Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-10-2005, 08:43 AM   #1  

Default JUNE 10, Friday CHAT!

Good morning. I just had a wild turkey walk up my driveway...oh the joys of living in the country!

Lynn, I wanted to post this not only for you, but to all who have been molested/abused sexually as a child. If you are experiencing anxiety attacks and panic attacks, think of them as part of the healing process. I believe that they are a form of "ick" that your soul is getting rid of. Sort of like puss coming out of an infection. Gross, but an effective comparison. Experience them and understand that you are healing and getting stronger from it.

If I don't get a chance to come back today, everyone have a good weekend.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 09:50 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Everyone,

WOW Tippy, its good to see you starting up the thread.

I'm sorry I can't stay around, but I will read up on each of you tomorrow. Lynnie HUGS AND KISSES !!! We will talk tomorrow hon.

Love you all !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 10:32 AM   #3  
prepare for the BEST time

YAWN, it's been a long week....PLEASE give me 10 reasons not to pig out on the extra food that is presenting itself in my path at work all day.....

Anyone here take Melatonin (3 mg) for help with sleep? I have been having the most VIVID weird nightmares and dreams all week...it's like a bad horror movie starring family and friends........
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 10:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

so good to see ya tippy!!!!!!! ya know a wild turkey wouldn't have a chance in my driveway - somebody would be shooting him and cooking him for supper. ;-)

Leenie - aren't ya glad it's Friday!

Marbles - my first thought was "I can't think of one good reason on a Friday not to pig out" LOL and then I regained my composure and I am remembering all the great things you have been posting about the changes you are noticing in yourself and how great you feel. Well that is not 10 reasons but that's some big ones anyway!!!!!

I am going to Olive Garden tonight for my sister in law's birthday. Just gals tonight so should be....interesting. hehe

Work is calling my name....... so hope everybody has a great day!

Cin.....where ya at this week girlie? we miss you!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 12:28 PM   #5  
Divine Gal

Default Good Afternoon Ladies

Yesterday, I had therapy and it was very intense.My therapist said I was doing good in therapy.We discussed feelings of shame and guilt yesterday.How I felt/feel as though i need to please everyone else and not do what's best for me.How I feel like i am a disappoint to my parents/others as well as to myself. How I always want to be the "good girl" and not a "bad girl".

I keep telling dh that we need to start eating better.So I think starting Monday I am going to start WW all over again.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 12:42 PM   #6  
prepare for the BEST time

eating *better* (healthier) will make you feel better....this is the best time of year for fresh veggies and fruit......grilled, low fat, naturally tastey without sugar, oil and extra salt. I very rarely have a desire for white-flour stuff, potatoes or heavy carbs this time of year (but do enjoy that ear of corn on the cob with my "best friend" Molly McButter)

Wild Turkeys in the driveway? I can top that one....last year there was a black bear on the neighbor's DECK.....we all freaked until they caught him. I told her to NOT put her bird feeder's in the sun room, if he saw them he might be determined to get through the patio DOOR! (I live in suburbia)...
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 07:10 PM   #7  

HI everyone!

I hepled in grade 1 today.......always fun........it is going to be hard to say good bye to her wonderful grade 1 teacher. I am so thankful for her.

I shopped today.....how depressing is that.......motivated me to get serious about getting in shape.

Off to a dinner tonight for my 15 year pin from work.....should be nice. Tomorrow housework, and family party. Sunday my dd 7 is in a triathalon........so lots of fun things to look forward to!

LIz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote