Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-06-2004, 08:14 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Monday Chat - Dec 6th

Good Morning,

BBL, got a meeting OY!

HUGS

Ring a ching ching, its Dominic the Donkey, la la la la la la la
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 10:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

it's busy around here of course! I wish the sun was shining. It has been raining and gloomy outside since Friday. *sigh* but I'm still smiling.

it was good to see all the posts over the weekend. but I am so sorry for all the problems tho, especially with our children. goodness, I will be lifting each one of you and your families up in prayer! promise!

Lanee - you mentioned your 14 year old daughter is scratching/cutting. if you don't mind talking about it, I wondered if she has been diagnosed with a chemical imbalance like depression or anxieties or ocd or body dysmorphic disorder, etc - a lot of teens with different chemical imbalances may cut and scratch (self-mutilate). Hopefully she will get the treatment in the hospital that she needs and they will find the problem, but I have learned from years of dealing with my oldest son's chemical imbalance that sometimes as parents we have to be very diligent (bull dogs) to get a correct diagnosis and the help they need. Also, you may want to check out a thread I had started about earlier about low thyroid and mental problems. I don't mean to stick my nose in your business and I am only trying to help, but would like to suggest that you have her thyroid checked (with the correct tests) to make sure that is not part of the problem.

you can read the thread at:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49146

I'm here if you want to talk.

ok, I have got to get to work girlies.

ya'll take care of yourselves and take a minute for yourselves today!

bbl & hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:23 PM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi ladies
so i totally fell off the wagon on saturday I had a pbj a personal pizza and rice and wine at dinner
BUT i was back on the wagon sunday
scrapbooking was fun! i did one page and will be working on organizing other oens
our tree and village is up!
today the weather's craptastic (be careful driving leenie) so so far i'mhaving a jammie day b/c i feel lik i'm 90
I have to go throw lunch together
bbiab
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:36 PM   #4  
Divine Gal

Good Afternoon Ladies.

I am really pooped today.I have folded laundry this morning and cleaned up.Dh is out running some errands.Especially mailing out Christmas cards and some packages.I will probably do some reading while he is gone.I hope everyone has a good day.

Lanee I hope your daughter starts feeling better soon.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 12:43 AM   #5  

Off to work..........have 2 nights to do.......then off for awhile.......had a busy day.......took to the dog to the groomers, attended a funeral of a retired pastor, met with dd12's principal and all the usual stuff in between............just had a nap.......hang in there everybody.........man was it quiet here today!

Be well!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:45 PM   #6  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I'm wondering if you mind if I join your group. I've been battling depression for awhile now but didn't finally see a doc until last year. I'd love to hear what you all have to say.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 02:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Welcome chris!
just jump right on in and tell us all about yourself.
join us on the daily threads - I think everybody is posting on Wednesday's thread today.
I look forward to getting to know you!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 03:52 PM   #8  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Well thanks for the welcome. I'm 33 and a stay at home mom of 3 girls (11 yrs, 5 yrs, and 2 yrs). I have rheumatoid arthritis. That in itself makes weight loss a challenge. In September of 2003 I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and depression. I'm on Lexapro (10 mg now) and have been for a long while now. I don't think I ever got over the "baby blues" with my last one and then my dh started working nights. Add that to the arthritis and it was just an overload for me. I wanted to start getting off my meds this month but the doctor didn't think I'd handle it so well. Chronic pain brings on stress and stress creates depression and that causes more pain...etc. A little circle of problems.
I love to mess around on the computer and being on the 3fc website. I'm a chronic ebayer and pogo.com player. I love to read and sew. Somedays I still feel kind of "blah" so if you guys have any little "pick me up" ideas...I'd love to hear them. I'm also a member of the desperate housewives thread on this site. They are a great bunch of gals. Love them!

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 04:09 PM   #9  

Welcome Chris!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote