Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-23-2004, 07:54 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Thursday Chat - December 23rd

Good Morning

2 more days

Whats everyone doing this fine day ?

I'm not sure yet, I have alot of cleaning to do but eh, ya know how that goes.

Lynnie have a safe trip to Mom's today !!!!! And MERRY CHRISTMAS!

BBL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 08:47 AM   #2  
CIN

Good Morning Back at you!
Ice moved in while we were sleeping last night..nothing like the ice storm we had a while back..but enough to cover everything and snap some branches off the trees. I could hear it hitting the window while we were sleeping!

I am staying home all day to make cookies.cheese balls, sausage balls & dip!
I invited a few people over who I know are alone..whether they will come or not I dont know but I sort of impulsively invited them for snacks Christmas Eve! I can hardly stand the thought of someone not having anyone to be with on Christmas Eve. So hopefully they will come!

I heading up to the attic to pul out the punch bowl and some fancy dishes I seldom use to decorate the dining room table nicely...it is fun to have the peace and quiet and time to do this.................I dont enjoy the hustle and bustle.I enjoy the soft music and peace of Christmas.

It is a wonderful time of year to reflect on all the GOOD things in out life.the little things seem to be the most important. Even with the ice.it is pretty and we are going to have a WHITE Christmas!

Later
Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 09:30 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just popping in to wish everyone a great holiday! Be nice to yourself as much as you can and think on how lucky we all are!
:merry:
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 10:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Well good morning gang! :wave

such nice messages this morning! and so nice to see Ruthie too! *hugs & smooches*

hey? how cold is everybody's weather today? it was 70 here yesterday, then a big ole rainfront came thru and it is 32 this morning, with a windchill of 22. It is COLD and WINDY brrrrrrrrrrr, but guess what, we have a 20% chance of snow tomorrow, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! that would be an absolute FIRST and I will have to see it to believe it - but it would be sooooooooo cool! I have only seen snow twice in my life so it would really be something to see some snow in Louisiana at Christmas.

I've been trying to eat a lot of soup and salad this week to make up for the extra nibbling at this time of the year, but yesterday my boss's lovely wife brought me a huge christmas cookie jar full of homemade fudge. I'm keeping the cookie jar bec it is so cute, but on my way home yesterday I called a couple of friends and had them run out to the car with a plate and loaded them up with the fudge. haha I think I made it home with 3 pieces. (I ate one) I am the only one at my house that even eats fudge -and I sure didn't need that around my house - very sweet of her - but I don't need the calories -I don't want to mess up my 13 lb weight loss too much - so just found some skinny friends.

ok I really gotta run - busy at work - errands at noon - gotta go by my mom's after work and inject 2 turkeys that we are frying tomorrow for Christmas dinner at her house - run run run - tis the season! I'm with you Cin - I like the peace and wonder of Christmas - not the hustle and bustle.

will check back later.

ya'll be good!

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 12-23-2004 at 10:32 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 10:46 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
we didnt get out of the mall till After midnight! UGH but just about Everyones done I'm doing my shopping list for the party and figuring out some extra decor. I have to hit the showers and get moving!
bbl
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 11:13 AM   #6  
lanee

S/C/G: 225/215/140

Height: 5'2 1/2

Cool

HI Ladies,
How is everyone this morning? I am fine. It is cold though.. I work this afternoon. 3-11pm. I got my cup of coffee making.
Hey Cathy, It is supposed to MAYBE snow over here too. WOW!! That would be nice. Cause the last time it REALLY snowed alot here where I live was about when I was 7 yrs. old.. Give or take a year.
I enjoy the peace of Christmas too. Not the hustle and bustle!! Oh well..
I work until 6 or 6:30 tomorrow night. Christmas Eve..Not bad. I don't know where we will go for Christmas. Maybe my Nanny's house. If I feel like it.
If I don't feel too down or depressed. It depends. Maybe me and my dd and hubby might celebrate Christmas alone. Together..
Well, I am going fix me a cup of coffee.
Ya'll have a blessed day.. Hugs, Lanee...
Laneebm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 11:37 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default A Holiday Chuckle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/derby/fun_stuff...er_names.shtml

It tells you your Christmas name so that santa can find you
Mine are
for Kieran ( my real name) Lucky Dancing Tinsel
For Kierie My nick here and my fam nick Cutie Dancing Tinsel
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 11:55 AM   #8  
CIN

Default for Cathy!

Cathy
I am bursting with pride that you would drop fudge off to others on your way home and keep very little! That is worthy of a loud applause from Ky!

I am made fudge and sausage balls this morning for FRi night.............making the dip next!

Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 12:14 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Kierie HAAAAAAAAA !!! mine is "Cutie Kissy-Noodles"
I used my real name and my name here, Leenie HAAAAAAAA!!! how cute. Egads on the midnight shopping at the mall...you get a bravo!! from me

Cin, I HATE ice storms, there's nothing more scary than that for folks that have to travel in it. I agree, I love the quiet day of just decorating and listening to music, I always play my Jim Reeves music I hope the weather's not to bad and your friends show up.

Cathy congrats on the fudge....I gotta say, its not my weakness but I would probably eat it anyway ((((oink)))) GOOD JOB !!!!

Lanee I hope your feeling okay and have a wonderful Christmas, weather its with nanny or at home with DH. HUGS

RUTHIE !

I just finished another batch of cookies, thumb print this time. Approcot and raspberry ... DH is in cookie heaven

Now off to the bath tub with DD

Talk to you all later.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 12:18 PM   #10  
Walking by faith

Wink Hi Ladies

All of you who live in the North/Midwest have been in my thoughts and prayers because of the weather, especially Lynnie. Please stay safe out there

Cathy: HOORAY for you! Only one piece of homemade fudge! . Celebrating is fine, but keeping it in moderation is hard.

Ruth: Nice to see you here. Merry Christmas!

Lanee: Thinking of you and your family. Spending Christmas with just your hubby and dd sounds like a great idea. Keeping it simple is a lot less stressful :sman:

Kierie: The mall was open 'til Midnight . WOW! I checked that Christmas name site-mine is something like "Cutie Butterball Fairy"

Leenie: You can come clean my house too!

CIN: Christmas Eve at your house sounds wonderful! You've been working hard-I'm sure your guests will be blessed

April, Liz, Tippy, SueMarie, Lynnie: Hope you're having a blessed day :sman: :sball2: :sball:
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 02:32 PM   #11  

Can't make a regular post right now. Something is a bit goofy. I'll try later.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 08:05 PM   #12  

Hi everyone.....just checking in to say hello. DS2 & his GF arrived Tuesday night.....nice to visit with them.
I lost .6 of a lb.....now 9.6 lbs.

Went to WalMart to pick up a last minute things.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote