Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-08-2004, 08:20 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wednesday December 8th - CHAT !!

Good Morning,

I have a 1/2 of a nano second to say hello

I miss you all. Everything here is good, the boss is nice (and cute, yeah I keep mentioning that cause he is its good eye candy).

Talk to you all soon.

Hope the season is wonderful for you all so far.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 08:40 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Leenie!
Well at least he is eye candy! I'm hoping that the sun being out today will make me feel better so i'll get off my arse!
I'll post a quick "chili" recipe later
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 09:19 AM   #3  
CIN

Gooooooooooooood Morning Ladies!
Well I completed my official work week yesterday with 6 WWers meetings under my belt! Now today I hope to stay home and get some things accomplished!

I am starting out by posting here while I drink my double milk Smoothie.then I am going to start wrapping presents !

Our church has a mountain of presents to wrap for our downtown Christmas Party on the 18th.I dont mind helping them but really need to attend my own household first THEN I will help them wrap! Sometimes I have a tendancy to help everybody first and then feel so frustrated because I am "behind" with my household obligations! Many times I bring that on myself! Only took YEARS to recognize that!

See you all later!
Santa's oldelf......Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 10:40 AM   #4  

Have to drive dd6 to school then back home to crash! I am so tired and I have so much to do.........one step at a time I guess. I hope all is well with you all!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:44 PM   #5  

Good morning all.....I am on the way out the door to do some Christmas shopping.....was already out to coffee with DH & friends. .....see you later.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 01:46 PM   #6  
Divine Gal

Default Good Afternoon Ladies!

Well; I had Therapy yesterday and it didn't go so well. I really didn't have much to talk about because I was in a funky mood.Second of all; my therapist was falling asleep during the session. I think I embarrassed her though because I asked her Are you falling asleep? I think my funky mood is due to PMS.YUCK!
Dh and I went to the store and picked up the baking ingredients we need to make the cookies.Did I tell ya; we are making enough for an army I think.I am making ricotta cookies. crybabies, and kolaches.He is making all the rest.I never knew how expensive making cookies is.
We have started receiving Christmas Cards.I love getting snail mail.I sent out over 75 Christmas cards this year.Yes you heard right 75.At least I got boxes of them for 99 cents a piece.Thats about 20 cards in each box.

Chrily; we are always glad to have a new face come to the forum.So welcome and post away.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 03:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Afternoon Gang!

It looks like everybody is really busy! and I guess that is pretty normal for this time of the year!

Welcome Chris!

Lynnie! I cannot believe your therapist was falling asleep during the session! is this something you are paying for or something provided thru state health care? goodness, that is not very professional of her! (sorry but for some reason that really bothers me)

KO - so glad the sun is shining in your parts. We had sunshine yesterday and it was BEAUTIFUL but today it is grey and gloomy again and we are suppose to get big rains this afternoon. We are a soggy/muddy mess down here.

Leenie - are you crashing by the time you finally get home each day?

Liz - hope you are sleeping before you get started on your list of things to do!

Cin - ok I have to ask - what is a double milk smoothie? do you make it from scratch? sounds like something I might like too. have fun wrapping!

April - how was shopping? is it busy in your town too? ours is wild! but everyone that I have run into have been nice.

SueMarie - whasssssssup?

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 03:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

KO - I've been meaning to ask you what is "Queen Homemade Sin"?

and hey?
anybody been watching The Biggest Loser on Tuesday nights?
they rode spin cycles for 4 hours last night! iiiiiiiiiiiiii yiiiiiiiii yi yi
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 04:07 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Lynnie Next time Bring her a big coffee! how dare she knod off on you
Cathy ages ago when the movie Divine Secrets of the yaya sisterhood came out there was a yaya name generator on the web and lol I liked mine too much to take it down

Last edited by KO; 12-08-2004 at 06:20 PM.
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 04:30 PM   #10  
CIN

Hi Gals
Welcome Chris......

Lynnie.I think that is awful a sleepy therapist...she is supposed to be a good listener!

Cathy.a double milk Smoothie.is a Weight Watcher Smoothie made with milk.it counts as 3 points but as a double or 2 milks! I mix choc & vanilla half and half.add sweetner,vanilla & ice cubes. I am positive I maintain better when I get in at least 2 milk servings daily!

I spent almost the entire day up and down from the attic.....re-arranging....gift wrapping..got a lot done!With 4 grandchildren it looks like a lot more than it really is!Frankly they are what I care about the most! I did buy my hubby an electric blanket cause I roast and he freezes!

I have a tea from 1-3 Saturday and our work Potluck/Christmas Party.I always decorate the tables etc..........so I have been working on making 4 center pieces for the tables.I bought cheap thick tall candles and glue-gunned beads from the base about half way up.very pretty! They almost look like they are a candle cover or something.I just cut Dollar store beads(silver)and glued them half way....I sit them on mirrors with those hurricane globes ( cheap at Garden Ridge) on top. I have 4 of those.there are so many things you can do with them.last year I draped the beads in the globes around the candles....in the Fall I put candy corn around the candles inside the globes.peppermints work well too!

Well it is church night.gotta run.

Liz....try to get some rest.I know its hard with children & household chores.

See you all tomorrow.

Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 04:32 PM   #11  
Walking by faith

Wink Hi Ladies

Catching up with everyone

Monday I saw my doctor to get my blood test results. My sugar is 111 ("normal" is 110 or less) so I'm going to be taking a Glucose tolerance test on Friday. Hopefully it will come back o.k.

Lynnie: Sounds like you and your therapist had a rough day . Enjoy your baking. It IS expensive! I love to bake-unfortunately, I also love to eat

Leenie: Stop staring at the boss and get back to work!

Cathy: Are you done with your Christmas shopping? I haven't even started!

Liz: All you can do is live each moment as it comes-and get plenty of rest!

CIN: Enjoy the rest of your week!

Lanee: Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know all too well the heartache of dealing with a rebellious teen. I'm here if you need to talk.

April: I'm glad you're doing so well

Chris: Welcome to our thread! We have a wonderful group of ladies here, and I know you'll enjoy being part of our group. My name is Joanne. I'm 54 years old, have one grown son, and I'm also handicapped. I have a broken ankle (temporary) and nerve damage in my right leg and pelvic area (permanent). I'm also on 10 mg Lexapro-it's helping with my anxiety. I'm still feeling some depression, but that's a long story . Please feel free to come and share with us-we're good listeners

Kierie: Don't worry about "falling off the wagon" Just hop right back on!

Gotta to go get ready to teach my Sparkies (K-2nd graders). I'm looking forward to it

Hope everyone is enjoying their day.
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 05:53 PM   #12  
Divine Gal

Even though she was falling asleep i thought it was hilarious.The state is paying her but I hope it wasn't because I was boring her.
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 12:16 AM   #13  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Everyone!

April – If you got the CD version of Diet Power, then yeah I guess it’s on CD. I just downloaded it from the net and then my friend gave me her copy.

Lanee – Yes, life is worth living, that’s for sure. Just sometimes you get in that slump and it’s hard to get over the hurdle. But it’s definitely been weird not having those thoughts… I know that sounds a bit weird itself, but it almost became like a habit… crying yourself to sleep, wishing you were dead, feeling nothing you ever did was right. It is strange not to think that but also uplifting. I think it might be due to I don’t have any time to think anymore LOL! No, in all seriousness tho, I’ve just filled my life with more things I enjoy. Talking to everyone here is one of them

Cathy – I been watching that show “The Biggest Looser” I find their attitude and ability to keep up with all that work amazing… my one concern is, I know that when I started loosing all that weight really fast, that I ended up weakening my immune system (even if taking supplements) and I got sick, not to mention, I gained most back. I wonder how they will be able to handle the weight once it’s off. Like will they be able to maintain?

Well ladies, I have one more day of finals to go… Tomorrow is my big one too! I’m so stressed out with this class. There’s literally no work in this class, it’s all lecture lecture lecture! Oh but two papers. Real easy you would think… but my goodness, their exams really knock you on your behind! I have a 4.0 at Cal State. I’m pulling a “C” in this class after I got nailed with the midterm. Now the final is here. I’m concerned that I’ll end up failing the class. I think I could live with a C… I would very much like an A, but I think that’s out of the question now. If I can just pull through on my final exam, and pass this class with a C… I’ll be relieved. I know that sounds really flakey… but… umm… I dunno what to say to that. It’s like I’ve settled for a C when I can do better. I worked my rear off and got A’s on my papers. I have one more to be graded. I usually do good on my writing assignments. I’m hoping for my last paper to pull me through. Well, I’m off to go study. Gonna be a long night.

I hope everyone is doing well… sorry for posting so late in the day.
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote