Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-14-2005, 08:07 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Thursday Chat - July 14th

Good Morning,

Can't play today but I'll be watching

How's everyone ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang

It is raining here this morning and there are lots of people in the office - because they cannot work in the rain so I can't play either. Actually I haven't been able to play much on here lately.

Boy do we need the rain!

I did 2 miles this morning. July Miles = 10.5

Hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone... been dealing with the cloud/blues for weeks it seems. We keep getting rain, rain, and more rain... and throw in some tornadoes and heavy duty thunderstorms for good measure.

I think I need to get my light out today.

Hope all are well.
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 12:46 PM   #4  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning everyone. I'm doing great and today DH comes home from his trip. I'm looking forward to that. It was good that he was gone a week. I think we needed the break. While he was gone I remembered why I love him so much and am determined not to tak him for granted again. I think I was the problem in the last few months. So anyway, he's coming home. He promised me that we would swim together this evening so that should take care of exercise. Then tomorrow we can resume taking our dogs on hikes in the mountains.

Unlike Cathy and JudoMom, it is sunny and hot here with highs in the 90s. This is my type of weather. JudoMom, I would definitely take out your light box. When we had months of cloudy weather, I didn't and I regret that. That was part of my problem with DH. Way to go on the exercise Cathy. You're an inspiration.

Well, I will check back in tonight. Have a great day.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:49 PM   #5  

Morning everyone........heading out to pickup dd7's little friend.......putzing today.......laundry, tidying.......maybe a trip to the park this afternoon!

See you later.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 02:43 PM   #6  
CIN

Hi Gals,
My event for the day was returning to the surgeon !
It felt good to put loose clothing on.I have kept 8 of the 13 #s I lost off!
My clothes felt very comfortable over the incision that is above my waist!

He said I was doing great and answered my list of questions.in fact he took them out of my hand and read them!Ha I found that amusing!

I only have to return for an ultrasound of the stent in 6 months.which is rutine.I knew that. He put me on Plavix & aspirin...I have been on that too.no side effects what so ever!

I am free to walk and exercise lightly.nothing over 5 pounds weights....which is all I do anyway!

Then I went by Weight Watchers and did my monthly weigh in that is required by the 15th ( ill or not ) Of course I was actually looking forward to the weigh in and seeing some friends! Believe me this eight loss costs me BIG TIME !

Well...........then I returned and napped for an hour as soon as I hit my bed!

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.I feel better daily!

Later taters!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 03:42 PM   #7  
Oooo Silly Me!

Wooo ladies… for those of you who have rain, maybe you should come on over to my house. It registered about 110 out here in Sunny San Bernardino :-p I’m afraid to go outside right now but it’s been a bear!

CIN – It’s good to see things are going well It’s wonderful to see your refreshing personality after all this. Keep up the good work!

Today…Thursday… YAY! Hehehe I say this only because today is my last day of class for the week. I’ve got so much to do I just dunno where to start. I did some laundry today and got some cleaning done. OOOhh, last night Brit and I cut up some bananas in half and stuck them on a kabob stick and dipped them in Fat Free Chocolate Pudding. Today we got to try our creation. Not bad… the pudding melted quicker than would have liked, but it came out great. I used to buy those fruit bars dipped in chocolate, can’t think of the name of the brand, but they have like coconut, strawberry and banana flavors dipped in chocolate. I figured I would try to create my own hehehe.

We’re also going to try a smoothie recipe tonight. A friend gave me this recipe… I’ll share it with all of you…

1 Cup Low Fat Peach Yogurt (I use Yoplait 99% Fat Free Harvest Peach)
¾ Cup Peach Nectar ( I use Kerns All Natural with 100% Vitamin C)
½ Cup Red Raspberries Frozen
1.5 Cups Diced Peaches frozen (You can use white or yellow)

Combine yogurt and nectar in Blender, then add Fruit and belnd til smooth.
This makes umm… seven 4oz servings at approx 70 calories each or four 6 oz servings at 117 calories each. I like to put in ice and blend the ice with it as well. It just tastes more like a daiquiri that way to me. The serving size is counted without adding ice, so if you add in blended ice that changes the serving size. Altho I think with the frozen fruit, you may not need ice. Heheheh

Now as far as smoothies go, I dunno if that’s a lot of calories for one or not.

Take care everyone!
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:01 PM   #8  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi all!

It's really humid here in San Diego...and hot, although not the kind of hot that it must be in San Bernardino, SueMarie! It's about 80F right now...it's getting too hot for me, I prefer it in the 60's or at the most, the 70's. It won't be long before it will be too hot to sleep.

Boy, yesterday was a tough day...I was really depressed and wanted to eat so bad. I *almost* got some macaroni and cheese from the grocery store deli, which would have been soooooo bad, but I bought Lean Cuisine's version instead...it wasn't very good, the next time I will get Amy's Macaroni and Soy Cheese...it's really good and it's about 300 cals. But I am really glad I didn't go on a binge like I wanted. My fiance deserves some of the credit because when I was getting something else out of the freezer section (some cheesy potatoes), he said, "Are you sure you really want that?" and that stopped me dead in my tracks! Now, if I could only do that myself. I've lost another pound over the course of a week...that was my goal. My goal before the wedding (8/13/05) was to lose 6 pounds; I've got another pound to go. I think I'm going to do it! Slow and steady wins the race, right? I hope so.

CIN...
I've been reading your posts about what you are going through with your surgery and I'm glad to see you are doing so well. I bet you are glad to be able to get back to exercising and getting out of the house more, huh?

SueMarie...
That smoothie sounds delicious! I am the smoothie queen...I eat at least one a day, I put protein powder in mine and it serves as a meal replacement. I add fruit and yogurt, or sometimes I make a "peanut butter shake" which involves a little milk, vanilla protein powder, a tablespoon of peanut butter, ice and some splenda. That is tasty stuff right there!

Well, I hope everyone is doing lovely!

trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote