Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-11-2005, 08:03 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Friday Chat - March 11

Good Morning,

Sorry I'm MIA, work is VERY busy

I will catch up with you all this weekend

LOVE YOU !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 09:28 AM   #2  
prepare for the BEST time

Good Morning All!

I'm continuing my daily work-outs....I keep telling myself that consistency pays off, but I so want to shrink noticibly, and it feels like forever to see real improvement. Today feels like a {{struggle}}....so I'm trying to arm myself against eating improperly.

I was making my dinner last night (steamed salmon & veggies in lemon/garlic/ and wine. running around the house doing chores....and an hour later I realized that I didn't even turn on the oven So it was after 9:30PM by the time dinner was even ready , BUT I realized then that I wasn't even hungry....I had a small salad while I was waiting and just lost interest in the food...(hooray for Meridia)... so I ate about 2 oz. for the protein value and about 3 green beans.....

BBL....busy,busy at work
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 10:21 AM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Yesterday I had a sugar fest and today I'm paying for it MASSIVE headache The meeting was BS but MY Hair is working over time today and yes it is a little big But I'm hot with 2 Ts! thats HHoTT! SOund it out. Marble you're success is making me reconsider Meridia
Hey Leenie Doll Coem back when you have time!
bbl
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 10:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

busy! did somebody say busy!

bbl

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 10:51 AM   #5  

Kier, I prefer a "salt-fest".....just give me a bag of good old potato chips....

honestly, the meridia makes me feel "good", mentally, (maybe that chemical it acts on needs extra stimulation in my little brain). I read where when meridia first came out in europe as reductol, it was given for depression....Obviously, my experience is in the small % category, but I feel so much like my previous, normal self I'm thrilled. I have much less anxiety, feel positive and most importantly get my *** up outta the bed every day and move.

Both my Internist and psycho-doc. are on vacation so I haven't been able to ask questions and discuss.....the surgeons I work with know less than I do...so i'm patiently waiting for professional info. for another 10 days......
Old 03-11-2005, 11:58 AM   #6  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Hi, everyone,

April, if you don't mind sharing, what are you taking that helps with depression? Hope you continue to feel better.

Leenie, take it easy. Don't work too hard.

Marbleflys, good job on everything. Have you weighed yet, or are you still waiting. I can so relate to the scale anxiety thing.

Good morning Kier and Cathy and everyone else. I went to my nurse-practitioner yesterday and she agreed we need to do something to help me feel better. She does think it is important for me to take thyroid, which is good, but she doesn't want to change it right now. We think that what I have been taking to help me sleep might be causing me to feel really down. I take Risperdal (a very small amount) as the Effexor I take for depression/anxiety wasn't letting me sleep. I am so frustrated!!! I never really wanted to take one thing, and I ended up taking something to help me sleep on top of an antidepressant. Anyhow, I have to wean off the Risperdal and onto Klonopin temporarily and then see how I feel and what to do next. I moved in that direction last night and didn't sleep as well, which freaks me out, but I do feel my mood lifting already. So please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I go through this transition time. I am extremely sensitive to medication and am scared about how all this will work out. I may end up having to change everything. Hope this makes sense. It is hard to talk about. Thank you for listening. I wanted to eat a lot last night because I felt so discouraged and upset about how things are going---but I had a big salad instead and some microwave popcorn. I may have had a few extra points, but basically I did pretty well considering. I have to keep telling myself it will all work out and I will feel better soon.

I hope everyone has a blessed day. Take care, and thank you for the support.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 12:19 PM   #7  

Kathy:

I sometimes am able to relax and sleep better if I do deep breathing and s-t-r-e-t-ching before bed (use a dishtowel if you aren't real flexible). just whatever feels good to relax your neck/back especially, I do it right on my bed. There are some techniques of yoga breathing that really do work.

my scale-o-phobia will gradually diminish as my pants get looser.....
Old 03-11-2005, 05:44 PM   #8  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

Good Evening ladies....it seems the Celexa I was put on is helping in more ways than one. Today I feel pretty darn normal, no anxiety, no depression...overall a good day....and I am finding it easier to watch my portions because I got the lovely side effect of lack of appetite....woo hoo. Right now I am not concerned with that because I do have a slight sinus infection, which usually has the same effect.

So yay for me....I will check in with you all tomorrow. Have a great night!
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote