Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-20-2004, 11:48 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Thursday Chat, October 21st

Good Morning
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 02:14 AM   #2  

Huh? What the heck are you doing Leens?

I got lots done on Wednesday......I got my assignment back and it perked me right up!
19/20......lost 1 point for too many ......

So got the wind back in my sails!

Hope all is well.....I am off to bed.....it is just after midnight here.

xoEliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 08:48 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Lizzy,

Didn't think you'd notice

Joanne CONGRATS on your team winning

Nothing much is new here. I'm trying to post a picture of my chin w/the bruise but the site is acting funny. Its attaching fine but not showing. OY. I love to gross y'all out booooooo!

Liz glad your flying high

Hmmmmmmm me need coffee and a bananna waffle
Old 10-21-2004, 08:51 AM   #4  
slow but steady

Good Morning. I have had a couple of rotten days... I hope to pull myself out of it today. Getting back on points..and hopefully get my head out of the clouds. Me and my baby girl are going to a baby and me aquasize class after lunch.. We should have fun!

Have a good day all
♥ΠλΛ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 09:57 AM   #5  
Walking by faith

Talking Good morning ladies

THEY DID IT!! THEY DID IT!!

The Red Sox became the first baseball team in history to come back from 0-3 to win the Pennant.

The curse is broken!!

Leenie & Liz: Boy, you sure are night owls! Good job on your assignment Liz

Dee: Don't beat yourself up-go to your aquacize w/your baby and enjoy!

Not much else happening here

Have a great day!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:01 AM   #6  

I was happy the red sox won as well!

Have fun at aquasize.....I always loved the water with my babes!

Leens too bad about the chin......

Gotta go more housework and homework today....on a roll!

I work nights tonight and then I am off for a while.

Eliz
Old 10-21-2004, 12:32 PM   #7  

Good morning all.....just got out of bed.....with DH retired.....at this time of year he seems to get up later....so I end up sleeping later.

Be back later.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 01:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

just pooping in to say HI
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 03:07 PM   #9  

Ummmmm Cathy do you mean popping in?

Hope you are having a good day!

xoEliz
Old 10-21-2004, 03:19 PM   #10  

ummmmmmmm well yes that is exactly what I meant

POPPING in

not pooping in

even tho I actually am having a kind of poopy day! LOL
but I really did mean to say "popping" in.

Old 10-21-2004, 03:29 PM   #11  

That is so funny.....in interpretive psych if you said that it would be interpreted to mean that you are having a "poopy day" or you are mad at us!

What is going on for you sunshine! You are always there for everyone......you ok?

hugs and kisses!

Eliz
Old 10-21-2004, 03:53 PM   #12  

now you know I could never be mad at you guys!
ya'll are the best!

I just have a nagging headache which was probably brought on by worrying about my oldest son that has a chemical imbalance.

ok....I'm gonna spill my guts here......

He had been doing so well, but has had a hard time since starting this semester. I think as the classes get harder, it is more stress for him and stress is a huge factor with any chemical imbalance, and he just got behind in his classes and panicked bec he felt he couldn't pass upcoming tests and ended up dropping all but 2 classes (while I was out of town with my mom). no big deal, we just all regrouped, and he's looking into a 2 year degree rather than a 4 year, but I've been working on additional paperwork so that he can keep his scholarships, even tho he won't be able to take the required hours, but am hoping they will make an exception due to his chemical imbalance.

But he had a doctor's appt today (which got me into a poopy mood). He goes every 3 to 6 months depending on how he is feeling, and he is already on a lot of meds, and the doc wanted to increase two of them, and add another one to help with the heart palpitations and adrenaline rushes he is having because of his anxiety and I'm just sick about it. The doc says its just for a month or two until he is feeling better, but that has been said with every med we've added or increased, and then when we try to reduce them it causes problems.

I could just cry. I am so worried about all of these meds. I was the type of mom that never gave my kids any medicine unless they really needed it and I use to not take an advil unless my head was KILLING me. man have I come a long way.

But the thing is I keep hoping to take him off some of this stuff, and then it seems like we have to increase stuff or add more and it's just nerve racking! I know his memory is already not what it use to be! I'm worried we are frying the boys brain *sigh*

I'm just being silly I guess.

His doc knows my concerns about the meds, we talked about it again today (I thought I was gonna start crying right in front of him like an idiot but I was able to stop myself, thank goodness), but he reminded me that it's just short term and that he is not prescribing anything for my son that he would not prescribe for his own under the same circumstances.

you know how it is as a mom - you just want what is best for your kids - so you drive yourself nuts trying to make sure everything is as good as it can be under the circumstances. I want the best for him and I don't know what that is anymore!

thanks for letting me vent,
cathy
Old 10-21-2004, 05:14 PM   #13  

Cathy thanks for sharing all that with us......we just love our kids so darn much! We are only as happy as our saddest one....it is a whole lot of worry for you and I don't blame you........hugs to you! You are in my thoughts!

xo Liz
Old 10-21-2004, 10:39 PM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Ladies,

Joanne glad your team won

Dee, did you have fun w/the baby today? that class sounds like it would be.

Liz, you say pop I say poop, you say potato I say pototo, you say tomato I say tomater LOL!!!!

April !!!!!!!!!!!! we need your help. There's a lady on the October 20th thread who is asking about light therapy. Could you give her a few words. Thanks sweet lady. Here's the thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...d=1#post698939

Cathy, I know what you mean about kids and meds, I hate giving DD anything. But you have to look at it like this. Thank GOODNESS!! there are medications to help him in the first place, just think, or not, what he would be like w/out them. The doctor will get the right combo for him but its tough until they do. Awww Hugs to you sweet Mama, he'll be okay. I'd worry too.

I just got done cleaning my house like a madwoman. My friend from HS is coming over tomorrow night and well I just won't have time tomorrow to do it. DH actually cleaned the bathroom which took a big load off my shoulders YEAH HONEY!!! lol. She'll be here at 6 pm and thats about the time I am just walking in my door.

I'm getting tired so off to bed I go.

Hugs All !!