Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-03-2005, 09:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Monday Chat, Jan 3

good morning gang!

just starting this up

brb
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 12:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

dang! where is everybody at? it's almost noon here.

I got up VERY EARLY this morning - couldn't sleep - and did a 30 minute 2 miles WATP express video and then situps.

And I'm drinking my water, and logging my food and calories and I'm being good! So far so good!

Is everybody staying on track or getting back on track?

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 01-03-2005 at 12:52 PM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 01:45 PM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hey Cathy
I'm finally back on track! and looking for my WW stuff but i have to run dh will be home in 35 minutes and i have to run out with him
bbl
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 03:09 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Sorry Cathy, back to work and well, the boss is keeping me on my toes..sheesh.

I'll write more later

I did get my 45 minutes in today of walking and hopefully weights tonight

Toodles............... for now
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:39 PM   #5  
lanee

S/C/G: 225/215/140

Height: 5'2 1/2

Smile

Hey Gals,
I am just checking in right now. I just finished watching the DVD of Spiderman
2.. I liked it. It was good..
I lazed around until after noon. Then I went do a little grocery shopping.. I also rented the knew Harry Potter video for my dd.. We watched some of it
earlier this afternoon. So far it was ok..
I haven't heard from my sister in a while. She has a new man in her life. Maybe that's why.
I feel down today. My dd snuck out the window of her room again 2 nights ago. Not good! And she didn't go to school today.
Well, talk to ya'll later.
Take care, Lanee...
Laneebm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:09 PM   #6  
Divine Gal

Hello ladies

Its been a busy day for me and I am still feeling under the weather.Its all rainy here YUCK!!! I have therapy tomorrow and i hope she doesn't fall asleep on me gain.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:30 PM   #7  
CIN

Hi Gals
It is late and I havent been home from work long......had 3 meetings today.with 47,56 & 59 members so needless to say am a bit tired.

It has been a good day and everyone loves New Beginnings! I am off to wash my face and veg out on the couch for a while!

Bravo to all who stuck with their plans today and exercised and ate healthier! Take it a day at a time! I did not get in the exercise but ate healthfully!
See you all Tuesday!

Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:39 PM   #8  
Getting back on track!

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I tried to post earlier to everyone and I don't see it so please forgive me for not responding individually. Sounds like everyone is staying busy with going back to work and cleaning house. My doctor is keeping me out until 1/18 as of now. I have still been fighting the YUCK but finally feel a little better today. I can finally swallow and don't feel like my throat is swollen together.
I think I am going to call it a night.
Sweet Dreams to all and see you tomorrow.

Hugs
Setina
Watermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 12:01 AM   #9  
Persistent and Stubborn

Hi Everyone.

I hope it's ok that I post here. I have been looking around the site for a while even though I should be in bed. I just needed to get something off my chest because it has been bothering me a lot lately.

I have battled depression for years and simultaneously trying to lose weight. Things aren't going well this winter so far and I am gaining weight at a remarkably alarming pace.

What is bothering me tonight is that people who don't know/understand have the nerve to say things like "just don't eat it" or "do something else when you want to eat" or any other saying that we've all heard 100 times. Why do they think it is so easy. If it were that easy then we would all be well. When I'm upset and eating to feel better I am not rational so rational solutions don't work. They don't get it. It's infuriating. I also know a few people that kicked smoking or drugs or alcohol and they try to compare it to food. Don't they understand that we still have to eat so it makes it different?

I'm just very frustrated with myself and others right now. Thanks for letting me vent.
shyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:55 AM   #10  
Getting back on track!

Hi Ang,

I know what you mean. I have the opposite problem. I don't eat and gain weight like crazy. When I went to my mom's at Christmas I ate like a pig and just knew I gained 10 pounds, instead I lost 12! Nobody is alike. We have to find what works for us. Just try to turn to something else like a walk or something fun when you get upset..or go brush your teeth so you don't want to eat. Your not alone! See you on the Tuesday chat thread.
Setina
Watermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 11:30 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ang,

WELCOME and most certainly you can post here LOL, we are delighted you are

Ang, lots of people don't understand what we are going through, they never will, just like I pray I'll never understand what a drug addict is going thru. You can never until you are in their shoes. Just ignore them and find folks who can relate, just like us here.

TTLY
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 04:37 PM   #12  

Talking Newbie, but, oldbie!

Hi I am embarrassed that I don' t really know what I am doing. But, I know a few of you from 3fatchicks chat..years ago. I am finding myself blue these days and, am searching for any advice. Bye now. hope this was done correctly?? hahaha!! This is about how I feel right now. hahaha!
Anna-1 is offline   Reply With Quote