Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-16-2004, 12:34 AM   #1  

Default Thursday, Dec. 16

Hi everyone.....I guess I am cheating here a bit.....it isn't midnight here.....but it's the 1st chance I have had to come here today.

DH & I went to a luncheon today with friends.....I tried to watch what I ate.....but I still ate 18 1/2 points at the lunch.....then I went for facial waxing.....then DH & I went & walked at the multiplex.

I just remembered....it is one of my sisters birthday.....on the 16th....will have to call her.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 01:16 AM   #2  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hi April! Nah, not cheating!

Achoo -- it never fails, I'm sick for Christmas again. It might sound strange, but I was happy that I was sick two weeks ago, because that would mean that I wouldn't be sick for Christmas... well I guess I was wrong

Two more days of work... looking forward to it. I have a portion of my christmas stuff done. My santa rat sleigh, and my candy canes. I will have to wait for next year to have my Ratdeer out. I didn't get everything cut out of the plywood this time around. At least I got something done tho! I will post pictures soon hehehehe... As soon as I can stand long enough

I'm off to bed with some nyquil and a heating pad... ACHOO

April... is there a goal in points you need to stay under?
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 11:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

man am I tired this morning. don't know why, but I am, and I've already had my 2 cups of coffee!

Last night we had a great turn out - there were 31 of us. It is always encouraging when that many 12th graders show up for something! had a great time!

After work today, I have to bake a batch of cupcakes for the bake sale at the christmas band concert that starts at 6:30, so I will be running! I don't think I have anywhere to be tomorrow night .... yet haha

what's everybody doing today?

Lanee - I know the holidays can be really rough when dealing with the loss of loved ones! My dad passed away a few years ago, and both my grandparents passed away in August. My mom has thrown herself into Christmas and is really busy and is starting some "new" and "different" traditions this year. I think it helps her in dealing with the holiday memories. I would think that your daughter would enjoy having Christmas decorations - even if she never tells you - and you might enjoy doing them for her! sometimes teenagers act like they don't care about the christmas decorations and all the things we do around the holidays - but they do! they really do! If you were asking opinions - I really think it would be good for ya'll if you could muster up the energy to do some decorations this year. and it doesn't have to be elaborate to be special. and personally, I think it honors our deceased loved ones when we make the holidays as special as possible and remember the good times we've had in years past and make new memories that our families will remember when they look back. just my 2 cents. hope you don't mind me putting my thoughts on here.

well gang, I need to be working instead of playing.

Hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 11:26 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Sorry I was MIA yesterday with the cold I didn't do to much. . .I barely made dinner. Dh got a goodiebox from work so we had 2 cookies. SBD is goen and I doubt it will come back its been like an energy sucker in the winter I need extra energy just to stay upright. we got the rollator. . The basket is pitifully small but we'll fenagle something.
SueMarie I can't wait to see your sleigh!
Cathy thats pretty great for 12th graders
Lanee DD probably needs to readjust to not being in the hospital. . .Do a little somethign christmas. . .do it for you you deserve it!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 01:20 PM   #5  
Divine Gal

Default hello ladies

We are actually getting a sunny day before we get hit by another lake effect snow.Its actually very pretty outside and very BRIGHT!!! I have been up since early this morning cleaning.I have gotten dishes done, vaccuming, and the plants watered.Now I am just taking a break before I start getting things ready for dinner.I think dh will enjoy it I haven't made a meatloaf in awhile.I am so proud of myself also.Wanna know why? I haven't touched a cookie since i made them.YAY ME!

I am getting really excited about my trip to Maryland to see my family for the holidays.I really miss my mom alot.I will get to see my Goddaughters too.I got dh christmas gifts in the mail today.I got him LOTR Return Of the King Extended Edition and a cookbook "Savannah CookBook"its by Paula Dean from the FoodNetwork.He loves her.I have to admit I like her too but her food is so yummy looking; just looking at it could harden your arteries.LOL

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 02:06 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

lynnie I love paula deen too! I order DH one more gift it is an ionic foot massager thing
I had chinese food today and I thought it was going to be so good boy was I dissapointed it was a greasefest! GROSS!
WEll at least my tastes are changing!
bbl
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 03:20 PM   #7  
Divine Gal

KO

sometimes its better if your taste are changing.The last time I had chinese; it wasn't all that great either.
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 03:29 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick hello and I'm off. I am officially on vacation starting at 4:30 pm today !! whooohoo. Tomorrow is Leenie day, I'm getting my hair cut I need it sooooo bad LOL.

Have a wonderful evening

HUGS !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 04:37 PM   #9  
CIN

Helllllllooooooooooooooo Ladies
I am pooped and still have a Grandsons BD Party tonight.Jake is 6 and we are having a Pirate Party........guess we will all wear eye patches!

I started making desserts at 6:30 this morning.made 12 batches of fudge for the church staff.There are 13 on staff and tomorrow several of us have put together an "appreciation"Potluck for their lunch...a nice hot meal.so I made each a loafpan (mini) of Peanut butter fudge to take home with them!

I am taking augratin Potatoes ans Spinach salad with glazed pecans and mandarin oranges!

Good for you Lynnie.no cookie tasting! I bet you are looking forward to the trip home.
Leens.have a good Leens Day tomorrow!
Cathy.............we are or were free Fri night :sman: :snf: too but quickly decided to take in some lights and dinner...here with me cooking (again) HaHa!With DD #2 and her new boyfriend ( her divorce is finally over after one year!)

Well..I am off again.................tis the season to be Jolly fa lah lah lah lah lah lah lah!
Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 04:38 PM   #10  
CIN

Default correction......

Correction 13 pans of fudge!Did not leave someone out!
Cin~
Old 12-16-2004, 05:40 PM   #11  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Everyone!

Cathy – Glad the concert/assembly went well We Chicks have definitely become super busy! It’s much better than sitting at home on the couch watching soaps all the time hehehe… I think that’s also what has saved me from over eating! To much to do and no little time… cept right now I’m winding down… darn cold! *ACHOO*

Kierie – Ugg you have a cold too!? It seems to be going around… I know exactly how you feel… uggg!

Ooh and YAY! I’ll post pictures of my sleigh! It’s done! I just wish I had my ratdeer done too… Santa mouse just doesn’t look right without ratdeer pulling his sleigh But at least I got something done! YAY! I can check off half of this project lol. Only about a million other unfinished projects to go…

Lynnie – We have sun here too… unfortunately we also have those darn Santa Ana winds. I’m waiting for my fence to fall over again I should invest in a cement wall! I made pecan tarts for a staff pot luck… I unfortunately was bitten by the “I gotta sample” bug… I had a few… okie a few too much hehehe…

CIN – ooohh peanut butter is my weakness!! You’ll have to email me a few of those

Liz - Hello!!! How you doing? Hehehe… hope all is well!

Okie let me post those two pictures...

I'm happy with how it turned out, although, when you look at it, you can see where in certain areas, like the black outlining, that my hand was shaking

So... my sisters already threatened to steal them... so I'm thinking of hooking them up to an outlet and anyone who touches gets a zap

Merry Holidays!

Last edited by SueMarie301; 12-16-2004 at 05:46 PM.
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 08:43 PM   #12  
CIN

Default Sue Marie

Sue Marie
That is precious! What talent girl! I would be sooooooooooo proud!
Cin~
Old 12-17-2004, 07:59 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Babycakes THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You my dear are very very very talented. I'd love to have that on my front lawn.... HOW DARLING !!!!!

Ladies, I promise I will catch up with you all tomorrow (Saturday) I have read each of your posts and I will be thinking of you all today.

HUGS!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote