Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-02-2005, 05:33 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekend Chat - July 2, 3 and 4 - Happy Holiday!

Good Morning Ladies,

I'm going to read up on y'all and brb

Happy 4th of July To You All !!!!
Happy Canada Day To You All!!

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 01:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon gang!

i seem to have caught a stomach bug! i do not remember the last time i was this sick. not exactly what i had planned for today but oh well

leenie - what were you doing up so early on a saturday morning girlie?

cin - how ya feeling today?

hope everybody has a good day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 02:28 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Welcome back Cin !!!!

Cathy sorry your not feeling well, its a good weekend to rest We are having a bbq tody so I am busier than a bee. Lots to do, so little time. TOM came this morning, isn't that lovely, just in time to make me sick an cranky lolol.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:51 PM   #4  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, I'm done with work for 5 weeks. I am just so happy. I love working for a school district. Where else can you get so much time off and still have a job. It's great.

Cathy, I answered your question on the Friday post. Thanks for the info, I do appreciate it. I hope you start feeling better right away.

Leenie, have a great time at your BBQ. Those are so much fun.

I've been knitting on my knitting machine today. I finished the 2nd sleeve and now need to work on the hood. I've never knitted a sweater with a hood and it makes me sort of nervous. I plan to take it on the trip so I hope it turns out okay.

I lost a pound this week. I was pretty surprised since a couple days ago it said I gained three. So seeing that I actually lost was quite a nice surprise.

I'm going to swim today and enjoy the pool. I was thinking of floating in the lounge chair for a while, but I don't like to apply sunscreen. I don't know why, it's just a weirdness that I have. It's such a nice day that I might grit my teeth and apply the sunscreen and go outside to relax. I have a book on MP3 player that I'm listening to so that would be great. Then later today I'm going to watch the Nascar race with DH and DS. It should be a nice day.

TTYL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 04:08 PM   #5  

hey mmarie - i'm following you around (very slowly as i'm moving really slow hehe) but I posted a message to your post on the friday post - just want to be sure you see it.
hugs,
cathy
Old 07-02-2005, 04:23 PM   #6  
CIN

Hi Gals
Cathy.so sorry you are sick.are you having sympathy pains for me? Think it is a 24 hr bug? Get over it quick girl!

I think I overdid a bit yesterday so today I am moving at a snails place and resting in between. I did manage to pay some bills and catch up in that Department.hubby did ok bt I usually take care of all that!

For the 3rd night straight another friend is delivering supper................I am so blesed! We are covered with meal thru next week!

I baked some banana bread this morning, My appetite is good I just dont eat much when I do it.

I have 50 Get Well cards and keep looking at them over and over like a little old lady would!Ha!

I got to see my 4 grandchildren yesterday.I would let them see me with a tube down my nose and all those iv's in the hospital.they are precious and we equally glad to see me!

Life is good! Count those blesings you all!

BBL or tomorrow

Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 04:24 PM   #7  
CIN

over look the typo's please
supposed to say would not let them see me
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 08:04 PM   #8  

CIN, I was very concerned about you! I suspected that you were MIA cause of some health problem and we were all "Pacing the floors" waiting for word. Am so glad that you're home. Take it easy now and don't over-do.

Nothing too exciting happening here in the Country! Roger and I were just talking about the benefit that is being put on for a neighbor. He had a kidney transplant. What a story! His uncle knew he needed one so he said he'd donate one of his. Well, the doctors felt that he was too old. But, the uncle was in a motorcycle accident and there was no hope, so they used the kidney. What a situation for the family--losing one relative, but realizing that another one will live!

Well, am going to take a shower and eat our supper now. Have a safe and happy Fourth of July!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 12:54 AM   #9  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!
I hope you all are having a lovely weekend. It is going too fast, as usual.

I've been conscious of my food choices the past few days, which feels really good. I've stayed right around 1500 cals for each day. Today, I went for sushi and had a philadelphia roll and a bowl of miso soup and three pieces of another philly. That's a lot better than normal...normally, I would scarf down 2 1/2 rolls by myself!

cathyxxx...I answered your post on the other thread from yesterday...I didn't know if I'd see you on this one. No, you aren't bothering me...far from it!

Best wishes for good health,
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 10:38 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning Ladies,

Cin glad to see your up and baking, thats always a good sign

Tippy thats so sad about your neighbor but I'm glad some good came out of such a tragic thing.

Chris good going on not scarfing down to much, it always feels good when we do well.

Marie BRAVO on the 1 lb down WTG !!!! hope you enjoyed your swimming yesterday.

Our bbq was wonderful yesterday. The weather was perfect and the fireworks we watched from our back yard were amazing. But the most amazing thing was I didn't eat much b/c I was busy running around Ill need strength today with all the pressure gone and all these left overs laying around better call the neighbors over to finish up huh

Today we are painting DD's bedroom, pink, purple and blue, kinda like a rainbow theme with birds and butterflys, ohh and you can't forget the glitter...little girls love glitter

HUGS EvERYONE !!!
Old 07-03-2005, 02:29 PM   #11  
prepare for the BEST time

Wow Leenie, you have more energy than I do....marathon cleaning, entertaining and PAINTING on top of it??? Come to my house girlie, I am still at the tip of the ice-berg...but making slow progress (kind of like my weight loss)

and while we are at it...throw a pity-party my way...I have to work today...(my mantra is atleasttheyarepayingme atleasttheyarepayingme)

AND I did NOT extend my self-sympathy with a "food-reward"....no quiznos, no burgers and fries....I got a lovely salad and tuna with fat-free dressing and lemon and I could only eat 1/2 of it....(I feel so virtuous until I look in the mirror with my clothes off)

BBL....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:31 PM   #12  

good afternoon gang

I think the stomach bug has passed - I do feel better but my stomach is still sore.

I lost 3 lbs yesterday - scale says 189 this morning! I could have jumped for joy if I had the energy LOL but I know the loss won't last - it's just from being so sick yesterday. but that would have given me the 20 lb loss i have been working towards.

and hey - it is really nice to know that my scale does go down into the 180's
I wasn't sure those numbers were even on my scale anymore haha

Tippy - what an amazing story about your neighbor and his uncle! goodness!

Cin - I hope you are taking it easy today!

Leenie - I'm dizzy just keeping up with what all are you are doing this weekend! wow! glad your bbq went well!

Chris - I'm being conscious of my food choices too. not too much sounds good to me today but I did eat a cup of honey nut cheerios for breakfast and that seemed to settle ok with my tummy. yesterday I had a couple of crackers and some 7 up.

Marbles - I am so sorry you are having to work on a Sunday! will you be off tomorrow?

Now that we have found Cin - where in the world is Liz? anybody know? it's been awhile since she posted. hope she is ok

later gaters

hugs,
cathy
Old 07-03-2005, 05:15 PM   #13  
prepare for the BEST time

yes, I'm "off" tomorrow....but it ain't too bad, doing set-up for the first class today, versus getting in at 5AM on Tuesday to set up for 7AM start of classes.

cathy, glad you are feeling better, drink lots and eat "light".

.......grrrrr, I'd have to get up at 3AM to be presentable, in full dress, heels, make-up and blow-dryed/flat-ironed (we are old-school doctor-conservative dress code.....no open-toe shoes, nailpolish, etc for the female students)...in 90 degree heat or zub-zero temps. I have to drink an awful lot of STRONG COFFEE...to be parading around in heels giving my "speech" and writing something that makes sense on a blackboard.

and before I come to work I have to do my farm-woman "chores"....Feed the cats, scoop the box, fresh water for everyone, clean pet dishes, walk the dog and pick up after him...(large dogs need exercise or they get fat too)...of course the minute I walk out the door, all the animals go back to sleep and wake up when I come home....

Bought the cats this scratchy thing infused with CATNIP yesterday......they were more than ecstatic.....they rub against it (it catches loose hair), fought over it, slept on it, drooled on it.....knocked it over (loose catnip on the rug to roll in---good thing I bought extra)...there was a big slapping match, so I guess I should go get another one. I also bought a big rubber-bristle brush to remove hair from the furniture and pets...

I'm on a cleaning MISSION....it's like I'm just seeing what I've not done for 2+ years...I've been shredding old bills for weeks! There is some improvement, but boyohboyoboy! do I have a lot of *stuff*....WHY?

My next project is to organize the storage closets...they are huge and deep with many shelves....there may be bodies back there.

SueMarie, thanks for the info on Calorieking.....Hey Carla, you are doing great with the exercise, it is snowballing into better physical/mental health!

seeyall on Tuesday.....I have to go home and cook dinner for a neighbor who had surgery...just a salmon pinwheel (with crabmeat) and broccoli. She's lost over 140 lbs. since she had weightloss surgery 14 mos. ago, but tore her rotator badly.

Enjoy the 4th and somebody eat cheeseburgers and ice-cream for me....bar-b-q chix. with that sweet messy sauce, ribs, corn, pie...... don't I wish? but it's not an option for me at this point.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 08:01 PM   #14  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!

Leenie, it sounds like you've got a busy weekend. Yes, girls do love glitter! Congrats on being good for your bbq...I'm afraid I wouldn't have done so well. There is just something about BBQs that says, "Eat as much as you possibly can, you won't eat again ever!"

Marbleflys, good job for you, too! I always hated working on holidays. I have a friend that works at a grocery store and she has to work tomorrow, but at least she is getting 2 1/2 time pay. It sounds like your cat post was a real hit. I bought my cat a kitty condo because he was scratching the couch and he doesn't really scratch the condo but he lays on it a lot...and he isn't scratching the couch anymore, so I guess he must be scratching that condo up. We have this catnip spray that we spray on the condo and he loves to roll around in it and rub his face on it.

Cathyxxx, I'm glad you are feeling better. Stomach flus are horrible.

Well, I'm off to drink some coffee and play some video games with my hunny!
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 07:36 AM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Happy 4th of July

Hope everyone has a wonderful day