Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-25-2004, 09:50 PM   #1  

Question I'm fat and I know it and I need help!

Hi I'm a newbie and I need help I don't know if I should start a low calorie diet or a low fat one? I'm 190lbs 5'4" and fat I gain 40lbs in 5 yrs after having 5 kids in a row. my goal weight is a fit 140lbs I want to lose 2lbs a week. is it possible? please help thanks. Oh yeah you think with 5 kids I will be thin from running after them but no I'm too depressed from being fat to do much running all I do is eat the kids left-overs as well as mine I hate this fat I want it gone!

Last edited by sweetapples; 12-25-2004 at 09:55 PM. Reason: word don't belong
sweetapples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 10:09 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi and Welcome !!

Yes, 2 lbs a week is definitly doable. I think the first thing you should do is pick a plan that you think you can live with and go with that. Healthy fruits, veggies, whole grains and low fat/calories I believe would work well but before you start any diet and/or exercise plan, you should talk to your doctor (sounds like a commercial huh LOLOL) but its the truth. Especially if you are depressed. Maybe your physician can help you with some meds. Don't forget, meds don't necessarly have to be long term, some times folks just need them to help them thru a slump and get them back on track. So talk to your doctor.

Its a new day, be glad and rejoyce. You get a new start, so why not today.

I would like to invite you to join us silly nits on the daily thread here. Its where we share our day to day activities and where we get to know each other better !!

Hope to see you there.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 10:22 PM   #3  

Lightbulb Thank You So Much Leenie!

I would love to join you thanks also for the very nice prayer and advice!

Last edited by sweetapples; 12-25-2004 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Mispelled word
Old 12-25-2004, 11:08 PM   #4  
Walking by faith

Wink Hi Sweetapples!

You picked a great place for support I can join with Leenie in telling you to find a well-balanced plan that's doable for you. And please keep coming in here and posting.

Welcome! :snf:
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 05:29 PM   #5  

Talking Thanks

Thanks Homebound! I will do just that
Old 12-27-2004, 08:25 AM   #6  
CIN

Default welcome

Welcome Sweetapples.................we look forward to helping you........you can win the battle if you want it bad enough and you sound like you do!

Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote