Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-08-2005, 08:37 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekend Chat - January 8th and 9th

Good Morning,

Isn't today Elvis' birthday? the big 70? or is that tomorrow. Its amazing how time is flying.

So you lovely ladies, I'm going to read up on the week that I've missed.

Be back in a few.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:48 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Check out the free 3FC's book give away !! AWESOME!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...067#post747067
Old 01-08-2005, 09:34 AM   #3  
Divine Gal

Default Good Morning Ladies

Well guess what ITS SNOWING AGAIN I am so ready for spring now.Dh is making me a lovely smoothie for breakfast.My first so I hope I like it.Today we are going to the nursing home to see BIL and exchange christmas gifts.I also have to go to the store to get my rabbit some bedding.

I still can't get over the excellent mood I have been in.Don't know why; just am...Can you be in a great mood for no apparent reason?

hope yall have a great day

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 10:33 AM   #4  
I CAN DO THIS

Good Morning.

Lynnie ~ It's always go to be in a good mood for no apparent reason.

Leenie ~ Thanks for the offer to PM you I may just do that.

So far this morning.. I am not doing ok. I am trying but it's just not working. I keep having my ups and downs. The downs are the hardest because I feel dead inside and my heart feels like it's completely broken. I was told yesterday that I should go see a shrink. I'm like..No I am not. I haven't been on this site much the last few days. more or less because i have been on the phone talking or packing up stuff I don't need. I know I can come here.. Put all my feeling for the day down.. post it and get positive and negative comments from people who actually care and don't just want to get paid. I have done the shrink think before when I was pregnant with my 6 year old. It did absolutely nothing for me. It's hard being at home. I've had 4 days off in a row and I can't take the silence. My kids help a little but I still think to much and at certain points just want to curl in a ball and cry. Last night I talked with S. and we had a long talk. I know I need to move out and at this point it is going to take another month or so before I can afford to even do that. Fixing things right now and trying to work things out won't happen at this point but we are going to "try" to work on building a friendship again and build up some trust again. I need to move out and just be with my kids to try to attempt to find who I once was again. I have become a hollow shell of the person I love being.
Well I have to go chase the children around my 18 month old wants mommy. She keeps climbing up and down into my lap.
I need to start exercising again and eating right again. I keep telling myself that. Food has no appeal right now. Which isn't good.

Hope Everyone has a good day and great weekend
/hugs

Stephanie =^.~=
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 10:42 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Leenie! IF it is maybe thats why they showed that cinematic classic "Clambake" last night I passed on Elvis as an oil tycoon
Lynnie thats awesome OWN THAT MOOD and slide me some smoothie
Steph maybe you should try meds? I did meds for a while when i was at school and it was free and it really helped give me an edge over my stuff
Today we're waiting for the walker between11 &3 watch it's going to come at 2:59 so we're missing a lunch at MIL's but thats ok with me and for various reason's with DH as well
bbl
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 12:32 PM   #6  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning Steph, Kierie, Leenie, and Lynnie...
It's cold here in Montana AGAIN! Would I love to be living where it's warmer right now. I love the snow but the temperature ain't my thing.

What's on the agenda today? More cleaning here and trying to stay warm. I have more boxes to go through. I'm weeding out stuff we don't use and I'm taking it to Goodwill tomorrow. Get it out of here.

Steph-I am really aching over your post. It brings back the feelings I had when me and my ex got divorced. It'll get better. Doesn't seem like it sometimes, does it? But it will.

I'm kind of feeling bad too, just a little. My little brother (22 yrs.) is ADD and kind of slow. Anyhow my stepdad died in 2002 right before he graduated high school. We had to do his graduation and have the funeral 2 days later. It was very hard on him. Well he was working at a car dealership in town and got in a wreck with their courtesy van and got fired. He hasn't worked since September. It's hard to watch him...he cries now, and he gets very angry about the strangest things. He's been driving around to the same places my stepdad took him when he was alive, and he goes to the cemetary and sits there alot. I told my mom he needs some help but I don't know if she'll do anything. She thinks just having a job will help him. I think he needs more. She's stubborn. She's going through what I would say is a major depression too...but she won't admit to it. She is so overwhelmed and she cries more than I care to say. Welcome to my dysfunctional family. I would have to guess that depression runs in the family because my older brother was treated for it too. What to do?

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 01:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

I did a 60 minute 4 mile WATP Express video this morning. That makes 12 miles so far.

Chris - you asked what worked better for me. Well actually I have a pocket calendar that I keep in my purse. On each day I jot down how many minutes I exercised and I mark off the days of the month that I exercise. This past year I started posting on the walking thread in the Exercise section and they keep up with their miles, so I started counting that too. I can't really say which works best for me - I just keep up with both. Something about jotting it down on that calendar so I can see it, and then coming her and logging it in, just helps me stay on track.

I am so sorry for those that are in pain today and dealing with problems and struggles! hugs & prayers

Lynnie - I am so glad you are feeling well! how did you like the smoothie? how did your dh make it? I love mine and I put a scoop of protein powder in each so they really fill me up.

Leenie - could Elvis really be 70? is that right? good grief louise! what ya doing today girlie?

I've got tons of clothes to do and some picking up around here. cooking and get my ss lesson for tomorrow too.

hope everyone has a blessed day!
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 02:46 PM   #8  

Good morning all....but it is close to noon here now.

So far I am having a lazy day....reading the paper.....sitting at my light box.....now at the computer.....it is still cold......it's the wind that makes it seem colder.

This virus is still hanging on.....I thought the feeling of fullness in my left ear was gone.....it was for a little over 24 hours.....then it was back in the night & today.

I have some good news.....DH & I are going to be 1st time grandparents.....our DS1....who got married in May.....his DW is 5 weeks pregnant.....due on Sept. 8.....we are excited!!!!

Lynnie.....I am glad you are in a real good mood.....I am also today.

Chris....I hope you are feeling better soon.

Stephanie.....I don't know what to say......just to give you hugs across the miles.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 03:34 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Everyone,

Its a bone cold day here in Joisey, its raining and just so achy cold (hate it). So this morning when I got up I was very stiff to say the least (arthritis and DDD in the spine), so I sat, had my coffee, fed DD breakfast and started cleaning, did the laundry, kitchen, living room, bathroom then headed upstairs, cleaned DD's room, the bathroom and got on the treadmill for 1/2 hr. Took a shower and then ate my first meal for the day which was at 1 pm LOL. I had fried up a whole bag of coleslaw mix and when it was nice and done I added some veggie egg beaters to it, got that all cooked and put it on a tortilla w/a dab of cheese. YUM the thing weighted about a pound LOL so the total calories was no more than 250. I also had some baked tostitoes and salsa. Gotta fill up on those veggies ya know.

DD is napping

Stephanie, I'm so sorry hon your going thru this. I can not say I know how you feel b/c I don't. I can only tell you about my sister. She was married for 17 years, 4 kids, 22, 16, 5 and 7 years old. About 1 1/2 years ago, her DH left her and moved in with a 23 year old girl (he is almost 40) well let me just say, my sister was crushed, I mean crushed, now here she is, to fend for 4 kids by herself b/c this arse won't pay her child support either. Stephanie, this is a year and 1/2 later, and she is now the happiest person ever!!! her DH leaving was the best thing that ever happened to her. It litterely gave her her life back. You see my sister was over 400 lbs, she was so miserable w/him and was eating herself into an early grave. After he left she has managed to lose about 120 lbs now, she goes out every other week with her girlfiends to a dance, and is loving life once again. In the beginning I wanted to ring his neck, but now I think I want to thank the @()@&%&@) !!!! Well I still wanna ring his nect too LOL !!! So you see some times things happen for a reason, I belive there are better things just waiting to happen to you in your life, you have wonderful kids to cling to, to help you through this, don't forget. We are here for you, don't forget that either. Time sweetie, time will help. Hang in there and know you can cry on our shoulders. Just remember, good days are ahead of you, just keep your pretty eyes open and watch for them

Lynnie, enjoy your smoothie and enjoy the happy feeling ride !!! don't analyze it, just enjoy

Cathy good for you for doing 4 miles, egads, you go girl !!

Cin, how has work been ? bet lots of folks are signed up ready to make a new start.

Tippy, how's things in construction land ? We just got done taking pictures of my living room b/c we are DONE!!! after 13 years sigh... but worth it, its everything I've ever dreamed of and more.

Babycakes...where ya been ?

Chris, I'm sorry to hear about your brother, losing some one so dear can do such damage. After the loss of my sister I gained 80 lbs I think the only thing your brother needs is a job to keep his mind occupied and time... I still have a hard time after 7 years but its not until recently I feel like I'm ready to live again (I've been to councelers too). Reasure your brother and tell him its okay to cry and grieve, there's nothing to be ashamed about either. Keeping it in does more harm than good. You all will be in my prayers. Dysfunctional is my family's middle name.....your not alone.

Kierie !!!! whats shakin toots ? hows this cold rain makin ya feel. I am soooooo achy I could scream. The damp is always the worst for me. How's your sis doing ?

April, feel better. Everyone has been so sick here too, and now they are saying there is a surplus of flu vaccines so hurry and go get one. Yeah right.. I've already had the flu lololol. Hot cup of tea and a good book !! How's WW ??? but mostly CONGRATS on being a GRANDMA! Granny, G'ma, Nanna, MiMi LOLOL, I'm so thrilled for you. And I know you must be squirming in your seat LOLOL.

Joanne, how are you? How's the walking cast ?

Lizzy.......you still sleepin whats up with you girlie? you do know I'm thinking about you and praying.

Setina, whats new lady, how's it going ?

Lanee, whats doing by you ? how's your daughter ?

I'll be back later....
Old 01-08-2005, 03:42 PM   #10  
Walking by faith

Smile Good Day Ladies

I'm still taking baby steps-but I'm making progress .

Just to clarify: I'm STILL in a cast, but I can bear weight on my right foot for the first time in 7 months! I wear a "cast boot" and I've been able to walk down the hall of my doctor's office, all the way to the door. Even a month ago, I didn't think I'd ever be able to do that! I actually walked into Wal-Mart last night, and my favorite door greeter gave me a sticker!

Kierie: I hope they come through with your walker today! Please let us know

Leenie: Let us know how your week went! I think today is Elvis' 70th-thankyaveramuch

Cathy: For your exercise efforts! You're doing great

Chris: I live in GA now, but I grew up in New England. We moved down here from ME 14 years ago. I still remember winter days when it was so cold it almost hurt to breathe! I'm sorry to hear about your mom and brother and their problems with depression. All you can do is keep loving and supporting them, and encourage them to seek help

Stephanie: I'm sorry you're going through such a dark time right now. Please keep coming here and sharing with us. Sometimes it helps to open up about what you're going through, even if it's painful.

Lynnie: I'm glad you're doing so well . Hope you and DH enjoy your visit with your BIL, and stay safe out in the snow :snf:

April: Congratulations! You must be so excited!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 04:04 PM   #11  
Focus on the Process

Leenie,
You have arthritis too? I'm not alone. I have rheumatoid arthritis. How bout you? I thought my life ended when all these strange aches started happening to me. That was 5 yrs ago when I was 28 yrs old. It's gotten much worse since that point but thank God for good medicine and the great doctor I have. I hurt some days but nowhere near what I was before. I had a time when it took me 10-15 min. to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and it's right next to our bathroom. Walking was almost impossible. I'd break out in a sweat just going down the five stairs to the second level of our house and have to take a break at the bottom. The pain was so excruciating at times that I was begging God just to let me die. I can honestly say that sometimes the pain was so unbearably excruciating, that I'd rather go through childbirth again.

~chris
Old 01-08-2005, 07:32 PM   #12  
Divine Gal

My smoothie was absolutely wonderful.I have more in the freezer. Dh made it by blender with strawberries, raspeberries, blueberries, lemon juice, vanilla frozen yogurt,applejuice, and ice.I got the recipe from here in the low fat smoothies.

Our visit with BIL went very well and he liked his Christmas presents.We also bought him some wings for lunch and we ate with him.He was excited because he has been wanting wings for awhile now.We got him 2 pair of sweat pants; which are easy for him to get on.My mom and dad bought him something too.Two shirts!!

My mood is still very good and the snow is melting.YAY!! But I think we are supposed to get more.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 01-08-2005, 08:23 PM   #13  
Focus on the Process

Lynnie-Don't want to seem to forward but why is your BIL in the nursing home? I'm glad you got to spend time with him. We got alot of snow today. I'm thinking we are in for some more too. YIKES!

Okay back to the attention starved Dh...

~chris
Old 01-08-2005, 09:09 PM   #14  
Oooo Silly Me!

Afternoon Everyone…

Chrily – yes, I know what the nebulizer is… I was just commenting on the steroid ones… sucky I was glad to be off them too, unfortunately after we had those huge fires out here in California, I’ve had to go back on them because I guess my inhalers weren’t doing as good of a job. We stood outside at 4 a.m. wetting down our roof in the middle of raining ash. I should have known better. I was wearing a mask, unfortunately my mind was elsewhere… So I may have ticked off my lungs after doing all that. But yes, I definitely did not like the steroids. I hope your kids are doing better. Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss… I just hope my roller coaster ride is slowing down hehehe!

Leenie – I here! For some reason I thought Elvis’ bday was in August… either way I LOVE HIM heheheh… Joisey? Why Leenie, since when did you get an accent heheheh…

Steph – There were points where I was like you to. I really hate taking medication so I never went to see a doctor. You know honestly, in the last year, I’ve been doing okie. I too couldn’t take the silence in my house. I found that going back to school, getting a job and just busying myself kept my mind off of thinking and dwelling on hard times. Have you tried busying yourself? Maybe Scrapbooking, or volunteering at a school. I used to volunteer at the school for the deaf out here… which seems odd, because even there it was really quiet, but I found the children really made things brighter. Such silliness! However, sometimes even those things don’t work and sometimes you just gotta go in and talk to someone. It seems to be working great for me, it also helps with my eating binges as well. Remember tho, nothing replaces the advice of a doctor, but I understand how you feel about a lot of the talking with shrinks and what not just doesn’t seem to do much, maybe just gotta find the right person. Whatever you do, please let us know how everything goes! *big hugz*

CATHY – WOWWWIE! 4 miles… you are truly an inspiration. You know, I started back up on the WATP 15 minute video… I thought I was gonna die!! I remember when I was doing well with the 30 minute video. Eeesh, how fast we get out of shape. YOU GO GIRL!

April – hey there… yes definitely a lazy day. I’m helping out my stepdaughter with a project that she’s doing. I really gotta stop though because I’m taking over the whole project LOL I love arts and crafts stuff! She’s making a small town, where she has to build a town with shops ands homes and stuff like that. I just got down making mountains and homes for her. That virus, I think, has gone around twice here… James has been sick twice with whatever it is that’s floating around. I hope you feel better soon!

Joanne – baby steps is the best way to go no matter what you are doing. Keep it up! YAY! *big hugs*

Well ladies, I think I’ve done very well so far with my program. I did over eat a little on Wednesday by about 196 calories, but I’m ok with that. Nothing much this weekend other than keeping on program, getting more exercise in… OOHH! And I’m gonna work on beating Cathy in miles at least I’ll try. I think I’m behind only by about 20 miles *big hugz Cathy* Once I get that out of the way, I will be helping Brit with a school project, which I need to slow down on because I might be helping to much hehehehehe! Those crafty projects really get the best of me heheh…

I don’t know if I have said this, and if I have, then I don’t say it often enough… You ladies are truly an inspiration to me. It lets me know that even tho I falter, I can pick myself up and get right back on track and I won’t get shot down because of it. I truly hope that anyone who comes here will see the same inspiration and will get sucked into the wonderful, supportive and wanting atmosphere here.

Two thumbs up to everyone here!

Love you all…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 10:19 PM   #15  
Divine Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrily
Lynnie-Don't want to seem to forward but why is your BIL in the nursing home? I'm glad you got to spend time with him. We got alot of snow today. I'm thinking we are in for some more too. YIKES!

Okay back to the attention starved Dh...

~chris
Chris:
you are not being forward. Back in March he had a brain aneurysm that disabled him mentally for awhile but physically it took its toll even more. He is disabled and is wheelchair bounded for long periods and uses a walker sometimes.

*hugs*
lynnie