraniums looked pitiful.with my 2 week absence something had to suffer!

Hiring my friends teen to trim the hedge tomorrow so I will not do it!It is hard.I love doing all that stuff. Really I do!

Later tater
Old 08-12-2005, 11:24 AM   #10  
prepare for the BEST time

My it's a bizzy Friday around here.....I'm in a really good mood, I've been seeing just a little results of my exercise efforts taking shape and my BP is NORMAL! Diet is pretty good and easier to deal with.

AHEM, Kierie, I haven't heard you say "YES, Marble was right"! yet today.....heehee tapping my foot here, tap,tap, tap..... congrats girl, YOU ARE DOING IT!!! ...YOU ARE MELTING AWAY!!!

Carla, you too are really making excellent strides.....when is everyone going to join me on the verb? (yeah, I know it's HOT, it's gonna be 96 here today and definitely moldy bra weather)

Cin, some little dogs have a remarkable lifespan.....if he's in no pain why would anyone suggest putting him "down"? My Akita is also about 10 YO, and weighs in at 92 lbs....he's a little slower sometimes, but mostly perky and always HUNGRY, but I treat him gently in the hot weather, he likes to sleep in a cool area (ceramic tile floor in kitchen)...I have a little fan set up on a footstool so he gets a breeze..one thing I do watch is his weight, he's got a bit of arthritis in front joints.

Cathy, I want to just once see the weight "drop off", I fight for every ounce. That's why not exercising for me is not an option.... (I figure that for every hour I excerise hard I probably lose one 1/2 ounce of fat.... )

BBL....I need some student repellant today....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 04:46 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies Loehmanns didn't materialize the PGA traffic killed that
Cin Murph or Moo as I call him is the sweetest most loving dog I could never put an animal to sleep b/c they got old. their Beings too!
Cathy I'll get Maracas and the hats and we'll conga all over 3fc
Leenie aww Pre-K! thats awesome
Carla I've done the same thing!
Marb ok ready? You were right I just needed the right program
I'm goign to Join Verb next week
I'm doing extra work for work $15 an hour not bad so I'll be on the puter allllll night
Old 08-12-2005, 05:36 PM   #12  
prepare for the BEST time

pretty soon you'll all be weraing hula skirts and bikini tops from Vicky's secret to dance around in......

Thanks Kier, AND, you are getting closer every day! hmmm. something tells me you are in a good mood these days.......

I had to put my beloved Chow to sleep about 5 years ago, I kept her comfortable for as long as I could, but one night I just knew it was time to let her go to her reward, (at that point she was suffering)....I went without a dog for 18 months, then adopted from Akita rescue...(i didn't want a pup to chew and with my schedule it is hard to housebreak too). He was 3 years old and a huge fat hairy mess...went straight to the groomer and the first month I lost 6 lbs. from the extra dog-walks.......he went from 112 to 92 and keeping him from being overweight is healthier for him...but he is like a vaccuum, the only thing he won't eat are tomatoes & mushrooms.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 05:48 PM   #13  

Hi everyone....we are having a beautiful sunny day here....not much happening here today....in a few minutes I have to take DH to the dump to take yhe grass clippings.

Talked to DIL last night.....Claire Anne is doing better....she will be starting to breast feed today....& baby might come home in 2 to 3 weeks.

Kierie....congratulations on the weight loss!!!!

Leenie....when do you get vacation?

Carla....I have had a sore throat on & off all summer....I have bad allergies....I looked it up on google....sore throats can be caused by post nasal drip which I have....so I experimented....when I took an antihistamine....the sore throat went away.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 06:20 PM   #14  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone, it sounds like everybody is doing pretty good. It is hot here too. I had a good time with my scale today - it told me I lost another pound. Getting off the meds is literally making the weight drop off like Carla said. Up until this past week (lost 3 pounds) I've been waging a losing (or I should say gaining/maintaining) battle. I was never going to lose weight on the meds. So Cathy, I'm doing great. I've slid into a manic stage, but those are pretty much all fun as long as I don't get us into credit card h*ll. I haven't spent any money so I don't think that should be a problem.

So glad to hear that Claire Anne is doing better and that she was able to be held.

Congrats to everyone who lost some weight. You're all doing great.

I've been exercising and eating wisely and drinking water like a camel. Work has been very hectic and I'm not enjoying being back. I guess we all have our difficulties to bear - mine is working at all.

I've been writing every evening and am pleased with the results.

TTYL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote