Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-20-2005, 06:54 PM   #16  

Hi again

It is pouring rain right now....hail is coming down now...a really good size.

Buddly & I have discovered that we live in the same city....isn't that neat....out of all the people who come to this thread....to have this happen.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:50 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

I think that is really neat April!
ya'll should get together for coffee sometime.
wouldn't that be fun!

cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 09:16 PM   #18  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, sounds like everybody is in a chatty mood. The posts were literally funny (at least most of them).

CIN, I am so happy for you - going to the meetings sounds like big progress. And 167 pounds, tell your member congratulations from us. That's just awesome.

Leenie, think of any tattoos for CIN yet? If it were my stomach, I'd go for a butterfly - a big one that when I laughed, the jelly belly would flap the butterfly's wings.

April, I'm sure glad you have your lightbox this summer. It's cool that you and buddly live near each other. I would love to have coffee with you guys. I haven't made any close friends since we moved here but I just love you guys. Hope DH is really fine when he tells you that.

Cathy, thanks for the PM. You're going to shake your head, but I stopped my thyroid med (synthroide and with dr. permission) since it wasn't doing much for the depression and I was still in a low/normal range without it. I'm hoping it will jump start my weight loss. I can't keep exercising daily and eat 1300 calories and not lose weight. It's got to give sometime.

It's almost impossible to believe in 3 days I go on a cruise. I have never been. Do you all have any advice for me. I want to stay on my diet but I hear that's hard. I sure as heck am going to try. I now have two things packed - the sweater and a jean skirt. Tomorrow I will really go for it since we're leaving for Seattle on Friday a.m.

I'll check back later. Have a great night.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 09:27 PM   #19  
Oooo Silly Me!

Cathy – Today was much nicer! Clouds were out and sun was kept under wraps with some peek-a-boo sunshine here and there. With all that said, it was about 100 here. The last few days it’s been 100+ with the hottest day registering at 110. I dunno what the heat index does… but that’s what my thermometer said. Brit called from her grandparents place. They live out in the Dessert… 29 Palms. She said their thermometer read122!!! WHEW! I would melt! I hate getting in and out of my car… I have leather seats… I don’t think I’ll do that again Makes it hard to wear shorts in the summer I keep thinking about getting lawn service, but never really went through with it. We mow our lawn when the sun is low. The guy who is coming to do our driveway this Saturday (he better be here!!) said he was gonna start at 7am. I’ll be sure to have plenty of cold water for them. May cut up some watermelon and BBQ for them. Let them know I appreciate what they are doing for me. But if he doesn’t show up…. Grrr! I won’t be a happy camper….I didn’t see the Peoples magazine, but I’ve seen commercials for the biggest looser 2… and some of the previous people… it’s amazing the weightloss they had. I wonder if they were able to keep it off? I know when you loose it so fast, it came come back fast.

CIN – a couple of tattoos… what about some body piercings??

Kierie – Congrats on the 2lbs gone!

Today I went to yet another water aerobics class… wow! It’s invigorating. I’m sore as heck too… I managed to stay awake in my calculus class afterwards tho Its been wiping me out. But I’m so glad that I found out about it This class goes until September… then I’ll have to figure out something else for the winter sessions. If the pool is still open, I may just continue with laps. I may not want to get out of the pool but I may still go. I’ve been doing the aerobics Monday and Wednesday… and then going to the gym twice a week… well actually I need to re-start going to the gym after my foot incident I haven’t been going. *blush*

Alrighty ladies… I’m outta here…

Catch you all later!
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:21 PM   #20  

sleep and work.........I won't be around much for the next few days............I;ll be thinking of you though!

Hang in there everyone!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote