Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-22-2005, 09:46 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Tuesday, March 22nd Chat

Good Morning,

Boss is on his way back so I'll be quick !!

LOVE YOU !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:15 AM   #2  

Morning everyone!

No cake but I did have a kitkat......hubby calls me kittykat so it is sort of our little "thingy".

It was a nice day 41 isn't so bad so far.

Elilz

HI leens.........I'll check in later gang!
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:42 AM   #3  
prepare for the BEST time

It is a GOOD day so far! I remembered my pants (and sox too)......I can say "no thanks, I'm full"....and mean it! I am eating about 40-50% less depending on the day and feel great on the Meridia, no problems. i now finish dinner and finish eating for the day, no more cruising the kitchen at night.....eating seems to be not as "important"....I still eat regular food, just less of it and much less chocolate/sugary stuff....I feel like a regular person, not an obsessed shark!

Someone told me my buttisimo looked smaller today! (it was a close co-worker who knows my struggle).....

I got my state tax refund dumped into my account! what a great surprise to find $$$$$! (this is a rare treat).

BBL, have a great day!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

well once again I have made a note to myself that if I am gonna get in my exercise that I have got to get up at 5 am and do it. The rest of my day is just too dang busy to get it in. Excuse me for this analogy but somedays I feel like an old momma dog with 20 little puppies hanging off of her - if you catch my drift! I feel like everybody needs me and is sucking the life out of me! I don't mind being needed - actually I like it sometimes - but sometimes I just get drained.

Sooooooooo today my alarm went off at 5 and I made myself get out of that bed and I got in my 2 miles. March Miles = 26.5 Now maybe it will be easier to do what I need to do today.

Joanne - I know AWANA. I guess it is pretty big down here in the south. Great program! Your dh sounds very special. My dh is also emotional about his kids! Would you give you and your dh from me please! and just know that God is still on the Throne and He is still working!

Lynnie - how ya feeling today girlie? gosh you just never know what some of the meds will do when they are mixed! please be careful girlie and take care of yourself! hugs!

Kathy - congrats on the 2 lb loss! YOU GO GIRL hugs

Kier - hope you are feeling better! hugs

Cin - how many meetings today? what did you clean out & organize yesterday?

LindaT - I have a question for you? On our local news yesterday they said that gas is over $3.00 in California right now. I was wondering how much you are having to pay for it? I paid $1.98 for the cheapest gas on Friday. I think that is the most I have ever paid for a gallon. But was wondering how much it is costing you in CA? Also was wondering...just so I will know the difference in "cost of living" what a gallon of milk runs over there? just me being curious as usual.

Liz - I think a kitkat for your birthday is a great idea! that way you get what you want but you don't have a big ole cake hanging around for days! Hope your birthday was special - just like you! hugs!

ok well - I should be working instead of playing - will catch you guys later.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:31 AM   #5  

Marble - I meant to say that I am so glad you remembered your pants! hehe you had lots of good news today! major compliant when somebody says your caboose is smaller! glad you are feeling so good on the Meridia! & have fun with your tax refund!

hugs,
cathy
Old 03-22-2005, 12:32 PM   #6  
One day at a time

Hi all! Just wanted to pop in for a bit. Hubby got me a treadmill last night! I am taking it slow and working my way up. I am doing 10 min's twice a day right now. I hope that the weight will poor off! It is a beautiful day today and I am feeling so much better. The blah's I was having are gone right now! Yay!!!

Cathy- gas here in WV is $2.39 a gallon! Ouch!!!!

Liz- good for you on just a kitkat!!!

Marble- what is Merida? I have heard of it but never took it. Congrats on your buttismo compliment! I can't wait until I get our tax refund of course most of it is already spent! Ugh!
tkay90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:47 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

TamemeJamie You are more trhan welcome to post here!!!
Hi Ladies I'm goign to run out and enjoy the sunshine b/c it is GORGEOUS here for one day I will bbl and sneak post
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:29 PM   #8  
prepare for the BEST time

welcome tameme! Tk--there are many different threads stating opinions on Meridia (subutramine)....I just started it 3 weeks ago....basically it works with a certain chemical in your brain to signal that you are full sooner than after eating too much. It works for some people, other people can have a negative reaction such as elevated BP, tachycardia, you have to be monitored by your physician and there are different dosings. it also is having a mild anti-depressant effect on me which is good. website address put out by the manufacturer Abbott labs is www.meridia.net.

as a result of the buttisimo compliment, I completely blew off the drug company luncheon today and headed for the salad bar...you are what you eat and I have no desire to resemble a lasagna or cheese-steak!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 03:16 PM   #9  

Welcome Tamemejamie! we would love for you to join us here.
tell us about yourself! I love your Avatar!
do you like to walk for exercise? or use a treadmill?
I do a lot of walking for exercise.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:31 PM   #10  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Hi, everyone,

Just a quick note. I am on my way to the dentist. Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and encouragement. I am feeling sad without my daughter here, so life is kind of a challenge right now. I appreciate you guys so much. I hope everyone is having a blessed day.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 04:44 PM   #11  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

I live in southern california and just paid 2.23 for gas, but it averages around 2.45 for most of the city. We used to be some of the very highest in the country, but for better or worse(worse for everyone else I guess) everyone's catching up with us. I think the over $3 is some full service place in an expensive part of L.A. Milk I can't vouch for, lactose intolerant!

Cost of living? Try reading rent ads for the city you are interested in, most of California is pretty miserable, but it really depends on where and what part of the city you're planning on living in.

Doing okay so far today, overcoming a strong feeling of apathy this weekend. Treating myself by going home and doing some workout DVDs, and renting Finding Neverland for tonight or tomorrow. Good luck everyone!
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:44 PM   #12  
CIN

Hi Gals
Welcome all new faces ! Glad to have ya here!

This is a drive thru post because today I wrote a long one...saying something to everyone and lost it somehow.....did not have time to retype it and tonight I am too lazy too ....Consider yourself spoken to!

See you all tomorrow.

Good Night!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 08:17 PM   #13  
One day at a time

I had to laugh Marble at not wanting to look like lasagna and cheese steak!! Too funny! I will talk to my doctor about the merida and see if it would be something I could take. Is it very expensive?
tkay90 is offline   Reply With Quote