Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-02-2005, 06:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Monday Chat ~ May 2

good morning gang!

I've got to get ready for work. youngest ds just left for band practice. They have their final concert tomorrow night. He also got a speeding ticket on the way home from Baton Rouge last night from helping his girlfriend pack up at LSU. I am not a happy camper! He will have to pay his ticket which is not gonna be cheap, and his insurance will probably go up, which is really gonna put a dent in his pocket, and I'm note sure he doesn't have to appear in court bec he hasn't turned 17 yet. Here in Louisiana if you get any kind of ticket while you are 16 you have to appear before the Judge, take a chance of losing your license for 2 years and have to go to a driving school. I am really not a happy camper seems like seeing an 18 wheeler attached to the front of his brother's truck would make you stop and realize what could have happened if everybody had been going fast. them teenagers!

I need some coffee!

will check back later.

hope everyone has a peaceful day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:20 AM   #2  

ok I've had my

where is everybody at?
Old 05-02-2005, 10:38 AM   #3  
prepare for the BEST time

Here I am real quick.....I'm buried in end of year reports, I feel like I'm in a giant litter-box and the cats keep covering me in bull-S***!!!!!

I exercised for 45 mins this AM, cardio and wts., had another dinner date with Mr. New-person who seems nice-but-we'll-see-if-he's-an-idiot....got a new haircut, I love it!

Oh and I *think* my buttisimo is looking smaller.....I was pleased with the mirror as I checked myself for work today! BBL, have fun guys!!!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:40 AM   #4  
wetnoses

New to this group, not sure how to use the bells and whistles yet. I'm hoping to find some friends here, since I am beginning to think I spend half of my life on the computer! Bad for the Buns, I know! When is someone going to make a treadmill with internet access? I just entered my profile (I think). I hope I get the hang of this!
wetnoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:57 AM   #5  

Welcome wetnose......keep on checking in with us..........you'll get the hang of things. Looking forward to getting to know you and the other newcomers to our little piece of the 3fc world.

Hope you have fun on your date marble........I had a dream last night that I was on a date with a blind fellow.....he was crazy about me........was so odd.........my hubby was in the dream too,but we weren't together. Wish I could interpret dreams, though I rarely remember them.

I worked nights all weekend.........and saw dd13 off on her week long trip to Prince rupert/prince george.........how is the weather in your neck of the world April?

To you mothers who have sent your kids on these trips.......does any of their stuff come back with them?

I am working 3 more night shifts this week so I won't get much done. I have a scrapbooking workshop on Saturday and need to spend at least 10-12hours prepping for that, organizing materials, cropping and sorting pics etc. My houses looks like a bomb hit it.......there is piles to do around the yard, the garage is a disaster, it goes on and on, oh well.......I'll get to it all eventually.

Where is Lynnie? There are a lot missing in action, hope we hear from everyone today.

Cathy sorry to hear about your son's ticket.......wow 16......unfortunately this age group thinks they are invinsible. How can he afford to pay for a vehicle,gas and insurance at the age of 16? How many are you having for his grad party? Is this over and above the party he has with his classmates? Why is he graduating from high school so young? Will he go on to post secondary in the fall?

Hang in there everybody and so shall .

Liz

Last edited by liz321; 05-02-2005 at 11:00 AM.
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 11:31 AM   #6  

Hi Liz.....for a check on your *dreams* check out Swoon.com...."your everyday oracle". there is a dream dictionary.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:12 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. I've been coming here and reading for awhile and figure maybe I should introduce myself as you seem like a great and supportive group.
I've been on Paxil for almost two years, I think. I don't know how much its helping, but I know it helps a bit. Right now it doesn't feel like its doing anything as I can't get my head to be quiet and quit spinning. I think its helped me gain weight though as I've hit an all time high. I'm heavier now than I was for any of my three pregnancies, thats hard to get my head around. But I figure if I keep plugging along I'll get it all figured out one day!
liz I'm in Prince George and its suppose to be nice here this week. My dd17 spent 10 days of her spring break in Italy. I spent a lot of time on the internet following her flights and looking at live cams of where she should be. I was so relieved to get her back home!
Well I hope I'm doing this right and everyone have a great day.
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 12:12 PM   #8  

Good morning all, Welcome, Pam, Cassandra, and Wetnoses. I know you will find the support you need here. Often just the action of writing something helps me to see what the problem really is. Cathy---glad the older is only purple and keeping his sense of humor about himself. ....and the ticket --Was it a speed trap place? He might want to get his speedometer calibrated. Sometimes that helps. I have been sticking to my diet shakes with some added fruit and veggies and doing well. Better not to obsess over food for me.

I am having a rough Mon. DH and I had a fight, no actually we don't fight-- we have short discussions followed by long periods of silence. As I was writing this, I realized we have several things happening-- we are still grieving the death of our grandson which is taking its toll on our lack of communication added to his traveling a lot--3-4 days a week. When he is gone, I am used to just doing things by myself so that when he comes home I just don't even think about asking him before I do stuff. Although in truth he does the same thing to me. Oh well, after 30 years, I should know who he is
tcstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:03 PM   #9  

welcome to Wetnoses and Buddly and Fatbat from last week (you ann't so fat)!!! jump into all conversations, this is a great group!
Old 05-02-2005, 01:10 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome Everyone !!!!

Gotta make this a quick hello so HELLO !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:32 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
I'm alive but exhausted lately so not been on the puter much. No Not PG NO! I just finished my period THANK YOU SEASONALE ITS FINALLY OVER! i'm a little excited
I'm looking for a WLS dr so I can explore that option more seriously. I'm off to enjoy some harry potter on my lunch break hopefully bbl if my boss doesn't start hovering!
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 03:03 PM   #12  

Welcome to all the newbies. Glad to have you with us.

The weather is nasty here today. Wet, rainy and a bit chilly. That stinks. I had weigh in on Saturday and I lost 2 lbs. Yeah. I'm so happy. This week will be good as well. Well it's almost time for me to head off to lunch.
SKermie17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 03:13 PM   #13  

KO, have you seen Dr. Mehta's bariatric surgery center? He's pretty *big* (no pun intended) and has his own infomerical down by the lady knights area...but I don't think you are a candidate from the size of your tracker?

I am finally in a good exercise & eating mode.....I've been working out consistently for almost 2 weeks and increasing the duration and intensity on a steady basis. So far I've gone as long as 47 mins. at 70-80% of my max, sweating through 2 t-shirts a workout...my upper body strength is beginning to show and I feel more comfortable with my body. My eating is controlled with the Meridia and Xenical, but the weightloss has been a long slow process...but at least I'm making progress. I have put the scale under the bed for now and am using the "pants-o-meter"

It seems that the only way I am sure to get a work-out in is first thing in the morning after a cup of coffee....so I get up at 430AM-445AM....take care of the catbox and turn on the DVDs and TV....my latest exercise "toy" is the urban re-bounder and although I felt RIDICULES at first.....my legs were tired, my HR hit the 140s and stayed up and it is harder than it looks, but I'm not straining my knees or ankles (at my advanced age of 48 I worry about these things). I do this whole workout with aerobic segments and interval weight training I put together myself and it seems to be working for me.....at home I don't worry about what I look like, there is a mirror in the living room to check my form and the cats & dog don't laugh at me (or they hide it well).

I just hope I can stick with it, for me it is hard to be stay focused with exercise....I do really well, then something happens and I stop completely, now I am trying to take off one day a week to rest.....but I'm almost afraid to.... I want so badly to recover my shape I'm getting obsessive....
Old 05-02-2005, 04:27 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6"

Hi again and thanks for the welcome. I spoke to soon about the weather, typical, the sun is hiding and we are now in rain. Oh well I guess the grass and trees need watering.
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:41 PM   #15  

Welcome wetnoses & buddly! look forward to getting to know ya'll! would love to hear how ya'll picked your member name. I'm always curious about that.

Marble - congrats on the exercise! you are doing great! I need a walk sooooooooo bad!

tcstart - I hope you and dh make up quickly. I'm sure we all know how uncomfortable that kind of tension can be. Hope the tension eases up. No it wasn't a speed trap, but he says he couldn't have been going as fast at the Trooper said, but of course, what teenager wouldn't say that - heck I would say that if I got a ticket. But I may ask him if he would like to get his speedometer calibrated. Not a bad idea.

Liz - I never let anything important go off in bags on trips with my teens. A lot of the stuff makes it back, but some of it doesn't they don't have moms with them making sure they keep up with all there stuff.

Ok to answer your questions. Christian will turn 17 on May 25, a few days after he graduates. He is graduating early because he skipped his 11th grade and instead of beng a Junior this year, took one extra course by mail last summer, and was a Senior this year. His 1994 Ford Pickup was given to him by a very generous uncle. He works with dad (lawn service) to make money for his gas and insurance, but during school has only paid a portion of those things. During the summer when he is working full time he will pay for all of it. How many for the grad party? well we had at least 75 for Cody's. We have it at our youth center at church and do a huge gumbo and dh is having a big fish fry. All of this will be done after the graduation service on the night of May 20. He will invite his friends, but his class really doesn't have a class party. We are in a small school, only about 80 graduating and they don't do a group party or overnight lock in like most schools. Yes he is going to college in the Fall. We are fortunate to have a good one about 30 minutes from our house so he will drive to class and live at home.

hugs,
cathy