Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-09-2005, 07:05 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekend Chat - July 9th and 10th

Good Morning,

I'm just going to read up before the two rug rats awake and I won't be able to play here anymore

BBL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 11:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Leenie - you have 2 rug rats? did a friend of dd's sleep over or are you talking about dd & dh? ;-)

I am cleaning house today - I will be cleaning house ALL DAY yep I still need a maid!

hope everybody has a great day and is safe from the storms!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 12:40 PM   #3  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning all, things are pretty good here. I had a nice relaxing day yesterday even though I did go to work for 2 hours. I have some homework to do now, but I can do it at home.

DS just got a job interview doing what he wants. They're flying him to San Jose on the 25th and he's very excited about it. He's the one that just moved out a couple months ago. Since he's still close by, it was easy to get used to. Now if he moves to CA, that will be a lot different. But he's so excited that I'm excited for him. It means he won't finish school (he's a senior in college) but would finish via night classes. So on the 25th, keep your fingers crossed since he does want it.

Other DS had his physical yesterday for the military. He is joining the Air Guard like his dad. He's just so excited about how everything is falling into place. To say the least, my children are doing good. They both see their future a little clearer. It pretty cool as a parent to see your children realizing their dreams.

Today I'm going to knit a little on my sweater and then I'm going to work on stained glass. Cathy, I also have to clean. Yuck. But there's no way that I'm going anywhere today. I've been off work for a week and every day I've had to go to town or drive across the mountain. Today I'm staying home. That's my real goal.

TTYL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 01:11 PM   #4  

Default I may have posted this twice.

It's just been a week or so since I first heard of this site, and I must say it has been wonderful. I've increased my activity level considerably, am eating properly, and feel a whole lot better. I've never enjoyed dieting on my own, and this works better for me than trying to go to a particular place at a particular time to weigh in, although WW-style support has helped me in the past.

Tomorrow I weigh in, and I know (being a scale addict) that I've lost weight at last.

Of course tomorrow evening I'm co-hosting a bbq, and we'll see how well my resolve holds then. Maybe I'd better plan a looonngg bike ride in the morning... And next week I'm heading out for two weeks working out of town. Hotels and restaurants and airports are so full of landmines (foodmines?) that it'll be tough. Maybe I'll just try not to gain anything back.

Today I'm off to a cat show to "interview" various breeds before deciding what kind of cat I want. If I don't fall absolutely in love with any particular one, I'll know that I'm meant to go adopt a couple of strays from the shelter. (This whole breed thing started when I fell head over heels in love with a friend's applehead siamese. Wonderful, easygoing, less high-strung than modern siamese, a rounder face. But no breeders in my area, and I really don't want a purebred cat without visiting the cattery first. I almost opted for a chartreux, but found out in time they don't like to be picked up.)

Sorry to babble on like that - I MUST be feeling good!

Happy weekend to all,
Carla
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 01:14 PM   #5  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hi girls,
Loved Leenie's prayer at the end of her post. I'm a 46 yr. old mother of 2, living in Florida. I've been a member of the 3fc since 1998 and I'm just getting back into the forums again after a very long hiatus. Sooo nice to be back. I've been battling depression for a long time and the one thing that I found to be the best help is exercise...don't care what it is.....but especially outside.......just makes all the difference in the world. I don't have time to stay on here now but I did want to make a post on here and hope I'll be welcomed to join the group. It's definitely a place I can relate to. <grin> So, here's to hoping you're all having a good weekend. Cya soon.

Last edited by PJ; 07-09-2005 at 01:50 PM.
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 01:23 PM   #6  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default By the way Carla

By the way Carla,
By all means....go to the shelter first....I'm a volunteer/member of the local humane society here and there are sooooo many cats .... beauuuuuutiful kitties that need homes......aaaaaaaaand, if you really want a purebred...just go to SEARCH on your computer and type in whatever breed you're looking for and after the name, put rescue....ex: siamese cat rescue ...... you'll be surprised at how many pedigree rescues there are out there. I had a horse rescue for many years but since hurricanes Jeanne and Frances last year....I lost it all. So, especially since getting a divorce after almost 17 yrs...I financially can't rebuild what I had and have no desire to do it on such a large scale anymore. Good luck on your kitty search.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:10 PM   #7  

hey pj! - did you use to chat in the chatroom under the name of PJ?
if so I remember you!

regardless - I'm glad to see ya!

hey mmarie - sounds like both your sons are doing well! I will say a prayer for them! keep us posted!

Hey Carla - I love this place too! glad you are feeling good!

Old 07-09-2005, 04:12 PM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

Wow… everyone’s in a cleaning mood. Maybe someone might wanna come over and help me clean a little *puppy dog eyes* (Cathy? MMarie?) heheheheh

Carla – oooh Egyptian Mau! I have one, and he’s an absolute terror…err… I mean doll! He likes to talk back and HAS to be in every room with you. I think he sufferes from Separation anxiety! If you are in the bathroom he will sit at the door with both hands under the door and try to shake the door open. If we are in the bedroom and close the door without him in with us… you can hear him rattling the door knob as if he thinks he can open it good thing we don’t have those L shaped door knobs or he would open it Let us know what breed you have narrowed it down to.

PJ – WELCOME

Last night’s league was exciting. I stuck my name in the handicapped sidepots (your game score with your handicap score added in) and I won 10 bucks Not bad Then I put my name in the roll a strike drawing. I put in 5 bucks worth.... (each raffle ticket is a buck). They called my name... the pot was 148 bucks! I had to roll a strike to win. MAN! I got up to the lane and the WHOLE ENTIRE league stopped and watched me. I was shaking... but man I got so nervous that I gripped my ball and pulled it to the left and missed my mark by a mile. WAH! That's okie, I'll try again next week see if they draw my name again hehehe.

Today I have my sisters engagement party. It will be a Thai ceremony. So all my sisters who are out here from Ohio will be dressed in Thai attire and I think there will be monks there to bless the couple. Will be my first experience with a Thai ceremony. My three older sisters are from my mothers previous marriage. They are full Thai. I’m excited for the experience.

I woke up with a major migraine and it seems Aunt Flo and Uncle TOM have decided to visit. My body is feeling like blah and stiff and my arm is really sore from that tetanus shot. I can still feel the knot where they shot me. BUT! My foot feels better and I could bowl last night as you can see in my previous post.

One of my rats (Sebastian) seems to be getting weaker with his old age. He’s having a hard time walking. I’ve been feeding him some ensure just to give him a little extra yummy in his tummy in case he’s not feeling up to going up the ramp to get food. I moved his water bottle and food bowl down to the lower level just in case. But he seems to like being pampered and enjoys the ensure. Unfortunately I can’t hold him cause I break out in hives. So I had to wear long sleeves and cloth gloves to hold him once my last two rats go, no more for me. Then I’ll combine their cage with Heidi’s (my Chihuahua) cage and make sure a super condo. The spoiled brat! Okie I’ve probably talked everyones ear off, so I’m outta here heheh….

Take care everyone!
Sue…

P.S. Think I'll try some laps in the pool before going to the engagement party. I took some excedrine Migraine and I'm feeling a bit better.... WHOO! I hate that pounding behind the eye and the nausea feeling. Take care everyone!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 04:38 PM   #9  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Sorry, Sue Marie, I'm all cleaned out. My house looks really nice, but now it's time to play. Enjoy the Thai ceremony.

PJ, welcome back. I'm sorry you lost so much in the last year. That has definitely got to wreak havoc on depression. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Carla, way to go on feeling like you've lost. That's an incredible high, isn't it? Good luck on the weigh in. And especially good luck on the travelling and eating. I just can't find a way to eat right when I travel so I don't envy you. Especially since you have to work. Eating and vacations just naturally go together. Do you travel often?

Well time for the fun part of my day - knitting and stained glass. I also have to go to the post office and feed the dogs that I'm doggy sitting. So I will check in later.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 06:55 PM   #10  

PJ, thanks for the cat advice. I've pretty much decided it will be shelter or rescue cats. I did go to the cat show, but found myself unable to find a breed with the temperament I like who isn't pretty ugly. (I don't want longhairs, anything with a pushed in face or buggy eyes, too hyper, too "extreme" oriental...) Although I am fond of the more traditional type of Siamese - actually all siamese from the point of view of temperament. Anyway, after the show I went off to the shelter again, and if I weren't off on Mon for my trip, I would have come home with a nice brown tabby girl. I'm sorry that you lost your horse rescue. I bet the horses are too!

Marie, as for travel, I have traveled a lot for work, but am planning to reduce that a lot. Since my recent divorce (after 9 years together) it's been a little tough putting myself back together again, and I found I just couldn't keep on working like before. I work freelance, so was able to cut down to about half what I used to do, and I only accept contracts I like. Before I was trying to put away as much $$$ as possible so 2 people could have a confortable retirement, and now I have only me to worry about. And I'm a lot less expensive than my ex!

I also do travel for pleasure. If I can get my weight back down and my health (physical and emotional) back on track, I hope to go back to doing hiking holidays and such with friends.

Sue, I'm not sure I'd like an Egyptian Mau, although from what you say the personality is right on target. I like vocal cats, especially since I live alone.
If you get headaches a lot, you should look for a product called Migrastick. It's a little roll-on tube of lavender and mint essences which you roll on the part of your head that hurts. It gives an almost immediate sensation of relieving cold, and first thing you know you're feeling relaxed and less sore. It's a little like sticking your throbbing head underwater in a nice cool lake, without the wet hair and bathing suit. I think it's made in Canada, but I'm sure you can find something simple in a natural products store - maybe even TJ's.

Time for a healthy supper!

C

Last edited by carla49; 07-10-2005 at 02:46 PM.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 08:27 PM   #11  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default Wow, nice welcome ladies.......

Carla - Since I got divorced March 4th of last year, it's still pretty "new" to me and I "hear ya". I definitely know what you're going through except I've got my two kids which he really "plays" on. They're finally seeing through him though and stay with me pretty much 24/7. That's a whole 'nother story which I'll put into my journal on here when I'm up to it. Anyway, anytime you'd like to talk...I'm a good listener.

Marie - Thanks, it HAS been hard but there are still people who don't have places to live here and we've started yet another hurricane season. My prayers are now with those people that Dennis is headed straight for. Thanks for your thoughts.

Cathy - Yep, that was me. Did you use the name Cathy though? I don't remember that. Hey, sorry....at my age...you get alot of brain far**.

Well, it's time for me to have something to eat....I think I'm going for some canned peaches and salad tonight...then maybe some chicken with rice soup. Soup....aaahhhhh, such a "comfort" food for me...it's raining outside....ewwwwww and the soup always makes me feel in a better mood...tea too. Oh for petes sakes pam.......sign off already........
Cya,

Last edited by PJ; 07-10-2005 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:36 PM   #12  

PJ - so glad to see ya again!
yep that was me - just plain ole "cathy". I had to add xxx when we re registered some time back but I'm one and the same
I look forward to seeing you here!

PJ - do you make your chicken with rice soup? if so I would love a good recipe for that?

hugs,
cathy
Old 07-10-2005, 07:48 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning and WOW look at all these great posts

Hi PJ, nice to meet you, I think I remember you too from chat but not quite sure. Major brain farts here too ps: I'm glad your here with us and of course you are welcomed !!!

Marie enjoy making your stained glass. I LOVE IT!!! and I admire folks who can make it. My sister in law used to make really pretty things but for some reason she stopped doing it

Sue sorry to hear your little critter isn't doing so well. So how many laps did you wind up doing ?

Cathy, whats shakin lady ? you still cleaning ? lol. I am so tired today, I had my great niece over yesterday, she's 5 years old and between her and my DD I got NO sleep and they ran me ragged yesterday LOLOL !!!!Today I'm a slug

Have a wonderful day everyone
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 01:44 PM   #14  

Good morning all

We finally have some blue skies....after more than 2 weeks of clouds, rain & overcast weather....we are supposed to get summer weather this week....this bad weather has affected my mood...have been using my light box for almost 2 weeks.

Last night I prepared vegetables & a roast in the crockpot....left it in the fridge overnight....set the alarm for 5 A.M....got up....plugged the crockpot in & put it on low....then went back to bed.
DH & I are going to DS3's & his GF's house with the crockpot roast & vegetables & sour dough bread for supper.

DH is doing good...he does tire easier....has naps still....at least once a day.....he is doing work outside in the yard....but not for as long as he used to....I told him...that is fine....life isn't just about doing projects around the house all the time.

PJ....Welcome

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 02:03 PM   #15  
CIN

Hi PJ..do you remember me from Chat too? I remember the name PJ!

April I am glad your hubby is doing well.........sure puts "life" in a different perspective..............after something like that happens.does'nt it?

I went out last night for an hour and a half.it was good to see co-workers. I am anxious to return to work but know it will be at least 4 more weeks before I am able.

I do a little more each day.light stuff around the house. It feels good to fold clothes etc.

Well.... it is nap timeByeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote