Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-03-2004, 05:41 AM   #1  
Walking by faith

Smile Wednesday Chat

Good morning Ladies!

I'm up early with my DH-and I'm STILL wearing my cast . It's not ALL bad, though. The Dr. said my bone is healing well overall. One side is filling in slower, but it's making progress. I'm looking at being in a walking cast by the beginning of the year (not too much longer ). He's being VERY conversative-which means I have to be VERY patient!

Liz: Whatever decision you've made, I hope it works out wonderfully.
We love you

Well, the election isn't over YET-hopefully it won't be a long drawn out fight like 2000.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful day!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 08:19 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Joanne!
I feel your pain hon when I was about 4 I was in half a body cast (from the waist down) It stinks to be stuck at home over something you cant control. . .BUT you're healing! and soon you'll get the walking cast
Dinner at my moms was totally blown last night I had planned on something healthier from Wendys and we got chinese while I didn't go hog wild I still feel thepreservatives and fat and Lovely MSG (I'm allergic) Coarsing thru me. But I'm back on track.
gotta get cracking on my day! bbiab
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 08:35 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oh this is soooooooo nice !! Good Morning Ladies

Joanne, sorry your cast isn't off but I'm glad it is healing. Are you on any meds to speed up the bone healing ? My nephew had a hunting accident when he was 14 and well.....this is gross....... he blew off his chin and lips, but thank GOD he is alive... anyway, he still wears bandages over his face, he is now 22. He has had over 70 operation since then but I think he was given something to help w/the growth of the bone (i'm guessing b/c he was young and still growing). Is there anything like that they are doing for you ?

KO, chinese food is so dangerous, I can not control myself when I get near it. I try to stay away all together or if I get take out, its steamed veggies & ckn w/sauce on the side. Tummy's growling now LOL!!! That and mexican food is my favorite. I did good yesterday

Not much going on today except the biggie boss is here all day and we have a meeting from 10 am - 12:30 pm.... *yawn* He will anounce NEXT week when our new boss is coming in (you know sargent slaughter ) I'm suspecting his new start will be November 29th. But we will find out next week.

Cathy, sorry the other day the exercise I did was just walking. Me and a lady here went for a nice brisk 40 minute walk. I'm so stupid, I have resistance bands here and I forget to use them. "If I Only Had A Brain"

Liz, I hope your DD is doing better. One day at a time huh. Hope your decision is what you've always wanted !!!! Hugs

Lynnie, how ya doing baby!! we sure do miss you and hope your feeling better. How's your Darling Husband doing ? I know you said he was doing physical work and his back was bothering him.

Cin, good to see your at work and chugging along. How are you feeling today ? Have you stopped flipping people the bird Love yah.

Tippy, where are ya gal. I miss you dearly.

I miss all you goils I have not mentioned here. Hope your all doing okay, we love you and please come back any time, even if its just to say boo!

Well I better run b/f the boss man comes in.

Hugs to you !
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:18 AM   #4  

Morning everyone!

I have a phone meeting with my boss today at around 1300h.....so I will update you then.

I awakened with a headache this morning and tossed and turned all night....which could only mean one thing! THE CURSE........oh I shouldn't call it that......but man it is the last thing I need.......I am so behind on my assignment....I can't get ahold of my prof......

DD12 is definately one day at a time type situation......one minute she is hugging me and the next she is screaming.....I don't envy these young kids and the growing up they have to do.

Joanne hang in there.....you sound like an excellent patient.....you have been through so much.

Ko I hear ya on the ethnic food! Get's you every time.....but it is so good! I have been eating the cup of noodles and diet gingerale/diet coke lately! I know mental...but quick and easy to throw in my bag for work....what I lived on in nurses training,,,must be regressing.....of course then I was a lovely 110 lbs! I am getting parnoid about eating out....with all the stories you hear about restaurants....and the people that are working in them. I must need meds!

Have a great day everyone and I will post as soon as I know something......I would post my letter to my boss.......but you never know who is reading these.

Bye for now.....have to go shower dd6

Hugs to you all

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:37 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

My mom is slowly driving me insane. Or I am her Same stuff diff day she's wall papering today and was supposed to show the house to a realtor who's name she can't remember from a town she doesn't know. Who gets to do the calling? oh thats me.
I'm in the middle of a big assignment I'm behind on grrrr
Leenie: when my brain starts to function "<it coincides with when the coffee starts to percolate> I will post this Amazing burrito recipe its so easy its from the Kathleen Daelmans the cooking thin lady from food tv DH LOVES it and it gives me my mexican fix
Morning Liz I hate waking with a headache esp when its TOM Have you tried evening of primrose oil? it helps all menstrual related ( and menopausal) ills
as for DD12 I would never be 12 again its a bad age you don't know if your older or younger and you feel like your whole body is an embarassment. *hugs* for you and for her
I think the youngest age i'd go back to is 24/25 thats when i actually started knowing me and I lived abroad lol
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:59 AM   #6  
CIN

Default Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Good Morning (yawn)
Hubby had TV on in bedroom until 2:45 a.m..I drifted on & off all night...........then this mess is still up in the air..................oh boy!

I have already ironed ( not easy with one hand not 100%)
Done laundry
Made beds ....Paid bills............................
Now I am exhausted ha h ahhahahah
I have errands to run.so I will shower & run.

Nice to see so many posted ALREADY!

Anxious for all the news later.especially Liz.

BBL
Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:11 AM   #7  

What other boards does everyone post on?

Elilz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:58 AM   #8  

Here I aymmmm! Roger and I just got home. I had to have more lab work done on Monday and today and probably Friday. The drug Coumadin(SP?) a blood thinner is going goofy on me. We also went and got the builders permit and stuff because tomorrow, the cement trucks will be here, starting the attached garage. It's a gonna be a mess but to have a garage will be so nice. Our vehicles have sat out in the weather all these years.

Yesterday, early in the morning, after Roger left, there was a black truck in my driveway. I couldn't see anyone. Then I realized that it was our neighbor, builder, church member/know his mother,wife,children and grandkids. Only in country does someone drive into a driveway before dawn and not worry about the police being phoned.

Been busy with church stuff. Our membership is growing very fast and with that, so is the paperwork. Being the under paid (unpaid) secretary for the Elders, plus the church secretary, all that paperwork is mine. On a sad note,I get to hear the problems too. We have a very elderly gentleman who has been a member since birth and I hear he might be getting dementia. I could just cry. I guess that he is very angry about everything and anything. Hopefully, he can be medicated and stay home.

Well, I must go...literally! BTW, the family situation remains the same. DD and I have communicated three times via email this past month and it all had to do with church business. It's a relief not to deal with it all.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 04:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

busiest day of my life today!!!!

but I am thrilled about the elections!

and very encouraged for our country!

hope to catch up tomorrow

hope all is well

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote